Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Do you support factory farming?

Vote with your dollars.
    …we have not spent the last 65 million or so years finely honing our physiology to watch Oprah. Like it or not, we are the product of a very long process of adaptation to a harsh physical existence, and the past couple centuries of comparative ease and plenty are not enough time to change our genome. We humans are at our best when our existence mirrors, or at least simulates, the one we are still genetically adapted to live. And that is the purpose of exercise. - Mark Rippetoe

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I support food getting into my mouth. How it gets there I could careless. beat the cows with a baseball bat in the skull for all I care...

BTW...deer season starts next week
    OG

Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If industrialized farming is so great, then why do they need massive amounts of tax dollars to prop them up?

Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    I support food getting into my mouth. How it gets there I could careless. beat the cows with a baseball bat in the skull for all I care...

Deer season just ended here. Didn't see sht captain.
    …we have not spent the last 65 million or so years finely honing our physiology to watch Oprah. Like it or not, we are the product of a very long process of adaptation to a harsh physical existence, and the past couple centuries of comparative ease and plenty are not enough time to change our genome. We humans are at our best when our existence mirrors, or at least simulates, the one we are still genetically adapted to live. And that is the purpose of exercise. - Mark Rippetoe

likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Reluctantly, but yes. The same way I support unfair foreign labor.

The nutrition misc. Where threads are sent to die.

This thread is about food quality and supporting sustainable, responsible, healthful farming. Not sure why it was moved to the misc "For off topic conversation"

Farms shouldn't be toxic wastelands where our foods is grown insides warehouses.

Ill be honest. I feel like this thread was moved because of the sentiment in our society that we should just be willfully ignorant. Its uncomfortable to actually see the truth so people police themselves. That way they don't have to feel bad about bringing home conventional crap to their family. They don't have to take responsibility for their part in this mess.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Strong..

I just want to say. This isn't about being judgmental at all. I just want to have a conversation about the reality how weird and gross conventional farming has become over the last 50 or so years. The troubling part is how fast it happened and most people don't even realize how strange it has become.

It's a complicated issue for sure. Just consider the massive amount of tax money it takes to prop this thing up. A lot of blame to pass around. From huge corporations to the government agencies they own. However my perspective is people get what they deserve. Nothing is going to change until the public start getting pissed off about it and stops supporting it.

Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'll be honest, i'm ignorant to it and don't like to watch videos on the stuff as it usually is disturbing.. but I do have a question. Why has animal cruelty become so prominent in farming? Why torture an animal before slaughter? Does it just come down to saving time/money? I don't know how a person can bring themselves to do that kind of thing even.. but that's another psychological discussion, haha.

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    in a perfect world i'd buy all my meat and produce from the local farmers who come in every weekend during the summer, but let's be real that's not practical for me in terms of picking that **** up or affordable. i mean maybe i could afford it but i don't want to sacrifice for it.

the other problem i have is that short of buying from the farmers, i don't trust the companies selling the "ethical stuff." too many workarounds in terms of what goes on the label actually meaning anything. it's my problem with whole foods. some of the stuff seems great and all, but i can't help that as a whole they're making bank off of people who simply want to go the other way, hard to see if it's actually that much better...
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Domicron View Post
    in a perfect world i'd buy all my meat and produce from the local farmers who come in every weekend during the summer, but let's be real that's not practical for me in terms of picking that **** up or affordable. i mean maybe i could afford it but i don't want to sacrifice for it.

the other problem i have is that short of buying from the farmers, i don't trust the companies selling the "ethical stuff." too many workarounds in terms of what goes on the label actually meaning anything. it's my problem with whole foods. some of the stuff seems great and all, but i can't help that as a whole they're making bank off of people who simply want to go the other way, hard to see if it's actually that much better...
    It actually is pretty affordable if you can buy a full/half cow, but you need a large deep freezer in your garage.

I'm with you though on not trusting the "ethically raised" packaging etc though. Businesses will find any loophole thay can to skirt the guidelines. "Grass fed (1 oz of dehydrated grass powder in its life), "pastured"(walked across pasture once on way to slaughter), etc.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    It actually is pretty affordable if you can buy a full/half cow, but you need a large deep freezer in your garage.

I'm with you though on not trusting the "ethically raised" packaging etc though. Businesses will find any loophole thay can to skirt the guidelines. "Grass fed (1 oz of dehydrated grass powder in its life), "pastured"(walked across pasture once on way to slaughter), etc.
    i'm down to buy a cow and a pig, but the wife says no each time i bring it up lol. room for a deep freezer is tough too...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i'm down to buy a cow and a pig, but the wife says no each time i bring it up lol. room for a deep freezer is tough too...
    A coworker here buys a half cow about every 6 months or so, from a local farm where they are pastured. You can actually go visit the farm wtc, then when time, you go pick up your meat all packaged up in paper and labeled. He said it comes out to about $4 per pound. A good deal if you make stews etc. not good for aomeone who only eats tri tip or top sitloin etc. most people tend to get fixated on one cut.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

motilynn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) motilynn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) motilynn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) motilynn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) motilynn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) motilynn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) motilynn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) motilynn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) motilynn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) motilynn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) motilynn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do. My dad makes a living with his farm and being the local butcher. The kind of man that see's people coming in to his shop buying junk food, and makes them a fresh sandwich to go. But people don't see that stuff.. More and more, this society tells people to believe farmers like him are just monsters that tortures animals until the die.
    He's provided a lot of meals in his life.. Many at the lowest cost for fresh meat that would cost 3x as much normally. It's discouraging to see so many people hate on it.

I don't trust all the "ethical stuff" either. In the second video i posted they talk about that in the chicken industry. What actually qualifies as free range etc. Organic has become a huge business and the conventional "farmers" are taking advantage. I worry about the standards being legislated to be absolutely meaningless. I definitely don't trust government regulation/certifications, etc to fix the problem, only make it worse. However that's what conscious consumerism is all about. Just make the best decisions you can and support the companies you believe it. Start buying from local farmers markets,direct from farmers, CSA's, etc. You don't have to put full faith in the "certified organic" racket.

Like you said it comes down to priorities and what you are willing to sacrifice for. This is the way i see it. Whats more important? $100+ TV bill, brand new cars, new cell phones every year, etc OR healthful food for your loved ones and doing your part to insure a sustainable future for the next generation? People argue that it isn't practical for everyone to eat this way (despite the united nations saying small organic farming is the only sustainable method, and the fact that what we have now is only possible because of HUGE subsidies). The reality is its about priorities. We could grow enough organic food for everyone with just the land we use for golf courses if that's what the public really wanted.

i appreciate what you're getting at, but i've no resource to check into each brand of grocery store "organic, ethical, etc" product listed to see how legit they are and i've not the time to go shop at the farmers' markets (nor the opportunity during the winter) to buy all my meat. could we order literally hundreds of pounds of meat and freeze it for later use? maybe.

eventually this will be more of a priority to me, honestly what i need to start focusing on sustainability and ethical shopping (i still don't believe that "organic" is better) is more accountability from the companies which use those words on the labels, or a resource (i.e. respectable website) which can provide a list of brands/products which have passed some sort of evaluation or qualification.

until then, its something that's nice to think about, but not something i'm super concerned about.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jesse_l_g View Post
    If industrialized farming is so great, then why do they need massive amounts of tax dollars to prop them up?

Deer season just ended here. Didn't see sht captain.
    I never said it was great...I said IDGAF how my food gets to my plate.
    OG

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I never said it was great...I said IDGAF how my food gets to my plate.
    Meh. To each their own I guess.

I just think that in this day and age, with how many resources are wasted/overused (especially in the meat industry). It's worth it to educate yourself.

muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yea.
    You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.
    � Jerry West �
    How to Upgrade Your Life: A Primer On Diet And Fitness
    https://guavarilla.wordpress.com/fitness-guide/