frag79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sleeve on olympic bar doesn't spin

I just bought a new body solid olympic bar and the right sleeve only spins a quarter of the way around either way and then gets stuck. Is there a way to fix this? I don't have an allen wrench big enough to take it off.

2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000)
    try to take it apart but make sure you can put it back together. if not just return it. something is probably stuck inside.
    $

"No fck that, I'm not gonna miss any reps. I'll die before i miss a rep." - dynamik, #1

Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Unacceptable. return it!!!!!
    "Now, when it's killing time, there ain't no better boy than your dumb white country Southerner. Those boys can shoot and got brains the size of fleas." - Jack Payne / from the book "Point of Impact" by Stephen Hunter.

squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Yeah I would return it or try to get it apart , could be the bearings inside need greasing
    Strongman/Powerlifter

Height - 5' 6"
    Weight - 237#

Squat , Squat and Squat , and when you are so sick of Squatting you wanna puke . Go puke and Squat some more.

WildBillyT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WildBillyT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WildBillyT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WildBillyT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WildBillyT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WildBillyT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WildBillyT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WildBillyT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WildBillyT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WildBillyT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WildBillyT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Go get an Allen socket (T-45, T-50, etc) and an 18" 1/2" drive breaker bar. That should work for you; it did for me. I forget the size I used though, sorry.

FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Definitely return it. If something so low maintenance needs fixing right out of the box, you got a bad sample.

PitaBread has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Body Solid

Body Solid really stands behind their products. I suggest that you call them and rehearse to them your problem. I'm sure that they will resolve it. Their products usually come with a lifetime warranty.

I just returned the bar yesterday, along with a defective 2.5lb plate which had a hole just a little to small to fit on the bar. They gave me a keys bar instead since they were out of the body solid ones. They said it has a 1000lb capacity just like the defective one.

wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    pardon my ignorance, but why is it imperative that the sleeve spin?

The reason the ends spin is mainly for olympic lifts such as the clean and jerk because the weights spin at the end of the bar and take the pressure off of your wrists. Although for regular lifting this is not that important, if the ends do not spin freely the bar is defective.

wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by frag79
    The reason the ends spin is mainly for olympic lifts such as the clean and jerk because the weights spin at the end of the bar and take the pressure off of your wrists. Although for regular lifting this is not that important, if the ends do not spin freely the bar is defective.
    awww, that makes a lot of sense. thanks for the info.

robertogiono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Old olympic barbell sleeve doesn't spin

Hi im new to forums but well. I got my hands on my fathers olympic weight set. But the sleeves of the bar doesnt spin at all. The set was rusty and I refurbished with vinager and wire brush. They look preety decent now. But the bar!!, my father cant remember if they used to spin or not. The set may have 30-40 years old. Dont know how to post pictures. I need help.

Rob.