Thread: starting again

boaz1jachin2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

starting again

I just turned 39 and I am getting ready to start again on my body sculpting journey. I wanted to now since its been 13 year I have not trained what would be the best way to start? I was thinking legs due to me not really working them much in the past. I want to do it rite this time. Any help with what direction I should head with my start up would help.

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Read starting strength or the all pro workout in the programs section

Originally Posted by djflex View Post
    Read starting strength or the all pro workout in the programs section
    thanx

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The smartest thing to do is to ease your way into it. What most people do is get all fired up, hit the gym hard the first day and are so sore the next day they can function.

They repeat it again next gym visit.

So now they have conditioned themselves into thinking the gym is something to be avoided, like a hot stove.

The end up giving it up because they relate it with discomfort.

pick out something you like to do and go do it. remember its been 13 years since you last did it so ease your way in. do the minumum amount the first week.

this will leave you wanting more so you will condition yourself to want more time in the gym.

Do something you enjoy doing. you will stick with it longer and look forward to doing it.

Work on your diet and you will have a great combination to get where you want to go.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

Makes lots of sense! I thank you for the advise. It gives me a good direction of were to start.