lthompson94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lthompson94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lthompson94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lthompson94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lthompson94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lthompson94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lthompson94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lthompson94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lthompson94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lthompson94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lthompson94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

More bumper questions

Hello equipment forum! A few questions. I've been searching the forums and review sites and it seems like 9/10 threads are about how to get the cheapest bumpers in town. I'm not interested in that entirely - I don't need Eleiko expensive but I'm looking at some mid range choices and have some questions. This isn't necessarily a "which should I get" thread. I just want to know some things that aren't often addressed. In the end I'll spend the money if it's worth it though.

Those of you who have gone with black competition bumpers over color, do you have any regrets, or vice versa? Whether it's functionality or just wishing your bumpers looked cooler.
    Is there any discernible difference between color and black (bounce, durability)?
    Right now I'm between Rogue Color Competition plates and Pendlay Elite black. Is there a mid-range choice I haven't considered?
    Is it worth the cost to get competition-style bumpers vs. old-school metal insert rubber bumpers? The latter tend to fail in my experience, usually cracks or the rings coming loose. I've never worked out extensively on comp. style.

I need in the neighborhood of 200lbs (my oly lifts aren't incredible yet), so a 210 lb set or so would be ideal. I have a budget of $500-$700 bucks, but to me, this is the beginning of a set of plates. I don't want a mish-mash of plates, I don't want to end up hating the brand. I want to build a set with more and more plates over time and they will be my go-to bumpers. I'd rather not get Rogue HG or something similar and then end up wishing I got comp. plates, or get black comp. plates and end up wishing I got color

Thanks for your input! I'll post a review and unboxing of whatever I choose. If there is an existing thread that addresses all this, any links or topic titles would be great.

cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Only difference between black and color competition bumpers is... color. If you want competition bumpers, then get them. A 90 kilo clean and jerk isn't really anything to be excited about, but starting with good plates means you won't need to upgrade once you hit 170+. The Pendlay are the best for the money. Also, 20% off right now. Be sure you get a good Olympic bar too (their bearing bar is also on big sale).

http://www.muscledriverusa.com/Selec...Off_c_732.html

http://www.muscledriverusa.com/Pendl...ars_c_833.html

lthompson94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lthompson94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lthompson94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lthompson94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lthompson94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lthompson94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lthompson94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lthompson94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lthompson94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lthompson94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lthompson94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the input. Oh, I have plenty of bars - that addiction really needs to stop. In the last few months I really went from zero to 90 on that one I've been using iron plates since I abandoned commercial gyms and I'm getting less confident in the lifts due to that fact.

I was more concerned with the whole "buy nice or buy twice" thing. I want to make sure I have no regrets. That said, between the time I wrote this OP and now, I decided I'd eliminate any doubt and just go for color competition plates. I don't want to wish I'd just gotten color later, or which I had gotten comp plates when my 10s start folding up or the inserts start popping out.

Price wise I went with Rogue. People seem to report there is very little difference in their comp plates vs Pendlay, and the Rogue price won. I saw the 20% off deal but meh, a hundred bucks to not kick myself later is fine with me.