golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How can I increase weight on my PowerBlocks?

In hindsight I should have bought the models that can expand to 90 & 120 lbs. In April I purchased the SportBlock 5.0s (5-50lbs) which were more than enough. Well I need heavier now. I know they sell a 20lb handle, but I don't want to spend another $150 for just 15 more lbs.

Any ideas on if I could add a weight plate to the handle my self to get another 30-40 lbs out of these? Is there any heavy duty lead tape or something like that out there?

jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    your best bet is probably to search craiglist for any of the sets that are upgradeable to 90 or 130, or even better, a set that's already upgraded. then sell your set.

AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, I'd sell your blocks and buy new ones...

Craigs List ftw.

BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Have you looked into fitness bands?
    However, the weight transfer would be different at different tensions in the band.
    Another possibility could be chains. You would just have to rig up some kind of attachment system.
    I think chains would be the most practical in terms of quick set up and weight tension. You could even run a length of chain through a weight plate and around the dumbbell handle. Might work or it might not, I'm just throwing out some ideas.
    Until you figure out a solution you can preexhaust what ever muscles your working, so that you don't have to use as much weight on your big lifts.

Registered User ira_est_a_donum's Avatar
    ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BigDogIt View Post
    Have you looked into fitness bands?
    However, the weight transfer would be different at different tensions in the band.
    Another possibility could be chains. You would just have to rig up some kind of attachment system.
    I think chains would be the most practical in terms of quick set up and weight tension. You could even run a length of chain through a weight plate and around the dumbbell handle. Might work or it might not, I'm just throwing out some ideas.
    Until you figure out a solution you can preexhaust what ever muscles your working, so that you don't have to use as much weight on your big lifts.
    this is the best idea so far... get heavy chains and wrap them around the dbs and you can prob add 10-20 lbs easy... that will last a few months easy.. in the mean time you can start searching CL and such for new bigger dumbbells... and worst get some olympic handles for cheaper and use them for the heavier weights and the powerblocks for the smaller weights like curls flies and your warm up pressing sets...

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Get rid of them and pick up a used pairs of pro blocks.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

jminrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can you give me more info on pro blocks. I finally found a fitness place within an hour of where I live and they had the power blocks that went up to 120 for $785 and I was concidering it but if there is something else out there I would like to look into that but when I googled power block I got a bunch of useless info. Thanks

Registered User ira_est_a_donum's Avatar
    ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jminrod View Post
    Can you give me more info on pro blocks. I finally found a fitness place within an hour of where I live and they had the power blocks that went up to 120 for $785 and I was concidering it but if there is something else out there I would like to look into that but when I googled power block I got a bunch of useless info. Thanks
    http://www.powerblock.com/

check these out...ironmaster quick lock, superbench, pull up and dip attachment for the bench..

http://www.ironmaster.com/store/Quic...bells-c-1.html

there are also

olympic handle dumbbells
    and the standard screw lock type...

search the forum with any of those words and youll find lots of info... or interchangeable dumbbells...

stay away from select tech or other cheap versions of interchangeable dumbbells...

also many people on here know how to get some % off powerblocks and ironmasters through deals etc... so check for that as well... ebay and craigslist are great resources for cheap good home workout equipment

need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jminrod View Post

If I were you I would not contact powerblock directly, as they are helpful and will answer your questions/ concerns.
    "People are bastard covered bastards, with bastard fillings"