Thread: Sub 4MIN row

icantu2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Sub 4MIN row

Hey, recently got into towing for a warm up to prior to my actual workout and wanted to know how my row is ?

I’m 5”7
    176lbs
    And so 1000m rows at 3:37-3:41 at 37-42 s/m I think that’s what it is as far as the s/m goes lol I don’t remember but I am at 37-42

Like I said I would just like to know how bad or good that is. I’m not a rower by any means but I do recognize it is a good workout and helps prep me for my actually training session

mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    it all depends on your goals....why such a fast spm if this is a warm up?

you can always tell the n00bs by their speed and technique. seasoned rowers or just ppl who have been taught and listened - tend to go slower, pull harder, and be VERY controlled.

i would recommend you either get on the boards over at concept II or find a former rower or well trained erger in your gym / community and ask for tips if you really hope to keep it up for your long term goals.

form is everything and you can easily hurt yourself or just do less positive for yourself by not knowing proper form. there are great instructional vids and super patient ppl over there

speed and split time aren't everything - and depending on the resistance (vent on the side if a CII erg) could mean very different effort....

good luck tho!!
    New Year Fat Loss thread --> https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180906143&p=1652695513#post1652695513

start: 248.6 (3/10/21) | bf ~50.0% (9/3/21)
    current: 182.2 (1/13/22) | bf 28.6% (1/13/22)
    new year cut goal: ~165-170lbs & bf~21-22%
    ^^^^^^same as long term goal^^^^^^

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you go too hard on the rower first up you will ruin your workout. Keep it pretty easy with a nice technique and save the hard rows to the end, or a separate day.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by icantu2 View Post
    Hey, recently got into towing for a warm up to prior to my actual workout and wanted to know how my row is ?

I’m 5”7
    176lbs
    And so 1000m rows at 3:37-3:41 at 37-42 s/m I think that’s what it is as far as the s/m goes lol I don’t remember but I am at 37-42

Like I said I would just like to know how bad or good that is. I’m not a rower by any means but I do recognize it is a good workout and helps prep me for my actually training session
    Theres a good chance you’re compromising your weight training doing that. All you need for weight warmup is a warmup set before working each body part. Too much or too intense of warm ups are counterproductive. Row after weights or on their own day.

I have an elliptical rower and no way I can do it on the same day as weight training that thing is brutal.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BenMcLeodNZ View Post
    If you go too hard on the rower first up you will ruin your workout. Keep it pretty easy with a nice technique and save the hard rows to the end, or a separate day.
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Theres a good chance you’re compromising your weight training doing that. All you need for weight warmup is a warmup set before working each body part. Too much or too intense of warm ups are counterproductive. Row after weights or on their own day.

I have an elliptical rower and no way I can do it on the same day as weight training that thing is brutal.
    these two are exactly right!!! that's what i was trying to say in a way less productive manner

erging really is a good warm up - if you don't go balls to the wall. uses most of your body and you can avoid cold lifting if you do a few minutes of super easy erging.....

good luck - 👍
    New Year Fat Loss thread --> https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180906143&p=1652695513#post1652695513

start: 248.6 (3/10/21) | bf ~50.0% (9/3/21)
    current: 182.2 (1/13/22) | bf 28.6% (1/13/22)
    new year cut goal: ~165-170lbs & bf~21-22%
    ^^^^^^same as long term goal^^^^^^

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mtnmama View Post
    these two are exactly right!!! that's what i was trying to say in a way less productive manner

erging really is a good warm up - if you don't go balls to the wall. uses most of your body and you can avoid cold lifting if you do a few minutes of super easy erging.....

good luck - ������
    Everyone is right.
    By the way, I didn't notice before, but OP's strokes per minute indicate to me that the technique sucks. Once that becomes a habit, it's extremely hard to get over it. I know that because my technique sucked big time, I even knew it and didn't care because I only cared about calorie burn. Big mistake haha.

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BenMcLeodNZ View Post
    Everyone is right.
    By the way, I didn't notice before, but OP's strokes per minute indicate to me that the technique sucks. Once that becomes a habit, it's extremely hard to get over it. I know that because my technique sucked big time, I even knew it and didn't care because I only cared about calorie burn. Big mistake haha.
    I was going to say the same, his stroke rate is really high so he's probably just going balls to the wall and not really moving properly. You're literally spinning a wheel with each row, so going that fast means he's short changing himself. If it's a Concept rower, it depends on the intensity level set as well.