Thread: Ketosis

greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Ketosis

I have read that some people can eat up to 50g carbs a day and not get kicked out of ketosis, and some people eat 5g and will get kicked out--which is where I stand.
    Is it the insulin sensitivity or what other factors play a role when it comes to how easily a person can get in and out of ketosis? I am in keto then as soon as I have dinner (which is veggies and meat) I am negative again. It's so weird.
    *"Obession is just a word the lazy try to call the dedicated"*--not mine, but a great quote!

Protein is to diets what black is to fashion: It makes everyone thinner." -- Lou Schuler

~A WOMAN'S PLACE IS IN THE WEIGHT ROOM!~

jayemadd is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayemadd is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayemadd is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayemadd is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayemadd is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayemadd is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayemadd is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayemadd is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayemadd is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayemadd is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayemadd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How do you know you're negative?

If your answer has anything to do with Ketostix, stop right there.
    The trick is to keep breathing...

Eat to live; don't live to eat.

aknopf95 is a name known to all. (+5000) aknopf95 is a name known to all. (+5000) aknopf95 is a name known to all. (+5000) aknopf95 is a name known to all. (+5000) aknopf95 is a name known to all. (+5000) aknopf95 is a name known to all. (+5000) aknopf95 is a name known to all. (+5000) aknopf95 is a name known to all. (+5000) aknopf95 is a name known to all. (+5000) aknopf95 is a name known to all. (+5000) aknopf95 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by greesemuunkie View Post
    I have read that some people can eat up to 50g carbs a day and not get kicked out of ketosis, and some people eat 5g and will get kicked out--which is where I stand.
    Is it the insulin sensitivity or what other factors play a role when it comes to how easily a person can get in and out of ketosis? I am in keto then as soon as I have dinner (which is veggies and meat) I am negative again. It's so weird.
    How are you gauging whether you're in ketosis or not?

Individual carb/insulin sensitivity may be part of it, or it could actually be something else that's knocking you out of ketosis. There's also a possibility of you being sensitive to something like citric acid or maybe artificial sweeteners. Yes, those are debatable and vary from person to person...but you could try cutting things out one at a time to see what's doing it.
    United States Army Medic

ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Would you try something for me? Take lemon (real lemons) and cut into fourths. Squeeze about a tbsp of lemon into water and drink about four a day. Check stix and report back? I've been trying some eliminations/additions and want to see if this makes a difference with anyone else.
    Also, your cookies and tiramisu recipe I made has a link in my keto log.

KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by greesemuunkie View Post
    Yes, it is true, but it takes time for it to happen. Its due to elimination of insulin resistance, for me it was after a six month period of fairly strict keto. Now, (if I want to) I can eat 200 grams of carbs as part of my morning post work out meal, and test positive for ketones later that evening....
    I'll take arrogance and the inevitable hubris over self-doubt and lack of confidence, anyday.......