thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation I've Been Brainwashed by Controlled Labs!

This log will follow my use of Orange Brainwash, an interestingly nootropic product recently released by Controlled Labs. It is currently $31.99 for a 20 serving tub ($1.60 per serving) in the bodybuilding.com store. I will use a complimentary tub of the Sour Apple Rush flavor. I will test Brainwash during challenging intellectual activities (I am in biomedical research) and during workouts.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/c...brainwash.html

Fitness Background

I am 6'0" 225 lbs and around 11-12% body fat. I have been bodybuilding for about 5 years, but I have always been involved in athletics and lifting throughout high school and college.

My current training program consists of power lifting, hypertrophy training, and regular cardiovascular/aerobic exercise. I regularly play in basketball leagues, about 1-2 times a week. I also periodically do yoga, usually once a month (I stretch regularly of course too). I train every day of the week immediately after work (sometimes I do two-a-days with a morning workout, but haven't been doing that lately), and I usually spend at least 2 hours in the gym per day. I workout on weekends as well. I usually put even more time in the gym on the weekend. I rarely take rest days. I usually don't have the opportunity to sleep more than 7 hours a night, but I have been working on sleep hygiene. I may try to switch up this intense routine and look to take more rest days or just lift less and do more cardio. We will see! I will provide all the details!

Nutrition

I am not as exacting and disciplined as I should be with my nutrition, but I have built healthy habits. I also endeavor ambitiously to curb my insatiable sweet tooth. I will eat 10% less than my total daily energy expenditure (TDEE), which is 3,669 kcal. Still working out my macronutrient breakdown. Generally, my diet is high protein (.9-1.2 grams per pound) with the rest composed of complex carbohydrates, healthy fats, and lots of fruits and vegetables. I sometimes deviate and binge on sweets. Additionally, I stay very well hydrated. I drink a gallon of water throughout the day at least, always have a liter of water by my side! My diet will be detailed during the log.

Supplementation

My supplementation is simple. I take maintenance doses of creatine monohydrate (5 grams), betaine anhydrous (2.5 grams), and beta-alanine (3.2 grams) and regularly use pre-, intra-, and post-workout (protein powder) products.. I also take 2000-5000 IU of vitamin D3, 250 mg of magnesium (TRAACs or magnesium oxide), and a b-complex vitamin daily (sometimes I switch in a multivitamin instead - currently using True Grit Multivitamin). I periodically use fish oil and zinc. This supplementation protocol will be maintained throughout the log.

A Legit Nootropic Product from Controlled Labs

Brainwash is a very interesting product. I really like the formula with its low stimulant approach and am very eager to try my first serving tomorrow. I think it is a product that with continued use will show increasing benefits. However, I am still expecting some special stuff from the acute effects, especially with some of the hype I've heard about the product. Moreover, it seems like a well balanced product with acute and prolonged acting nootropics.

Orange Brainwas Tub

[Center]Brainwash Formula

First serving tomorrow! Stay tuned!
    Last edited by thackes1; 02-15-2018 at 02:02 PM.
    ☑*CountryMike Appreciation Crew*☑

***All Reviews Accessible on BodySpace Page***

neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I came here to troll, but you might be a pretty good candidate to review this. In.

PS, rest days are gud mk. Especially if you're as busy as you sound.

thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by neddo View Post
    I came here to troll, but you might be a pretty good candidate to review this. In.

PS, rest days are gud mk. Especially if you're as busy as you sound.
    Haha yeah I agree. I've definitely learned the importance of rest days over the last year or so.

About to use first serving of Brainwash.

Today started well. I put in 8 hours of sleep last night and woke up feeling excellent. Ate a ton of food today and was excited to put in a great lift. My hamstrings and my lower back on the left side felt tight the whole day and during my lift so that wasn't optimal, but I'll try and take care of that with some more stretch.

My first serving of Brainwash was an interesting experience. I used a rounded scoop in about 12 oz of water. There was some clear sourness to the flavor though it was milder than I expected. The apple character was there to the flavor as well, but it was subtle too. Didn't feel a ton of energy from a serving of Brainwash, which was more or less expected based on the lower stim nature of the product. I have been regularly using about 300 mg of caffeine per day over the past few months. However, the focus effects were pretty strong. It wasn't an overpowering nootropic experience, but it was a very noticeable narrowing of attention and elevation in alertness. I definitely enjoyed the nootropic effects and hope to see even more as the log progresses. Used Brainwash as a pre-workout today for a tough leg workout. I wish I went a little higher with the stimulants because I was a little burned out at the end, but overall I was satisfied with the workout.

Pre-Workout:
    1 scoop of Orange Brainwash (Sour Apple Rush) in 12 oz of water

Intra-workout:
    1-2 liters of water

Workout:

Plyo warm up and stretching

Superset #1:
    Barbell Back Squat 6 x 12 315 lbs
    Decline Leg Press 6 x 20 450 lbs

Superset #2:
    Leg Extensions 5 x 20 135 lbs
    Leg Curls 5 x 20 150 lbs

Barbell Bench Step Ups
    5 x 10 (each leg) 155 lbs

Seated Calf Raises
    5 x 15 4 45 lb plates

100 continuous air squats
    200 meters of continuous lunges

30 minutes on bike

Post-workout:

1 Animal Snak Protein Bar

Nutrition:

Breakfast: Skipped breakfast
    Lunch: Lemon-herb spatchcock chicken, quinoa, and carrots

Dinner: Potato-crusted grouper, potatoes, and green beans, mozarella marinara, and chocolate mousse tart

superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    From my experience so far with Brain Wash if I'm gonna have a weight training session
    I'm combining it with some form of caffeine based product either a pre or a stimulant in
    cap form and so far 150mg to 225mg extra caffeine has worked well. If I'm just doing an
    abs workout then 1 scoop of BW by itself is perfect.

Originally Posted by superhuman67 View Post
    From my experience so far with Brain Wash if I'm gonna have a weight training session
    I'm combining it with some form of caffeine based product either a pre or a stimulant in
    cap form and so far 150mg to 225mg extra caffeine has worked well. If I'm just doing an
    abs workout then 1 scoop of BW by itself is perfect.
    Totally agree with that. Based on some of the comment I was expecting the energy side of the product to hit a little harder, and I thought that would be enough to carry me through my usual lift, but I realize that some extra caffeine with Brainwash makes heavier lifts better (even abs for me cause my hips and lower back are pretty tight right now). However, I have really enjoyed the focus side of the effects - probably the top nootropic I have tried.

neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The formula is built for focus primarily.

Originally Posted by neddo View Post
    The formula is built for focus primarily.
    Agreed that is definitely the goal of the product, which is primarily how I am evaluating it.

Superhuman's and my comments on the energy dimension pertain to the use of the product as a pre-workout. In that case additional energy is probably desirable for most.

Since that isn't primarily the intended use of Brainwash, we don't intend it as a criticism just a takeaway.

So I have continued use of Brainwash for both workout and non-workout purposes over the last few days. I think productivity and attention-span for intensive activities has seen a modest improvement (probably in part some placebo effect), but I have appreciated it immensely. I put in an extra few hours of lab work over the weekend compared to usual. Also, the length and efficiency of my workouts have improved. Generally, I am on-task more and less prone to distraction or less productive activity.

Had a minor withdrawal headache from the switch of time between the weekend use and weekday use today. It subsided immediately with Brainwash use. Today I stacked Brainwash with a simple pre-workout (Muscle Freak), which is basically caffeine, ginseng, BCAAs, and taurine. The nootropic experience was excellent. Was very locked in and put together a nice lift.

Pre-Workout:
    1 scoop of Orange Brainwash (Sour Apple Rush) in 8 oz of water + 1 scoop of Muscle Freak Pre-Workout (Fruit Punch flavor and 200 mg of caffeine)

Intra-workout:
    1-2 liters of water

Workout:

7 minute mile for a warm up

Flat Bench
    135 lbs 25 reps
    155 lbs 20 reps
    185 lbs 15 reps
    205 lbs 12 reps
    225 lbs 10 reps
    245 lbs 7 reps
    275 lbs 4 reps

Superset:
    Incline Bench 5 x 12 185 lbs
    DB Flat Bench 5 x 12 80 lbs

Superset:
    Cable Crossover 5 x 20 reps 70 lbs resistance on each side
    Wide set push ups 5 x 15

Superset:
    Pec deck 5 x 12 reps 120 lbs
    Shoulder Press Machine 5 x 12 reps 130 lbs

Arnold Press 50 lbs 100 reps as fast as possible

Triset:
    Band Tricep Pushdowns 5 x 30
    Skull Crushers 5 x 20 85 lbs
    Close Grip Press w/ Z-bar 85 lbs (transitioned to immediately after skull crushers)

Diamond Push ups 75 as fast as possible

Post-workout:

1 Animal Snak Protein Bar (chocolate brownie)

Nutrition:

Breakfast: Oatmeal and apple
    Lunch: Ground turkey-stuffed acorn squash

Dinner: Sweet potato, brown rice and quinoa pasta w/ Mid's meat sauce, and chicken parm. Pan cookie for dessert.

I tried Brainwash out in carbonated water, which was suggested by another forum member. It definitely enhanced the enjoyment of the flavor a little bit. I enjoyed it!

Unfortunately, I had an incredibly busy last week and weekend and wasn't able to check in with you guys on my experiences with Brainwash. So far, I've really enjoyed the effects. I think I am beginning to see a little bit more of the nootropic effects settling in. Generally, my cognitive abilities seem a little sharper. Specifically, I feel that my short-term memory and general recall have strengthened, and I also have noticed that I have been able to maintain intense and deep thought longer while using Brainwash. The effects haven't been enormous, but they still are noticeable and appreciable.

My nutrition and workouts have been all over the place this week/weekend, and I did struggle through some serious DOMS this week, especially in my abs and arms. I am growing a little tired of the Sour Apple Rush flavor but did think the combo with sparkling water was a winner. I just need some more sparkling water to mix it with now! Here's my workout from earlier today!

Pre-Workout:
    1 scoop of Orange Brainwash (Sour Apple Rush) in 8 oz of water + 1 scoop of Muscle Freak Pre-Workout (Fruit Punch flavor and 200 mg of caffeine)

Intra-workout:
    1-2 liters of water

Workout:

Arnold Press 5 x 15 55 lb DBs
    Shoulder Press 3 x 10 70 lb DBs

Military Press—Bar 5 x 12 115 lb flat bar
    Upright Rows 5 x 15 105 lbs on Z-bar

Lateral Raises 5 x 12 35 lb DBs
    Full Frontals 5 x 12 35 lb DBs

Abs
    Decline Sit-Up 1 x 100
    Ab Wheel 1 x 100
    Hanging leg raises 1 x 100
    Personalized circuit

1/2 hour on treadmill

Post-workout:

Nutrition:

Breakfast: Eggs, toasted Ezekiel bread, and fruit smoothie
    Lunch: Chicken salad and apple
    Snack: Animal SNAK bar and Salter caramel chocolate pretzels

Dinner: Chicken piccata, homemade mac & cheese, and steamed broc****

Have continued to run Brainwash and enjoy the boosted focus effects. I really appreciate enhanced focus because this month has finished out incredibly busy. Brainwash has definitely helped make me more efficient.

Totally fatigued by this workout plus the basketball I played next year.

Pre-Workout:

Intra-workout:
    1-2 liters of water

Workout:

Barbell Back Squat
    5 x 5 365 lbs

Superset #1:
    Leg Press 450 lbs 5 x 20
    Goblet Squat 100 lb DB 6 x 15

Superset #2:
    Leg Extension 190 lbs 6 x 15
    Leg Curls 175 lbs 6 x 20

Superset #3:
    Split Leg Lunges 70 lb DBs 5 x 10 (each leg)
    Standing Calf Raises 300 lbs 5 x 20

Ab Triset: Went to failure then switched exercises for 3 sets
    Ab Wheel
    Declined Ab Crunches
    Leg Raises

1 hour of basketball

Post-workout:

Nutrition:

Breakfast: Protein shake
    Lunch: Gourmet lunch sandwich, chips, apple, and cookie
    Dinner: Chicken tamale pie, greens, etc

Finished up Brainwash recently. It was definitely a fun, useful, and effective nootropic product that was versatile enough to support workouts and intensive intellectual activities. My last few days of Brainwash I was mostly using it to support my efforts in the lab, for which it was a really great choice. I will put together my final review of Brainwash, breaking it down in detail, posted soon in both the forum and store.