kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50)

My Pre-Workout Shake

taken 15-30 minutes before the workout...

Mix with water in a shaker/blender:
    - 1 Scoop of whey
    - 1 Bananna

Is this good?

Post workout:
    - 1 scoop of whey + water

after the shake, I'll prepare a huge meal filled with protein + carbs + fat, etc.

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kidkurious View Post
    taken 15-30 minutes before the workout...

Mix with water in a shaker/blender:
    - 1 Scoop of whey
    - 1 Bananna

Is this good?

Post workout:
    - 1 scoop of whey + water

after the shake, I'll prepare a huge meal filled with protein + carbs + fat, etc.
    pre workut looks good, have some fast digesting carbs with the whey shake post workout, post workout is probably the most imortant time to have carbs to replenish muscles. depending on your weight, i would have alot of carbs from gatorade powder, dextrose, maltodextrin, white rice, white bread, begals, white potatoes etc then an hour after this shake have a solid meal of protein, complex carbs and some healthy fat. read the workout nutrition sticky at the top of the page.
    Last edited by djansen; 05-14-2007 at 11:06 AM.
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thanks
    should I have another banana with my post workout?

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kidkurious View Post
    thanks
    should I have another banana with my post workout? or white bread?
    I would use the white bread, but it is up to you.

and i eat a slice of white bread right after I drink the shake? or should I have 2 slices?

Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Never heard of having white bread and potato chips post workout. Potato chips contain fat which slow down digestion and absorption. My post workout shake consists of 1 cup of oats, 2 scoops of whey, 4 strawberries, handful of blueberries, and a scoop of dextrose.

Originally Posted by Foreigner View Post
    Never heard of having white bread and potato chips post workout. Potato chips contain fat which slow down digestion and absorption. My post workout shake consists of 1 cup of oats, 2 scoops of whey, 4 strawberries, handful of blueberries, and a scoop of dextrose.
    I never said potato chips, white baked potatoes

and to the original poster, you cold mix it up, have 2 slices white bread and a banana or rice cakes whatever. this should be your highest carb meal of the day, more carbs than you post workout meal.

Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by djansen View Post
    I never said potato chips, white baked potatoes

and to the original poster, you cold mix it up, have 2 slices white bread and a banana or rice cakes whatever. this should be your highest carb meal of the day, more carbs than you post workout meal.
    Oh my bad, white baked potatoes, that makes sense. Is there any reason your going for white vs whole wheat? Just curious...

Originally Posted by Foreigner View Post
    Oh my bad, white baked potatoes, that makes sense. Is there any reason your going for white vs whole wheat? Just curious...
    Sure, no problem
    I say white over whole wheat because while most people think white bread is the devil all it lacks is fiber which slows digestion and that is something you dont want pwo. as far as the nutrients go, though it is processed most companies enrich it and it has just as many if not more nutrients than whole wheat bread. so any other time of the day whole wheat is best but pwo to replenish muslces fast, white bread is king.

I see, I usally stick to fruits post workout. Bannana, strawberries, and blueberries + 1 cup of oats. I think i'm getting the best of both, simple and complex. Faster and slower digesting.