NazarOps is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Building muscle and manual labour

How hard is it to build muscle while doing manual labour? Right now I'm working as a machine operator. It's not that strenuous like construction maybe but I walk a lot and average 10k steps a day and lift some boxes here and there at the job that aren't heavy. I should eat a lot more to compensate for my calorie expenditure but I wonder if my job is affecting my muscle gains in some way except the increased calorie expenditure.

Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Track your weight gain by weighing yourself daily for 2-3 weeks while on the job & take an average every week. Instead of 300 over maintenance, try 500. If you're not gaining at your desired rate, increase it. I have to walk to my gym which is about 50 minutes either way so during my bulk, I had to compensate for the expenditure. It can be a bit tricky but you'll get a good idea of your calories required eventually.
    Currently cutting.

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    10K steps is not a lot really... It seems to be pretty normal for any job that isn't sedentary. I'm a teacher and I get roughly 10-12k steps a day.

Blue collar guys tend to over-estimate their daily calorie expenditure (not all, but many Americans do).

With that, you should be able to get by a pretty conservative calorie count.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

oliverdavid1 is not very well liked. (-100) oliverdavid1 is not very well liked. (-100) oliverdavid1 is not very well liked. (-100) oliverdavid1 is not very well liked. (-100) oliverdavid1 is not very well liked. (-100) oliverdavid1 is not very well liked. (-100) oliverdavid1 is not very well liked. (-100) oliverdavid1 is not very well liked. (-100) oliverdavid1 is not very well liked. (-100) oliverdavid1 is not very well liked. (-100) oliverdavid1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Manual labor involves repetitive movements and uses different muscle groups than those targeted by traditional weightlifting exercises. Depending on the nature of the work, manual labor can help improve muscular endurance and even stimulate muscle growth. For example, construction workers, farmers, and warehouse workers often develop strength and endurance in their arms, back, and legs from performing heavy lifting, carrying, and pushing.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Who is this Manuel Labour? Will he do landscaping, painting or roofing at my house?
    Funished renal hoses in offeyvile Kanas for traveing wokers

itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100)
    It is definitely possible to build muscle while doing manual labor, but it may be more challenging than if you had a sedentary job. The increased calorie expenditure from your job may make it more difficult to consume enough calories to support muscle growth, and the physical demands of your job may also interfere with your ability to recover from weightlifting workouts.

To maximize your muscle gains, you will need to make sure that you are eating enough calories to support muscle growth and allowing yourself sufficient rest and recovery time between workouts. You may also need to adjust your weightlifting routine to account for the physical demands of your job, such as reducing the volume or intensity of your workouts to prevent overtraining.