Thread: Boxing gear

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Boxing gear

Recently got my kids into boxing and they're really taking to it. I'd like to add a heavy bag, speed bag and a double end striking bag.

Anyone here with recommendations for brand, mounting, etc.

Heavy bag: May get two (100 lb for me and 50 or 70 lb bag for kids). Was thinking mounting it to the ceiling however my garage ceiling is finished so a stand/arm with good clearance is preferred. Don't want to get one with limited space around it since I'm working with them on good footwork, moving jabs, pivots, etc and want good clearance around the bag

Speed bag: would love to find one that can adjust up and down easily since there is about 16" difference between me and my youngest. Can build out a platform if necessary. My 10 year old is getting close to my height so I may need to adjust it lower for myself in the next few years.

Double ended bag: Probably hook the top to my rack pull up bar so this set up can be pretty simple.

Any feedback would be great. Budget isn't a concern but I don't like spending more unless quality is much better.
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's really cool that your kids are getting into boxing. You might get some responses if you try posting in Misc, though whether you'll receive constructive replies is a crapshoot.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Off the cuff, I'd look at Title, TKO, Outslayer, Ringside and Fairtex for heavy bags. Genuine leather is generally better than synthetic, but synthetic has come a long way. If you want a double-mount, most or all of those companies probably make one as a Muay Thai bag. As for mounting, I would go with a track mount, ideally. If that doesn't work for you, then go for the stand.

My personal bag is a Title genuine leather w/ gel layer, 150 lbs. It's mounted to a steel I-beam in my basement via a (~$40) Harbor Freight I-beam trolley. I would have liked a trolley with locks, but I wasn't about to spend $200 on a mount when my martial arts interest is only casual at this point in my life.

oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've never had any kind of boxing training but for years I've hit an 80# canvas bag I bought someplace. Couple years ago I picked up a 100# leather Ringside off Craigslist and I do like the added weight. Didn't like the way it rocked until I got it up high enough that my jabs were landing about a quarter of the way down from the top. I have it hanging from a Balazs ceiling mount.

You mentioned a smaller bag for your sons. I have a Title 'big bang' uppercut bag hanging next to the heavy bag. This allows me some variation in my routine and maybe that bag would be light enough the boys.

Keep your eye on CL. My heavy bag, Balazs ceiling mounts (2) and a Balazs speed bag platform all came of CL or eBay.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #67 ()---()

oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Here's a pic of the two bags. My jabs are hitting close to the middle and I need to lower the bag four or five inches. Moved things around when I put insulation and sheetrock up.

Attached Images
    ()---() York Barbell Club #67 ()---()

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I had a Title heavy bag and an I-beam mount from them, overall was pretty good quality for the money. Not much of a boxer, just hit it occasionally for some indoor cardio. I don't have it anymore. I also had a set of their heavy bag gloves and wrist wraps.