mattjean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb I made a new meal plan to LOSE fat and GAIN muscle.. Thoughts????

Hello and thanks for checking out my post!
    I made a new meal plan on myfitnesspal and I was hoping someone with experience could review it and tell me if it's worth starting.
    I'm a Male 27yr old, 184lbs, 5'9 and my fitness goals are to get to 170lbs, lose belly fat and gain muscle. I'm also currently doing a workout program by fitness blender 5 days a week.
    What do we think about the macros and nutrition does it look balanced out? I tried my hardest to reduce fat and increase protein staying within the 1900 calories range, and picked foods I actually enjoy. Please let me know if I can tweak something or if you like it go ahead and feel free to use!

Any advice is appreciated
    Thanks!!!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by mattjean; 01-08-2021 at 11:18 AM.

cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your fats are low, you should be consuming .45 g per pound of BW

Originally Posted by cmacken View Post
    Your fats are low, you should be consuming .45 g per pound of BW

Thanks for the response. My goal was to create a low fat diet. I am trying to burn fat and not consume so much. What's the worst that can happen?

XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mattjean View Post
    Thanks for the response. My goal was to create a low fat diet. I am trying to burn fat and not consume so much. What's the worst that can happen?
    It can lower your T much like not sleeping enough. Read the stickies. You are maybe fine at 50 grams of fat but not reason not trade 100 Cals in carbs for fat as simple as dumping a potato or apple for a small handful of nuts.

Personally i did well on lower than recommended fat for a few weeks but then it started to hit me its cumulative so in my experience it wont hit you for a few weeks but its not that hard to eat just a little more fat. I just made the averages right so I eat leaner than 60 grams most days but others ill go get a fast food fat bomb to even it out a bit.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mattjean View Post
    Short term, probably nothing to worry about. Long term, that could actually give you some health issues. Many of your internal organs' proper functioning depends on a minimum threshold of dietary fat, as does your endocrine system.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Registered User readreindeer666's Avatar
    readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't be afraid to go down to even 1500 calories some days to burn extra fat, no way you'll lose muscle

Originally Posted by XinXom View Post
    It can lower your T much like not sleeping enough. Read the stickies. You are maybe fine at 50 grams of fat but not reason not trade 100 Cals in carbs for fat as simple as dumping a potato or apple for a small handful of nuts.

Personally i did well on lower than recommended fat for a few weeks but then it started to hit me its cumulative so in my experience it wont hit you for a few weeks but its not that hard to eat just a little more fat. I just made the averages right so I eat leaner than 60 grams most days but others ill go get a fast food fat bomb to even it out a bit.
    Thank you guys. I love my sleep so I'll definitely take your advice! I just raised my fats to 53g by adding some almond butter to my oatmeal breakfast. I'm still short under 2k calories and that's my main goal, not to surpass my calories.

Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you're looking to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, I'd aim more towards maintenance level calorie intake instead of dropped off so much. Go slow and steady. I'm in the same boat trying to get to 172 lbs. I originally weighed over 200 pounds 7 months ago. These last few have been an uphill battle. Lol. I'm 5'10, 33 years old, and 174 pounds. I consume around 2300 a day and been dropping maybe .25 to .50 lbs a week.
    Progress, not perfection. One day at a time.

Current Workout Program: Upper / Low

Current Supplements: Redcon1's Grunt, Total War, and Big Noise. Dymatize Fruity Pebbles. Fish Oil and Walmart Brand Multi-Vitamin.

Part-Time Manager of a Small Town Gym!

Originally Posted by Zschnack87 View Post
    If you're looking to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, I'd aim more towards maintenance level calorie intake instead of dropped off so much. Go slow and steady. I'm in the same boat trying to get to 172 lbs. I originally weighed over 200 pounds 7 months ago. These last few have been an uphill battle. Lol. I'm 5'10, 33 years old, and 174 pounds. I consume around 2300 a day and been dropping maybe .25 to .50 lbs a week.
    Hey Zschnack87 thanks for the response! That's impressive going from 200 to 174 in 7 months. I've been skinny most of my life and at the beginning of 2020 I was 143 pounds and wanted to put on weight. I went on this bulk meal plan consuming roughly about 2900 calories a day and made it here to 184. Although I've gained body mass and some muscle as I also mixed workouts with my meal plan, I've reached a point where I feel I need to cut back and lose some of the body fat. Right now I want to scale back my calories short term and go hard on my workouts to decrease body fat, working my way to a more stable meal plan. I achieved growing my arms and legs during bulking, however, my stomach seems to be an ongoing issue, and I think a major contributor is my body fat percentage (and lack of ab exercises) lol