GreentToad is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Protein 0.7 vs 1.5

Just read mr pb’s post. And I’m also reading on Jim Stoopanis shortcut to size.

Both seem similar in carbs / fat.

Jim recommends 1.5 / lb. Sticky recommends 0.7 , that’s quite a jump.

I’m 135 lbs 168cm, 30 years old, lean bulking. My TDEE according to calculators is 2300. 13-14% bf

Using Jim’s that would be 200g of protein. Using sticky that’s 91.

What do you guys recommend ?

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sticky advice as Jim Stoppani is a salesmen who would sell his mother for a extra dollar.

https://examine.com/nutrition/how-mu...need/#summary3

https://mennohenselmans.com/the-myth...-bodybuilders/

Here is some links explaining the science behind the amount.

Absolutely love those links, thanks chief. I’ll stick to stickys!

Just to confirm, that will mean, I’ll up my carbs? I love my carbs!

So 0.7 /lb protein. 0.4-5 / lb fat and the rest goes to carbs / random?

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GreentToad View Post
    Absolutely love those links, thanks chief. I’ll stick to stickys!

Just to confirm, that will mean, I’ll up my carbs? I love my carbs!

So 0.7 /lb protein. 0.4-5 / lb fat and the rest goes to carbs / random?
    Are you cutting or bulking as some more protein may help retain lean mass if cutting. The protein and fats are just minimums you are more then welcome to eat more its not a restrictive amount gives you more freedom with food choices as long as you hit the minimums most of the time.

The odd day here and there not hitting the minimum macros will make no difference in the long run (although hitting protein has the most benefit). Remember though calories are the major factor for weight changes not macros they control lean mass, hormones and energy levels.

Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    Are you cutting or bulking as some more protein may help retain lean mass if cutting. The protein and fats are just minimums you are more then welcome to eat more its not a restrictive amount gives you more freedom with food choices as long as you hit the minimums most of the time.

The odd day here and there not hitting the minimum macros will make no difference in the long run (although hitting protein has the most benefit). Remember though calories are the major factor for weight changes not macros they control lean mass, hormones and energy levels.
    I’m about to start bulking for the first time today. Yeah I’ll get the minimum requirement mentioned above and then just go random for the other Cals.

Originally Posted by GreentToad View Post
    I’m about to start bulking for the first time today. Yeah I’ll get the minimum requirement mentioned above and then just go random for the other Cals.
    Yep that is fine then. Your caloric surplus should be around 300-500 calories above your TDEE maintenance. So basically 1-2lbs a month this depends on your weight training experience but generally aiming on the lower end will ensure less chance of gaining fat.

Adjust calories as you go if after 2 weeks no weight increase up calories by another 200.

Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    Sticky advice as Jim Stoppani is a salesmen who would sell his mother for a extra dollar.
    MrPB is trying to educate you with science.

Jim want's your money.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The higher end while cutting and the lower end while bulking. While cutting, a bit more is advantageous for sparing muscle, providing satiety and the higher TEF can't be discounted. 1.5 is a bit high however if you like protein for the above reasons then there is no harm as long as you're getting your fats in also.. Bulking you're not worried about the satiety or TEF and extra carbs in place of extra protein will give you better training energy.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB