robdmb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ironmaster IM2000 - Thoughts?

Hi,

Looking to pick up a compact rack/machine for my home. Just interested in general fitness/toning to supplement cardio for a home gym. Came across the Ironmaster IM2000 - already have a SuperBench and Powerblock Dumbbells that I can use too. I know Smith machines are somewhat disfavored but what are the thoughts on this machine? Thought maybe this machine would be good for versatility - when lifting alone. I also like that it has upper and lower cable pulleys (which a lot of racks seem not to have). Also, if I want to use a free bar in future you can buy bar hooks and spotting arms for the unit.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Never owned or used one but i have no doubt the quality is top notch for residential equipment. I dont have the distaste for the smith that some others have I think it it has it purpose. 1) If you dont need an enclosed power rack that can support a 9 ton static load like most home gym owners 2) you think you will benefit from a smith machine 3) you are looking for a multi-function unit to keep your total real estate usage down; then I think the IM2000 is a good option to look at with the smith/squat rack/high low pulleys/weight storage. Some may suggest the Monster G6 but you may not want to drop 4K. For what you spend on the IM can you piece together multiple pieces of equipment off CL that will accomplish the same thing? Maybe maybe not depending on your area, your ability to haul and dis-asemble/re-assemble, and your patience waiting for the right deal on something that may not be exactly what you are looking for. But with the IM you have one click of the mouse delivered to your door and you already know what to expect before it arrives. I am not aware of any other machine in the same quality or price range with as many features. If you have the disposable funds - and think a smith machine is something you will use on a regular basis - then i say go for it. Otherwise get yourself a squat rack or power rack and a lat pulldown attachment and save a few hundred dollars. Remember money is only well spent or wasted if its well spent or wasted based on your individual standards take what everyone says with a grain of salt and make the decision that is most reasonable to you. Everything on Ironmaster will be 15% off in the next day or two watch for it.
    Last edited by yohahn; 11-27-2019 at 09:55 AM. Reason: spelling and stuff

Thanks for feedback!

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The IM2000 is ridiculously smooth for a plastic bush type smith machine.

Whether or not you should devote precious real estate to one is a decision only you can make.

Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    The IM2000 is ridiculously smooth for a plastic bush type smith machine.

Whether or not you should devote precious real estate to one is a decision only you can make.
    Do you have one?

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    if your going to buy one, today is the day with their 15% off deal. I've always heard good things about the IM2000. Although I think its a bit pricey-but I like the fact that you can use it for free standing weights too-sort of like a half rack and add items like pull up bars etc. So it makes the piece more usable instead of just being a smith machine.
    I may still pick up one someday. Either this or the series 7 Body solid. But as I stated, I think the Im2000 gives you more variety and the footprint is smaller.

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by robdmb View Post
    Do you have one?
    No, but i have used one.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For an upper level residential home gym setup, I think the IM2000 is tough to beat if you decide to go this route (perhaps the only thing missing on it is full rack capability).

In general I dislike smith machines (in my opinion, even the commercial grade ones due to their restricted vertical machine pattern feel un-natural)...

However, since this setup gives you free weight half rack capability with the option to use a barbell off the hooks and to add safety spotter arms, plus an upper and lower cable pulley option at a 1:1 pulling ratio (which means you get the same resistance as the actual weight loaded on the pulleys), you absolutely can't go wrong with this piece for an all in one system for the price.

I'm totally satisfied with my custom home gym setup, but if I decided to stay in the upper residential quality realm, then getting mostly every feature you could possibly want with this would be a great offer and I would definitely use the built in smith feature included for minor high volume secondary movements personally (the whole system is almost tempting to get just as an all in one secondary piece alone lol).

Good luck with whichever setup you decide on and if you do choose the IM2000 you certainly can't go wrong with it.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 12-01-2019 at 06:57 PM.