dawidszk is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Weight Loss Journey | Looking for advice

Hey guys, I don't know if it belongs in this thread but I try to lose weight.

Current physique:

Male
    17 years old
    ~300lbs
    6'3/193 cm

I would describe myself as "pretty fit" for my high weight. I am currently consuming about 2000kcal which were calculated by MyFitnessPal.
    I am also biking daily for 1-2 hours and doing Intermittent Fasting(16/8). I can sustain this diet pretty easily and am not starving as somebody might expect.
    My diet mostly consists of whole foods like veggies, noodles, potatoes, fruits and lean protein.

Do you have any tips for me to stay on track and to improve my weight loss?

Some questions:

Should I start weight training?How to combine it with my Cardio?
    Should I exclude diet soda from my diet or could I drink it while having a meal?
    Some tips on how to prevent binge eating?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yes, you should weight train. At 300lbs it's not as important as it would be for someone leaner but I would get into the habit now and gain some strength.

Just do a novice routine like Fierce 5. If you want, do some cardio on 1 or 2 other days.

No need to exclude diet soda.

Stick to foods that don't trigger your appetite. I personally can't have "just a little" of something like chocolate or potato chips because I always want lots more afterwards.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Yes, you should weight train. At 300lbs it's not as important as it would be for someone leaner but I would get into the habit now and gain some strength.

Just do a novice routine like Fierce 5. If you want, do some cardio on 1 or 2 other days.

No need to exclude diet soda.

Stick to foods that don't trigger your appetite. I personally can't have "just a little" of something like chocolate or potato chips because I always want lots more afterwards.
    That is my issue too, if I eat something sweet I end up in a binge and that's what often hinders my results. Thanks for your advice!

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Stick to that diet for a month and review the weight loss (or lack of it) at that point. There's no way to tell if you're on the right track until you see the actual outcome after awhile. Diet soda is fine as it has no calories. It's best to stay away from as many processed carbs as possible due to their low satiation rate and the high calorie amount. This will include things like cookies, pasta, etc.

You should ALWAYS be weight training.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Stick to that diet for a month and review the weight loss (or lack of it) at that point. There's no way to tell if you're on the right track until you see the actual outcome after awhile. Diet soda is fine as it has no calories. It's best to stay away from as many processed carbs as possible due to their low satiation rate and the high calorie amount. This will include things like cookies, pasta, etc.

You should ALWAYS be weight training.
    Thank you!