Jeff Roy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Behind the back cable press downs...what the???

I am doing the Max-OT training right now, and one of the excercises for the triceps is the "behind the back cable press down". Me and my buddy tried them out and not only was it awkward, but i didnt feel anything at all. I used a good amount of weight also...as much as I could do at least. Can anyone tell me if htis excercise actually works, maybe i am just doing it wrong. Also what would be a good alternate excerise for this? The routine has me doing skullcrushers and regular cable press downs, so count those out.

Vintage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vintage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vintage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vintage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vintage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vintage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vintage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vintage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vintage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vintage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vintage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    lol that routine sucks

Slucha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slucha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slucha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slucha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slucha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slucha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slucha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slucha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slucha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slucha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slucha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Close Grip Bench Presses
    Dips

And MAX-OT is excellent as long as your joints and tendons can take the stress.
    ++it's what happens when Alex Trebek has a picture of a giraffe in his ass...during an earthquake++

Consistency + Knowledge BodySculpting's Avatar
    BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Jeff Roy
    I am doing the Max-OT training right now, and one of the excercises for the triceps is the "behind the back cable press down". Me and my buddy tried them out and not only was it awkward, but i didnt feel anything at all. I used a good amount of weight also...as much as I could do at least. Can anyone tell me if htis excercise actually works, maybe i am just doing it wrong. Also what would be a good alternate excerise for this? The routine has me doing skullcrushers and regular cable press downs, so count those out.
    I've heard great things about the Max-OT training program. However, the problem with these weird long named exercises is that they are, for the most part, unecessary. Stick to basic movements.
    "The only way out of hell, is through it. "

Im done with my first week of max-ot and maybe its cause i took a week off in advance, but i was sore all week. my bis were sore most of the week and my hams are still sore from a few days ago. The routine seems pretty good, well some months seem okay, some seem ****ty...but im only doing the ones I thought looked good. I think ill skip the behind the back press downs in favor of close grip bench or overhead dumbbell presses.

Whadya think?

bizzzumple

SM373 is just really nice. (+1000) SM373 is just really nice. (+1000) SM373 is just really nice. (+1000) SM373 is just really nice. (+1000) SM373 is just really nice. (+1000) SM373 is just really nice. (+1000) SM373 is just really nice. (+1000) SM373 is just really nice. (+1000) SM373 is just really nice. (+1000) SM373 is just really nice. (+1000) SM373 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do these all the time and have had great results with them, but with the rope attachment.

This is an exercise ATrainer recommends also.

Some people have problems doing this exercise because of their shoulder flexibility. If you have problems doing them, just do another exercise like CGBP or front pushdowns.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...hmentid=108388

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jeff Roy
    Bench Dips.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

mumtowandz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It works great if you set up properly and have great mind muscle connection. It’s an excellent movement mimicking a dipping motion without elbow and wrist discomfort(great if a standard dip upsets tennis elbow). You don’t see behind back version often being done properly, or at all, but I used it during recovery.