starsixseven1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How much fat and carbs should I have in my diet if I'm cutting

I did a macros calculator that told me it should look like this

CARBS: 175 G PER DAY.
    PROTEIN: 175 G PER DAY.
    FATS: 39 G PER DAY.

Does this seem like too much of a gap between carbs and fats? I was just reading about a fat burning hormone adiponectin, and how not eating enough fats could lower this hormone.

I'm 5'9, 216lbs, around 30% body fat, and my TDEE is 2,836. I work 5-6 days a week and stand for most of that time, which can span anywhere from 6-8 hours. Recently also started to lift things without anyones help, and noticed my muscles grow and my arms become more tight when I flex them.

but yeah, I've just been trying to do calculations of what my macros should look like for the past few hours, and I just keep reading different things.

I did calculations and I got

151 grams of protein
    86 grams of fat

however I'd like some advice on the carbs part

dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    .8g/lb protein and .4g/lb fat are the minimums, fill the rest as you want with c/f/p. Those first numbers seem to have come from bb.com's calculator which is absolutely terrible. For more info, read the sticky on the previous page about calculating cals and macros.

Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dams3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dipatel13 View Post
    .8g/lb protein and .4g/lb fat are the minimums, fill the rest as you want with c/f/p. Those first numbers seem to have come from bb.com's calculator which is absolutely terrible. For more info, read the sticky on the previous page about calculating cals and macros.
    for overweight people you should calculate with your lean mass and maybe eat a bit more than the results suggest

DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You could go as low as .35g of fat per lbs (research by Eric Helms).
    I personally prefer .4 grams of fat per LBS and 1 gram of protein per lbs.
    Fill the rest up with carbs or whatever~!
    - Slow progress, is progress.
    - Losing fat is a marathon, not a race.
    - Take care of your body, you've only got one.
    - Progressive overload + good form.