ericjohnfauno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dehydration or something else?

2 days ago, I was having an intense arm workout. About 2/3 of the way through, my arms seemed like they turned to jelly. Although my arms are usually pretty solid, they became soft and jiggly. I could squeeze my arm, and feel almost no muscle at all. There was no pain, just soft arms. Needless to say, I stopped my workout early. Even now, 2 days later my muscles are still much softer than normal, and I'm getting worried.

I had a doctors appointment yesterday (for an unrelated reason), and I asked my doctor about it. He said that it is probably dehydration, and my muscles aren't getting the nutrients they need. I tend to listen to the opinions of my doctor, as I'm sure he knows much more than I do about these things, but I'm not sure dehydration is the cause. Shortly before my arms started feeling like this, I was trying a lift I read about in which you use only your wrist. I think it may be a pinched nerve or something.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? I've only been lifting about a year, so I'm still learning about things like this. Could it really be dehydration, or does it sound like something else? What should I do to help get over this? I've worked hard to get my arms solid, and I'm worried that I have done some permanent damage and that they will be soft like this from now on.

SimerGrewal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SimerGrewal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SimerGrewal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SimerGrewal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SimerGrewal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SimerGrewal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SimerGrewal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SimerGrewal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SimerGrewal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SimerGrewal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SimerGrewal has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    is ur doc a physiotherapist ?? if not then consult with one .. n how much water do u drink in a day ??
    not sure but dont think its coz of dehydration coz i drink may b 3 liters or less .. and during workout i dont drink water .. in the end i drink about 250ml may b ... n m still good ...
    plus one more thing .. as u said u been lifting for about a year then i wud say just stick to basics why trying new things .. one should try new things but only when the old ones are less effective or u want to hit some particular muscle... i wud say go with basics .. make muscles n then go for detailing them