Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

breathing pattern for power clean

could someone please tell me briefly the breathing pattern of power cleans? Ive read how to perform the exercise on the exercise database but im a bit confussed.
    Is it first, squat down, grab barbell, push up as in deadlift, then push again up to neck, then lower down to deadlift position, and back to floor?
    Also, has the movement got to be very fast?or stopping briefly at each stage?
    thanks a lot, im incorporating this wonderful exercise to my routine, and i want to make sure i perform it correctly.

breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't know a lot about O-lifting but I know you don't stop at any time in a powerclean until it's on your shoulders.

DaveB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well, technically you're not pushing, you're pulling.

I only do hang cleans and I inhale while I'm holding it in starting position, then I exhale during the motion. Without even standing up to simulate it I'm gonna guess that I'd maybe exhale a little or hold for the first lift from the ground before exhaling as I generate the explosive speed.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by DaveB

I only do hang cleans and I inhale while I'm holding it in starting position, then I exhale during the motion. Without even standing up to simulate it I'm gonna guess that I'd maybe exhale a little or hold for the first lift from the ground before exhaling as I generate the explosive speed.
    bump...

lift hard, recover harder Iron Rain's Avatar
    Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Another bump. When I explode the bar up I always let out a "KA" sound with it.
    WriterParty.com - Start writing articles and making money for it, right now!

ATTENTION: bodybuilding and lifting articles wanted. Reps to anybody who contributes - if you write one or more, PM me and remind me that it's you.

DaveB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cool, I was right. I'm pretty new to this excercise. I like it so far. But let me ask a question of my own without starting a new thread.

Thing is, I've never trained with anyone that has done them, and such a technical excercise almost needs a coach... what can I do to make damn sure I'm doing them right? I worry that I'm not exploding or jumping enough, based on that BSU video.

I'm also curious about the distance between the ground and the hang starting position... I don't really start the explosive acceleration till the 2nd point anyway, right? So it's mostly just a bit of momentum in the beginning of the full motion? To be honest I like starting from the hang position better.

I feel like I'm doing it right but I still worry that I'm not. Anyone got that page with the 16 pics from the side, where you mouse over and it shows you the wrong position too? I searched but can't find it.

Lastly, I'm working with 135 tops... is this a fair weight for someone who deads 455, squats about the same, benches 350, militaries 185, shrugs as much as 315 (but prefers lighter weights)? Or should I be stronger than that? I'm still gonna stay at this weight till I am 100% sure I'm doing them right. So far I feel like I could handle more weight but worry that if I'm wrong I'd mess up my back or something... but I'm still curious about what a reasonable expectation might be. I see that one under armour commercial (Will you protect this HOUSE!) where the guy cleans 4 wheels a side, which is pretty damn impressive to me, but I don't actually know what good weight is.

lift hard, recover harder Iron Rain's Avatar
    Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You probably don't clean much cuz you're new to it, so unless you're POSITIVE that you have very good form I wouldn't worry about it. I clean around 200, and squat around 275, and dead 320.
    WriterParty.com - Start writing articles and making money for it, right now!

ATTENTION: bodybuilding and lifting articles wanted. Reps to anybody who contributes - if you write one or more, PM me and remind me that it's you.

Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    cool, I was right. I'm pretty new to this excercise. I like it so far. But let me ask a question of my own without starting a new thread.

Thing is, I've never trained with anyone that has done them, and such a technical excercise almost needs a coach... what can I do to make damn sure I'm doing them right? I worry that I'm not exploding or jumping enough, based on that BSU video.

I'm also curious about the distance between the ground and the hang starting position... I don't really start the explosive acceleration till the 2nd point anyway, right? So it's mostly just a bit of momentum in the beginning of the full motion? To be honest I like starting from the hang position better.

I feel like I'm doing it right but I still worry that I'm not. Anyone got that page with the 16 pics from the side, where you mouse over and it shows you the wrong position too? I searched but can't find it.

Lastly, I'm working with 135 tops... is this a fair weight for someone who deads 455, squats about the same, benches 350, militaries 185, shrugs as much as 315 (but prefers lighter weights)? Or should I be stronger than that? I'm still gonna stay at this weight till I am 100% sure I'm doing them right. So far I feel like I could handle more weight but worry that if I'm wrong I'd mess up my back or something... but I'm still curious about what a reasonable expectation might be. I see that one under armour commercial (Will you protect this HOUSE!) where the guy cleans 4 wheels a side, which is pretty damn impressive to me, but I don't actually know what good weight is.
    yeah, im quite worried about form in the exercise too