La_pantera will become famous soon enough. (+50) La_pantera will become famous soon enough. (+50) La_pantera will become famous soon enough. (+50) La_pantera will become famous soon enough. (+50) La_pantera will become famous soon enough. (+50) La_pantera will become famous soon enough. (+50) La_pantera will become famous soon enough. (+50) La_pantera will become famous soon enough. (+50) La_pantera will become famous soon enough. (+50) La_pantera will become famous soon enough. (+50) La_pantera will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Dave Palumbo's ketosis diet Pre-contest?

Hello guys

a lost brother need some help over here..
    not many days left until my diet starts and i was thinking to run dave palumbo's diet and this is how my diet looks what you think.

Meal 1 6 Omega-3 eggs

Meal 2 8 oz chicken 1/2 dl raw almonds

Meal 3 50g whey + 30g cashewnuts natural (1/4 dl)

Meal 4 8oz Tuna , 1dl asparagus with 1 tablespoon oliveoil

Meal 5 50 g whey + 30g cashewnuts natural

Meal 6 6 whole eggs

do you think it is the best opition to run for a pre-contest diet to maintaine and burn fat. seen result of people doing dave palumbos diet and i have to say its very impressive. i have tried it for last 3weeks in my diet last time and with great results thats why i will run it all the way to my competition.

but i have some fast questions that i hope you brothers can help me out with..

1. Can i use creatine without get kicked out of ketsois? i am currently running Dymatize Xpand and i just love it so i am wondering if i can keep taking it in my ketosis diet?
    1scoop dymatize xpand = 5g carbs
    dosage 1 scoop before and 1scoop after workout. = 10g carbs

2. I dont want to the eat the chicken without anything on it because it stucks i my mouth and its very hard to eat the chicken alone. any god idea of a very low carb sauce?

3. i have been doing a clean bulk since my last diet and should i start to lower the carbs before i start ketosis, i mean because now ex i am taking in 200-300g carbs ed isent it bad for the body to go from that amount to only maximum 30g carbs ed in one day? i mean the quick change!

4. how often can i drink a diet coke?

sorry if it is some stupid question just want to be 110% sure before i start my diet. i dont want to **** up my diet because i want to make the best of my diet so i can make it to the competition shredded and ripped.

I would appreciate all the answer i get very much and hope you put some time to help a brother out.

take care
    Last edited by La_pantera; 08-27-2007 at 04:25 PM.
    http://www.********.com/pages/King-Aziz/538651366165949?ref=hl

Like and follow my progress on ********

I shoot people like you.. The Director's Avatar
    The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    whats the calorie count and macro break down on that?

why not just add oil with the chicken instead of almonds? olive oil or something with the same amount of fat.

La_pantera will become famous soon enough. (+50) La_pantera will become famous soon enough. (+50) La_pantera will become famous soon enough. (+50) La_pantera will become famous soon enough. (+50) La_pantera will become famous soon enough. (+50) La_pantera will become famous soon enough. (+50) La_pantera will become famous soon enough. (+50) La_pantera will become famous soon enough. (+50) La_pantera will become famous soon enough. (+50) La_pantera will become famous soon enough. (+50) La_pantera will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Filmmakerr View Post
    whats the calorie count and macro break down on that?

why not just add oil with the chicken instead of almonds? olive oil or something with the same amount of fat.
    hmm will count the macro and the calorie intake tomorow now i am tired..

hmm but oil wont help so much... can i use 1% fat chesee?

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1. That will be fine.

2. Try putting it in a salad with flaxseed oil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar or maybe Louisiana Hot Sauce, butter and full fat ranch. Butter, Marsala wine and mushrooms can make for a very nice meal with the chicken too.

3. It's fine. Just get through the adaptation phase as fast as possible. No reason to stretch it out any longer than necessary.

4. As often as your body will allow.

I shoot people like you.. The Director's Avatar
    The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just calculated the first 3 meals, and its already about 1500, lol. I'm sure added up itll hit 3000-3200K.

if you can cut on that..man, you've got one heck of a metabolism.

Originally Posted by Atavis View Post
    1. That will be fine.

2. Try putting it in a salad with flaxseed oil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar or maybe Louisiana Hot Sauce, butter and full fat ranch. Butter, Marsala wine and mushrooms can make for a very nice meal with the chicken too.

3. It's fine. Just get through the adaptation phase as fast as possible. No reason to stretch it out any longer than necessary.

4. As often as your body will allow.
    thank you very much bro.. aprreciate your answer very much... just one more quetion you say it is fine on question nr.3 so its okej to go from high carb intake to a very low i only a day i mean the quick change?

Filmmakerr: yes i have a very fast metabolism when i bulk i eat up to 8.000 cals a day and have troubling gain weight... this diet aint about the cals it is a high protein, fat diet and you should play with the diet just stick to hit until you get stuck then you have to add more cardio thats it.

more comments would be very nice!

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by La_pantera View Post
    so its okej to go from high carb intake to a very low i only a day i mean the quick change?
    Yup. You may feel poorly for a day or so though as you deplete glycogen stores and your liver starts producing ketones. It will be a few days, typically 3, before you are in full ketone production and it can take 3-4 weeks before you are fully fat adapted.

After that, everytime you do a carb-up, you will be making a 1 day switch. I wouldn't worry about it.

Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hello guys

1. Can i use creatine without get kicked out of ketsois? i am currently running Dymatize Xpand and i just love it so i am wondering if i can keep taking it in my ketosis diet?

2. I dont want to the eat the chicken without anything on it because it stucks i my mouth and its very hard to eat the chicken alone. any god idea of a very low carb sauce?

3. i have been doing a clean bulk since my last diet and should i start to lower the carbs before i start ketosis, i mean because now ex i am taking in 200-300g carbs ed isent it bad for the body to go from that amount to only maximum 30g carbs ed in one day? i mean the quick change!

sorry if it is some stupid question just want to be 110% sure before i start my diet. i dont want to **** up my diet because i want to make the best of my diet so i can make it to the competition shredded and ripped.
    1. Yeah mate but it might be a good idea just to have it postworkout as 10g of carbs is quite a bit and as creatine isnt as effective without insulin spiked (which your postworkout dextrose will do)

2. Just suck it up candy ass

3. Nope. Sure youll feel the common negatives during the transition phase of your body adapting to use fat as its primary fuel but dropping it all in 1 day is nothing to worry about.

4. Your body responds differently to the sweetners (aspartme) in the diet coke, it kicks some people out while others stay in ketosis. Try it yourself, everyones body would react differently. That junk isnt that good anyway
    risk nothing, gain nothing

Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello guys

a lost brother need some help over here..
    not many days left until my diet starts and i was thinking to run dave palumbo's diet and this is how my diet looks what you think.

Meal 1 6 Omega-3 eggs

Meal 2 8 oz chicken 1/2 dl raw almonds

Meal 3 50g whey + 30g cashewnuts natural (1/4 dl)

Meal 4 8oz Tuna , 1dl asparagus with 1 tablespoon oliveoil

Meal 5 50 g whey + 30g cashewnuts natural

Meal 6 6 whole eggs

do you think it is the best opition to run for a pre-contest diet to maintaine and burn fat. seen result of people doing dave palumbos diet and i have to say its very impressive. i have tried it for last 3weeks in my diet last time and with great results thats why i will run it all the way to my competition.

but i have some fast questions that i hope you brothers can help me out with..

I would appreciate all the answer i get very much and hope you put some time to help a brother out.

take care
    The diet seems fine. You might be missing omega3's though : try adding some fatty fish or replacing tuna+almond by fatty fish alone. And i'd definitly add lot's of green veggies (both for fiber issues and for the micronutrients).

As for your questions :
    - you can take creatine, but not with sugar. The insulin spike is just not acceptable on this diet. Some use componds (like ALA) that mimic insulin instead and other think creatine on such a diet is just a waste.
    - There are plenty of low carb sauces... Some can be ordered through the net only but most are inany groceries. Even ketchup is made in low carb version lol. You can get fatty salad dressing too.
    - The quick change is drastic indeed. Some people prefer "easing" into the diet, but the quick change would definitly kick start ketosis, even if you should feel weird the first few days. Nothing dangerous though.
    - Diet coke should be avoided at first. For some people it's totally fine to drink some all the time, while others just don't tolerate it : the citric acid it contains seem to interfere with ketosis in certain individuals. You need to try and see if it kicks you out or not.

Originally Posted by Teacher77 View Post
    The diet seems fine. You might be missing omega3's though : try adding some fatty fish or replacing tuna+almond by fatty fish alone. And i'd definitly add lot's of green veggies (both for fiber issues and for the micronutrients).

As for your questions :
    - you can take creatine, but not with sugar. The insulin spike is just not acceptable on this diet. Some use componds (like ALA) that mimic insulin instead and other think creatine on such a diet is just a waste.
    - There are plenty of low carb sauces... Some can be ordered through the net only but most are inany groceries. Even ketchup is made in low carb version lol. You can get fatty salad dressing too.
    - The quick change is drastic indeed. Some people prefer "easing" into the diet, but the quick change would definitly kick start ketosis, even if you should feel weird the first few days. Nothing dangerous though.
    - Diet coke should be avoided at first. For some people it's totally fine to drink some all the time, while others just don't tolerate it : the citric acid it contains seem to interfere with ketosis in certain individuals. You need to try and see if it kicks you out or not.
    okej thanks ill check it up tomorow

okej i did write it wrong meal 2 its not raw almonds i will use 1tbsp oliveoil instead.. thanks bro for all the answers its very aprreciated... and everyone else thanks for the help...

1. so you think i should skip the creatine or you mean go by a creatine with no sugar?

2. some people say that it isent any diffrence between omega-3 eggs and usuall eggs.. is it correct?

3. is fatty fish better then tuna you think.. i can change it for Macrill it calls here in sweden. fatty fish. what you think?

hope you can answer this questions to then it would be great!

builtness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Pantera. how did this diet workout for you??? I'm going to start this Monday, I'm 5 10 215 lbs, My goal is 190 ripped.

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by builtness View Post
    Pantera. how did this diet workout for you??? I'm going to start this Monday, I'm 5 10 215 lbs, My goal is 190 ripped.
    Last Forum Post: Jan 12, 2008 4:26am
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

dazraf26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dazraf26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dazraf26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dazraf26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dazraf26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dazraf26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dazraf26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dazraf26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dazraf26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dazraf26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dazraf26 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by builtness View Post
    Thats funny, I was just wondering the same thing. I am also 5'10 215 and have a goal of 190 ripped. I am fallowing a keto diet and couldn't figure out if the Palumbo diet was actually a keto diet or not.

How does a normal keto diet differ from the Dave P Diet? Dont mean to hijack the thread btw

wildcat2222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildcat2222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildcat2222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildcat2222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildcat2222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildcat2222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildcat2222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildcat2222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildcat2222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildcat2222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildcat2222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Daves diet

I followed Daves diet last year for the Northamerican Bodybuilding championships and was in the best shape of my life. If you have questions he has the diet posted on Muscular Development .com you can write him and ask questions he will get back to you!Everyone I know that has followed it has had amazing results.

sbmarti2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbmarti2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbmarti2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbmarti2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbmarti2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbmarti2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbmarti2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbmarti2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbmarti2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbmarti2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbmarti2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This diet differs from normal keto mainly in the way that it is high protein and moderate fat, rather than high fat and moderate protein.

Definitely switch to a fatty fish.

Creatine may be iffy as it is a lot of carbs, as I think Dave recommends between 30-40 grams of carbs per day (may be wrong on that). You'd need to avoid the insulin spike though, as this diet avoids that.

And yes, as you said, the total calorie amount doesn't really matter as it is all about getting your body in ketosis.

Also, use Low intensity cardio instead of high intensity, to burn fat instead of muscle.

Good luck!

alexsanabria921 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexsanabria921 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexsanabria921 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexsanabria921 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexsanabria921 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexsanabria921 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexsanabria921 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexsanabria921 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexsanabria921 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexsanabria921 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexsanabria921 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Great info!

eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mourning Tide View Post
    4. Your body responds differently to the sweetners (aspartme) in the diet coke, it kicks some people out while others stay in ketosis. Try it yourself, everyones body would react differently. That junk isnt that good anyway
    do you guys measure your ketones??

why does the citric acid react anyway?
    there is no acid in the krebs cycle i thought?