Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MHKhan17 is not very helpful. (-500) MHKhan17 is not very helpful. (-500) MHKhan17 is not very helpful. (-500) MHKhan17 is not very helpful. (-500) MHKhan17 is not very helpful. (-500) MHKhan17 is not very helpful. (-500) MHKhan17 is not very helpful. (-500) MHKhan17 is not very helpful. (-500) MHKhan17 is not very helpful. (-500) MHKhan17 is not very helpful. (-500) MHKhan17 is not very helpful. (-500)

Heavy squats everyday

Have you guys had any success maxing out on squats everyday? Just curoius as I recently read about Broz's training methods

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...uats_every_day

jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Started this about 3 weeks ago... I try to alternate between front squat and backsquat everyday.
    It's a bit hard on the knees and back, but so far I've added about 35lbs to my Back Squat PR and 50lbs on my Front Squat PR
    Never had that much energy before... Feels like my recovery has never been that great before!
    But you have to take in consideration when he says : "a new PR for THAT day"
    Never try a new PR 5 days in a row or it will only go down and you'll kill your back...

Anyway, best method for improving my squat up to date!

SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    some people stilll question this method since Pat still hasn't done a usaw competition
    ***Georgia Crew***

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I did it for 2 months

I backsquatted 7x a week and front squatted between 2-6x a week.

Back squat went nowhere, remained pretty much static.

Front squat PR went from 100 (admittedly prob not a true max) to 165 (kilos)

Technique went great, never really felt too worn down... the only issue was eventually squatting every day made me not care about squatting anymore. I'd have 200 on the bar and say 'whatever, if I fail it its no big deal, I'll just do it tomorrow' and it made it really hard for me to get excited or pumped up. I'd be falling asleep with 95% on the bar

Overall, it was an awesomely fun experience though
    Last edited by Torrtrefireto; 07-03-2011 at 08:29 AM.
    771/645/622 Single Ply

Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    You'll be needing

and

BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    f your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not

roids and 3 back to back to back runs of smolov meso.

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BongoBanger View Post
    f your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not

I think I'd go 3x a week if that were the case

And I'd invest in a lot of drugs.

But I did squat 7x a week with mild success (a few beltless pr's and a bunch of front squat pr's) without drugs
    771/645/622 Single Ply

BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Torrtrefireto View Post
    I think I'd go 3x a week if that were the case

And I'd invest in a lot of drugs.

But I did squat 7x a week with mild success (a few beltless pr's and a bunch of front squat pr's) without drugs
    i might start something like this in the near future.

when he says 1 rm, are they trying to set new prs each day? or are they just working up to the max that they can do that day? " They've been known to stray from the routine and perform up to 50 max attempts on a particular lift such as the snatch before calling it a day."

- I must be missing something

kinfolk321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kinfolk321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kinfolk321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kinfolk321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kinfolk321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kinfolk321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kinfolk321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kinfolk321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kinfolk321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kinfolk321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kinfolk321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did the Broz method for about a month and half, it worked in the sense that I put about 40 pounds on my squat PR, but I also developed quad tendonitis which gon take months to recover. I could still squat PRs with the quad tendonitis, but it's a bitch to walk upstairs and jump. I think Broz said he gets knee pains, but he just pop some pain killers and tough it up.
    I think for regular people, it could work if you wanna switch it up a bit and do it for a week. As a long term thing, I don't know. Your body might eventually get used to it, but I guess I was too pusssy to find out.

skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MHKhan17 View Post
    Have you guys had any success maxing out on squats everyday? Just curoius as I recently read about Broz's training methods

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...uats_every_day
    i don't max out every day, but i'll hit 92-95%. i squat 6 days a week, alternating front and back. every 2 weeks, i'll hit PR and go from there. it was hard doing that at first because i worried about my knees but my knees handle it far better than i thought. when i first started oly lifting, i got mild tendonitis in my knees, that's why i worried.

PhD in Broscience crackyflipside's Avatar
    crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You'll get huge gains in your front squat, medium gains on your snatch and back squat, less gains on your clean and jerk. I did his program for a while and saw good gains from it but more importantly it taught me a lot about my own limits as an Oly lifter.
    Olympic Weightlifting: Cuban Method
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=703396581

Snatch: 97kg
    Clean and jerk: 120kg
    Front squat 160kg
    Back squat: 170kg

ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by SPFjudge View Post
    some people stilll question this method since Pat still hasn't done a usaw competition
    That's because most people are idiots. Most POWERLIFTERS are idiots.

Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wanted to try this method, but knowing most of the athletes doing it are not natural has changed my mind. At least for now.

JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Squatting every day will injure heaps of people.
    Powerlifting log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172662011&page=1

jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by skuraishi View Post
    i don't max out every day, but i'll hit 92-95%. i squat 6 days a week, alternating front and back. every 2 weeks, i'll hit PR and go from there. it was hard doing that at first because i worried about my knees but my knees handle it far better than i thought. when i first started oly lifting, i got mild tendonitis in my knees, that's why i worried.
    Yes, it's true! But I also found out that the warmup sets are more important than ever while training like this! If I don't do it properly, I might do my work set with a little pain in the knee and that sucks hard (but still work tho...)
    But, when you're warmed, everything goes well without pain

Originally Posted by crackyflipside View Post
    You'll get huge gains in your front squat, medium gains on your snatch and back squat, less gains on your clean and jerk. I did his program for a while and saw good gains from it but more importantly it taught me a lot about my own limits as an Oly lifter.
    I agree at 100%
    At first I would Clean and Jerk everyday too, but I found out 1 day on 2 would give me far better results!

slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i might start something like this in the near future.

when he says 1 rm, are they trying to set new prs each day? or are they just working up to the max that they can do that day? " They've been known to stray from the routine and perform up to 50 max attempts on a particular lift such as the snatch before calling it a day."

- I must be missing something
    you work up to as heavy as you can go that day. For squats it may mean missing a lift, for snatch and clean & jerk its when technique breaks down, or you're missing the lift.

You have to keep in mind that you are not going to hit your PR every day, but the goal is to go as heavy as you can.

To start something like this, I would begin going to 90%-max on M,W,F and then squatting lighter on the in between days. Gradually you can bring up the in between days to max days also. The whole time, the intensity will be high, but volume is low. imo, you do tend to feel better with less soreness day-to-day from squatting every day.

Keep in mind all of this is the high bar squats, which are much less taxing than a powerlifting style squat.

[edit] also keep in mind that t-nation embellishes their articles, so "50 attempts" may only be something like "5 attempts".
    Misc Strength Crew
    Russian Program Weightlifting log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=707588271

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JiP View Post
    Squatting every day will injure heaps of people.

partially because they try to jump from 1-2x squatting to all of a sudden maxing 6x per week. They try to do it in one step as opposed to building up to that level

They should take some good advice like this:
    Originally Posted by slowman41
    To start something like this, I would begin going to 90%-max on M,W,F and then squatting lighter on the in between days. Gradually you can bring up the in between days to max days also. The whole time, the intensity will be high, but volume is low.

-------------

This is how Leonid Tarenenko described his training in an interview:

"I train six days per week: three-times per day for three days, for a total of six (6) hours per day and twice-a-day, for the other three days, for a total of four (4) hours each day."

and....

"The back squat is the most important strength exercise. I usually squat every day, sometimes more than once-a-day. My best back squat is 380 kg (837 lbs). But this is with a two-second pause at the bottom.'

But obviously he didnt START off training like that. It took him years to reach that volume etc. In some of the Russian weightlifting manuals it says they would increase volume for like the first 6 years of training
    "Humility comes before honor"

JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
    partially because they try to jump from 1-2x squatting to all of a sudden maxing 6x per week. They try to do it in one step as opposed to building up to that level

-------------

"I train six days per week: three-times per day for three days, for a total of six (6) hours per day and twice-a-day, for the other three days, for a total of four (4) hours each day."

and....

"The back squat is the most important strength exercise. I usually squat every day, sometimes more than once-a-day. My best back squat is 380 kg (837 lbs). But this is with a two-second pause at the bottom.'

But obviously he didnt START off training like that. It took him years to reach that volume etc. In some of the Russian weightlifting manuals it says they would increase volume for like the first 6 years of training
    Yeah that's what i was trying to get at, people think they can just jump into this like they're straight up copying a template or something lol. Just another bandwagon for people to get excited about and jump on without really understanding the principles behind it.
    Powerlifting log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172662011&page=1

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JiP
    Yeah that's what i was trying to get at, people think they can just jump into this like they're straight up copying a template or something lol. Just another bandwagon for people to get excited about and jump on without really understanding the principles behind it.
    yeah, then they say "it doesnt work." (and I agree, it might not be for everyone)

but its like a beginner runner who runs 2 miles twice a week. Then he decides to run a marathon so he ups it to 20 miles 4x per week. Then he wonders why he gets injured??

MadDogMalesh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MadDogMalesh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MadDogMalesh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MadDogMalesh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MadDogMalesh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MadDogMalesh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MadDogMalesh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MadDogMalesh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MadDogMalesh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MadDogMalesh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MadDogMalesh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

-------------

and....

Does that mean to say wouldn't? If so six years is a long time and I think Ive read somewhere that the Bulgarians start with very few sessions(like 3 or 4) for a week and then after maybe like 2 months add a 2nd session to one day of the week and then like almost a year after that add another session and another day, so by that time their training 5 days a week, 2 days have 2 sessions, 3 days have 1 session. Not sure how correct that is but I think thats the general idea.

Originally Posted by JiP View Post
    Yeah I have some buddies that would ask me in gym why I would always be squatting(3x a week) and then some would try it and be extremely sore. If you build up on your work capacity and slowly add more I think it would work out okay if you ate enough and got enough sleep and didn't do any sort of sports. Im not super at the whole programming but IMO you shouldn't be squatting more than 3x a week until you've been training for at least a year then maybe add the lighter days like mentioned above.
    blahhhhh
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Originally Posted by MadDogMalesh View Post
    Does that mean to say wouldn't?

no, would, lol.

In other words the steady increase in volume is a part of the training plan and it was taking them around 6 years to reach the top level of volume. Obviously each time thru a cycle the volume would increase

They didnt start Tarenenko off lifting all that volume the first week and he probably didnt all of a sudden make HUGE jumps in volume etc

MadDogMalesh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MadDogMalesh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MadDogMalesh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MadDogMalesh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MadDogMalesh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MadDogMalesh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MadDogMalesh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MadDogMalesh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MadDogMalesh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MadDogMalesh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MadDogMalesh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    no, would, lol.

In other words the steady increase in volume is a part of the training plan and it was taking them around 6 years to reach the top level of volume. Obviously each time thru a cycle the volume would increase

They didnt start Tarenenko off lifting all that volume the first week and he probably didnt all of a sudden make HUGE jumps in volume etc
    Okay got cha. Six years makes sense as it would take awhile just to get used to 3x if your completely new and then a few months later add a session then a day until eventually your training 5+ days a week, 2 times a day. Did he say what percentages were used when squatting since he said they did it multiple times a day. Once again obviously worked to but still...

I should read that article.
    blahhhhh
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jay5150 View Post
    Yes, it's true! But I also found out that the warmup sets are more important than ever while training like this! If I don't do it properly, I might do my work set with a little pain in the knee and that sucks hard (but still work tho...)
    But, when you're warmed, everything goes well without pain

warm up is key. as well as technique. when i first started squatting (before i discovered oly lifting) i'd go quarter or parallel. after i started oly lifting and one of the coaches saw me squatting they told me to go all the way down. that was hard at first, the knee problems came back, but now no problems at all.

Okay got cha. Six years makes sense as it would take awhile just to get used to 3x if your completely new and then a few months later add a session then a day until eventually your training 5+ days a week, 2 times a day. Did he say what percentages were used when squatting since he said they did it multiple times a day. Once again obviously worked to but still...

I should read that article.

The Tarenenko article wasnt THAT in depth. The 6 years thing came from the Russian manuals by Medvedev, Vorobyev, Verkhoshansky etc

The Russians werent maxing every day though. That wasnt their system or their style. The Bulgarians did the max every day deal.

I dont think the Russians were slaves to any particular lift as far as trying to list huge numbers on certain assistance lifts. I think they had certain standards and if the lifter was falling into those standards then they didnt specialize on stuff like squats.

In a sense it seems they thought it was a waste to have a huge squat just to have a huge squat...and if a guy had a huge squat but not a huge clean then his technique was iffy. Or vice versa, if Pisarenko had great technique then it wasnt a big deal if he didnt squat 800lbs

for instance from this article: The Relative Value of the Back Squat in the Training of Weightlifters
    "Ivanov (15) pointed out that squat results which are 127 + - 5.2% of the clean and jerk or a clean and jerk to squat ratio of 79% would be sufficient leg strength for athletes with good technique in the clean."

and from that interview with Tarenenko:

"B.C. What about Alexeyev's training?

Taranenko: Nobody knows how Alexeyev trained. He trained alone or when no one was around. I trained with him from 1976 on (at the national team camps). He seemed to do more repetitions per set than the norm. He never squatted with more than he cleaned.

B.C. I read where Alexeyev was quoted as saying he never used more than 270 kg in the squat?

Taranenko: That sounds about right. He never revealed his actual strength in training or competition.

B.C. What abound Pisarenko and Gunyashev?

Taranenko: Pisarenko wasn't that strong. For instance, Zakharevich beat him snatching, without a hook grip, 175-170. He probably couldn't squat much more than 290 kg."

So Im not being the best reader right now but does: "Ivanov (15) pointed out that squat results which are 127 + - 5.2% of the clean and jerk or a clean and jerk to squat ratio of 79% would be sufficient leg strength for athletes with good technique in the clean." mean that if you have GOOD forum you could clean almost 80% of your squat?
    blahhhhh
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

So Im not being the best reader right now but does: "Ivanov (15) pointed out that squat results which are 127 + - 5.2% of the clean and jerk or a clean and jerk to squat ratio of 79% would be sufficient leg strength for athletes with good technique in the clean." mean that if you have GOOD forum you could clean almost 80% of your squat?
    pretty sure thats what they mean, lol

Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Taranenko: Pisarenko wasn't that strong. For instance, Zakharevich beat him snatching, without a hook grip, 175-170. He probably couldn't squat much more than 290 kg."
    That's very funny from a guy who almost couldn't get up with 266. Pisarenko showed no struggle with 265. Maybe the fat fuck didn't believe in the front squat and thought in his delusions that back squat somehow matters in this sport?

pretty sure thats what they mean, lol
    Yeah but I would like to see some idea how that corresponds with your normal athlete who is not at the top level like he mentioned. Ultimately the sport is the snatch and c&j not squatting but it still has to help somewhat, up to a certain point like he said but Im curious how many people clean close to 80% of their 1rm for their squat.

I should look at that spreadsheet posted awhile back with approximations based off what you squat and what you could do with the classical lifts and vice versa.
    blahhhhh
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I starting doing this about exactly a month ago, and made great progress in a short time. I back squatted every day to max Monday thru Friday, usually to start my session off, except Tuesday and Thursday where I started with Front Squat (to max) and then did the Back Squats at the end of the session. I also attempted a 5RM every Saturday for 3 consecutive Saturdays in a row, so my only day off was Sunday for about 20 some days.

End results - daily max was basically my old PR and could hit it relatively easily with minimal warm up, upped my 1RM by 15 kg, Front Squat was about the same but better form and speed. I burnt out pretty quick though, was pushing my self pretty hard now that I look back, hitting consecutive days of PRs, etc. My body started to ache, although my hips and knees where in the best shape they've been in and felt great - I was just very tight in my lower body. I'm coming back from a two week deload where I continued to squat pretty heavy on the first week and simply cut out pulls, then no pulls and only medium weight squats on the second week, and feel great, with a good maintenance of the acute strength gain.

Cliffs:
    Did it for a month
    Great results
    Burnt out quick
    Maintained strength gains after deload
    Try it out, you will be surprised at how hard you can push your body
    Key: Make sure you stay on top of your recovery, daily stretching and foam rolling are a must
    Subscribe to The Strength Project :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/olbaid420?feature=mhee

Read the blog:
    http://thegoodmoodfooddude.blogspot.com/

Ask me anything about nutrition:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162775831