bjammer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question rapid fatloss handbook

for those familiar with it...is it effective as far as losing fat while maintaining muscle?

...and rather than do it everyday, for a week or two, would i still get the same benefit if i did it once or twice a week (rest days)? you know, shock the metabolism so when i return to my normal cutting calories (1900-2000...keto) im not likely to adapt as quick to the deficit. what do you guys think? any input appreciated.

brunkhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunkhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunkhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunkhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunkhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunkhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunkhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunkhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunkhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunkhy is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunkhy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bjammer View Post
    for those familiar with it...is it effective as far as losing fat while maintaining muscle?
    That's the exact point of this diet, although the rate which you retain muscle is individual. What I mean is, everyone doing rfl will lose fat, but some will retain LBM better.

Originally Posted by bjammer View Post
    ...and rather than do it everyday, for a week or two, would i still get the same benefit if i did it once or twice a week (rest days)? you know, shock the metabolism so when i return to my normal cutting calories (1900-2000...keto) im not likely to adapt as quick to the deficit. what do you guys think? any input appreciated.
    There are diets that do this to some extent. If you look into the UD 2.0, for example, the rest days can be as low calories as a psmf, and it works.

I think that if you did this, it would simply increase the weekly deficit. Also, you can't forget about the refeeds.