jjface1390 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjface1390 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjface1390 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjface1390 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjface1390 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjface1390 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjface1390 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjface1390 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjface1390 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjface1390 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My craigslist finds...:)

Hey guys I'm really interested in getting a weider home gym to go along with my power rack and dumbbells, all 5 of these are weider's and in my price range within my area. Your thoughts on these deals? Thanks in advance.

http://toronto.craigslist.org/spo/380305049.html - $300

http://toronto.craigslist.org/spo/385027534.html - $375

http://toronto.craigslist.org/spo/393467499.html - $100

http://toronto.craigslist.org/spo/391731977.html - $225

http://toronto.craigslist.org/spo/380987295.html - $395

jjface1390 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjface1390 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjface1390 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjface1390 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjface1390 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjface1390 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjface1390 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjface1390 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjface1390 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjface1390 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump

jazzman21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jazzman21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jazzman21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jazzman21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jazzman21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jazzman21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jazzman21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jazzman21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jazzman21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jazzman21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jazzman21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm looking for some olympic bars and plates for cheap. Craigslist has some solid stuff on there from time to time, just wondering if their is anywhere else online I can find some cheap weights?
    The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Galatians 1:7-9

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Current stack: Creapure and L-Leucine

Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have a question that is off subject but...Is there alot of good fitness equipment on craigslist? I searched on some towns closer to where I live and had no luck...

Was wondering if they have like olympic dumbbell sets (like alot of 10's, 15's, 5's, 2.5's for loading dumbbell handles)

I would really be interested in buying some used freeweights...

As for the gyms...I actually own the first one you posted...I like it, works good for me...it is surprisingly smooth for a weider gym...I grease it here and there to make sure it stays good, and it pays off...to me this is fine for a home gym set-up

The second one is pointless, there obviously isn't enough weights to do squats and you dont need a vkr set-up like that, you can do knee raise without all the padding and stuff, all you need is a chin up bar

The third one would do fine as well...simple, small, good if you don't really want the leg press and stuff like on the frist one

The fourth one isn't a bad option but remember free weight exercises are really important to, especially for exercises like bench, squat, MILITARY PRESS, SHOULDER PRESS...so a cable shoulder press isn't really necessary

As for the fifth one, to me it's a waste of cash, because like I said you don't need the padding to do knee raise and stuff...

I would go with either the first one (because the exercises offered cannot be done with free weights) unlike the others where there are squat and shoulder press stations (better off just doing those with a barbell) or you could go with the 3rd one, if you don't want something big and don't feel it is necessary to do leg presses...

IMO, the first one or the third one, Best of luck JM

need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do yourself a favor and get an FID aka utility bench and a power rack.

You will outgrow that contraption and eventually wish to hell you woulda bought the powerrack and FID bench.

If you just got to have that thing, obviously go for the one with the most weight resistance, and dont pay what they are asking, make a low offer, chances are, they feel the need to have the junk gone today, more than wait for top dollar.
    Last edited by need2eat; 08-10-2007 at 05:51 AM.
    "People are bastard covered bastards, with bastard fillings"

kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've seen some good deals here and there but sometimes I see people sell equipment that you can buy in the store for cheaper (AND NEW). Old rusty equipment that are just way overpriced. People must think they have a vintage collectors item bench! On the other hand, if you look hard enough every now and then you'll find something, its worth the search.

Originally Posted by need2eat View Post

You will outgrow that contraption and eventually wish to hell you woulda bought the powerrack and FID bench.

If you just got to have that thing, obviously go for the one with the most weight resistance, and dont pay what they are asking, make a low offer, chances are, they feel the need to have the junk gone today, more than wait for top dollar.
    i have a bench and a power rack already as i stated in my first post...

Originally Posted by Joey Mo View Post
    I have a question that is off subject but...Is there alot of good fitness equipment on craigslist? I searched on some towns closer to where I live and had no luck...

Was wondering if they have like olympic dumbbell sets (like alot of 10's, 15's, 5's, 2.5's for loading dumbbell handles)

I would really be interested in buying some used freeweights...

As for the gyms...I actually own the first one you posted...I like it, works good for me...it is surprisingly smooth for a weider gym...I grease it here and there to make sure it stays good, and it pays off...to me this is fine for a home gym set-up

The second one is pointless, there obviously isn't enough weights to do squats and you dont need a vkr set-up like that, you can do knee raise without all the padding and stuff, all you need is a chin up bar

The third one would do fine as well...simple, small, good if you don't really want the leg press and stuff like on the frist one

The fourth one isn't a bad option but remember free weight exercises are really important to, especially for exercises like bench, squat, MILITARY PRESS, SHOULDER PRESS...so a cable shoulder press isn't really necessary

As for the fifth one, to me it's a waste of cash, because like I said you don't need the padding to do knee raise and stuff...

I would go with either the first one (because the exercises offered cannot be done with free weights) unlike the others where there are squat and shoulder press stations (better off just doing those with a barbell) or you could go with the 3rd one, if you don't want something big and don't feel it is necessary to do leg presses...

IMO, the first one or the third one, Best of luck JM
    thanks alot! i just need something simple ie with pec deck/lat pulldown/tricep pushdowns

KMan81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KMan81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KMan81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KMan81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KMan81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KMan81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KMan81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KMan81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KMan81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KMan81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KMan81 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Back in the day (maybe 8 years ago?) I had the exact same one as the last one on your list. To be honest I don't know that it was much more than 500 brand new. It worked like you'd expect it to but it is not nearly as smooth as a commercial unit and has some wobble to it at higher weights. I'd say get a real lat machine if it;s a late machine you are after.

Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by need2eat View Post

Like I was saying I own the first one he posted...the reaosn I bought it is because it had the strongest resistance of them all, 410 lbs on leg press, like 90 lbs on leg extension (pretty ****ty), shoulder press like 260lbs and the rest I cannot remember...but I cannot say I regret my purchase, because I do like it and it is pretty smooth for something of lower quality, I think a lat tower would have been more suitable for the space I have, but I stand by my decision lol

BTW, jjmuggs1390 a pec dec isn't the greatest exercise, it is pretty pointless but I admit that they are a fun exercise, but laterals rise and incline flyes and such are much better exercises...either way good luck, and if you get the 3rd one you posted, ask teh guy what is the resistance or else you might outgrow it too fast...

Originally Posted by Joey Mo View Post
    Like I was saying I own the first one he posted...the reaosn I bought it is because it had the strongest resistance of them all, 410 lbs on leg press, like 90 lbs on leg extension (pretty ****ty), shoulder press like 260lbs and the rest I cannot remember...but I cannot say I regret my purchase, because I do like it and it is pretty smooth for something of lower quality, I think a lat tower would have been more suitable for the space I have, but I stand by my decision lol

BTW, jjmuggs1390 a pec dec isn't the greatest exercise, it is pretty pointless but I admit that they are a fun exercise, but laterals rise and incline flyes and such are much better exercises...either way good luck, and if you get the 3rd one you posted, ask teh guy what is the resistance or else you might outgrow it too fast...
    yeah i emailed them all back the first one (which you own) comes with 240lbs resistance which is pretty good. I haven't heard from the $100 one though.. I don't know why people hate on some exercises though lol I don't go with a straight routine, i like to change things up usually week to week so some weeks i do db flyes, others i might try pec dec or cable flyes (i used to go to a gym) so incorporating db,bb, and machine stuff keeps my body growing and shocked.

Originally Posted by jjmuggs1390 View Post
    yeah i emailed them all back the first one (which you own) comes with 240lbs resistance which is pretty good. I haven't heard from the $100 one though.. I don't know why people hate on some exercises though lol I don't go with a straight routine, i like to change things up usually week to week so some weeks i do db flyes, others i might try pec dec or cable flyes (i used to go to a gym) so incorporating db,bb, and machine stuff keeps my body growing and shocked.
    Yeah that is a good approach...240 lbs of resistance...mine was 410 lbs weird...I think I've seen one like that in the sears catalogue, yeah it was similar to mines except for the stack I think

But leg press isn't something your gonna do often on that anyway, because even 410 lbs on a leg press (mines) isn't much...pretty easy if you ask me...

C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You have everything you need already. Getting a Weider unit isn't going to improve your workouts or your physique. Weider makes bargain basement quality equipment. Even if you didn't already have a power rack there's no way I'd ever suggest buying a new Weider unit, much less a used one.

need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I did miss your mentioning you had a rack already, ooops...

I still feel it would be a waste of money...as cman mentioned, you already have what you need.

Youd be far ahead using that money to invest in food.
    Last edited by need2eat; 08-10-2007 at 02:40 PM.
    "People are bastard covered bastards, with bastard fillings"