bruceberry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fat content of slow cooked, lean pork shoulder

My local grocer has pork shoulder often on sale for 99c/lb. I slow cook those 10lb babies for 12 hours, pull them into rough chunks and then add bbq sauce and some reduction of its own juices + red wine (the rest of the reduction can then flavor my legumes! free pork broth!)

I often prefer it to slow cooked chicken, which is not bad but pretty bland in comparison. However, my calorie counter says that "separable lean only roasted pork shoulder" is 13g fat and 25g protein for 100g, while chicken breast is obviously very low in fat. In the end, pork leaves me hungrier and prevents me to fit a larger choice of foods in my cutting diet (e.g. replacing the missing fat with lindt 85% dark chocolate )

Is it really possible that pork contains 33% fat and 66% protein in its muscles? I remove all visible fat carefully when pulling, and I also put the the juices in the fridge before I put them back in the pork, so that i can remove the fat that solidifies to the surface. Therefore, this must be almost all intramuscular fat. I am suspecting that pork leaves me hungrier just because I am simply overestimating its fat content. Any thoughts?