stevech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Could someone Help me with 1st Keto Diet... Troubleshoot?

Hey!!
    I've Been a member for a while but this is actually only my 2nd post haha
    Anyway, I have been doing a keto diet for about 4 weeks now and haven't lost any fat. In fact I have actually gained weight.
    I've read that a lot of people lose a lot of water weight in the first week or so, but this hasn't happened.
    I test positive on the ketostix, so I would think that I am in ketosis.
    My diet is usually something like this:
    Breakfast: Bacon and eggs
    Lunch: chicken/ lamb/ beef w spinach, mushrooms, cheese and mayo
    Dinner: Chicken/ lamb/ beef with vegetables and mayo.
    And if I'm hungry during the day, I would normally have some tuna with mayo or a few almonds.
    I am about 5'3 or 160cm and currently weigh about 74kg or 163lbs. I would be about 20% body fat.
    I used a few calorie calculators and the average calculation was around 1800 cal/day, so I dropped this and I have been eating between 1300-1500 cals per day.
    I just can't seem to shift any weight, not even "water weight", its pretty depressing because I have actually put on weight, which looks like fat, not muscle
    Would someone please give me some tips or some knowhow or suggestions into how to kickstart the fat loss, that would be amazing
    Thanks!
    Last edited by stevech; 08-28-2012 at 12:04 AM.

whatssgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatssgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatssgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatssgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatssgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatssgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatssgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatssgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatssgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by stevech View Post
    Hey!!
    I've Been a member for a while but this is actually only my 2nd post haha
    Anyway, I have been doing a keto diet for about 4 weeks now and haven't lost any fat. In fact I have actually gained weight.
    I've read that a lot of people lose a lot of water weight in the first week or so, but this hasn't happened.
    I test positive on the ketostix, so I would think that I am in ketosis.
    My diet is usually something like this:
    Breakfast: Bacon and eggs
    Lunch: chicken/ lamb/ beef w spinach, mushrooms, cheese and mayo
    Dinner: Chicken/ lamb/ beef with vegetables and mayo.
    And if I'm hungry during the day, I would normally have some tuna with mayo or a few almonds.
    I am about 5'3 or 160cm and currently weigh about 74kg or 163lbs. I would be about 20% body fat.
    I used a few calorie calculators and the average calculation was around 1800 cal/day, so I dropped this and I have been eating between 1300-1500 cals per day.
    I just can't seem to shift any weight, not even "water weight", its pretty depressing because I have actually put on weight, which looks like fat, not muscle
    Would someone please give me some tips or some knowhow or suggestions into how to kickstart the fat loss, that would be amazing
    Thanks!
    You might want to double check and see how many carbs you are taking in. If you are following the correct macros then my only suggestion would be to change your workout or to increase the intensity of it. Also how did you calculate your body fat?

stevech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by whatssgood View Post
    You might want to double check and see how many carbs you are taking in. If you are following the correct macros then my only suggestion would be to change your workout or to increase the intensity of it. Also how did you calculate your body fat?
    I was testing positive on the ketostix, so I thought my carbs would be low enough. For the nest few weeks I will try to ramp up the training a bit I had my body fat tested using a pinch test.

mhiemstra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Hidden carbs

You are taking in to many carbs in the veggies almonds try just for a few days using chicken breast eggs for protine only macidamion nut oil or extra virgine oil for fats and peanut butter for carbs just remember some math will need to be done peanut butter has fats to and eggs have carbs here is an example of how to properly calculate your calorie for weight loss 12 x body weight... Also you should be drinking min 3 lt h2o per day this will help with water retention and flush out the excess keystones or fat------ here is the calcs this for 200 lb man you will need to do it for your weight

160gr protine *640 cals
    191gr fat 1720 cals
    10gr carb 40 cals
    2400 cals

Example 1: 200 lb male who is weight training Step 1: Set caloric intake: 200 lb * 12 cal/lb = 2400 calories per day Step 2: Set protein intake: 200 lb * 0.8 g/lb = 160 grams of protein. *Since protein has 4 calories/gram, this is 160 grams * 4 cal/gram = 640 calories from protein Step 3: Set carbohydrate intake. *For an SKD, we will assume 10 grams of carbohydrate per day. *Since carbohydrate has 4 calories/gram, this is 10 grams * 4 cal/gram = 40 calories from carbohydrate. Step 4: To determine fat intake, subtract calories from protein and carbohydrate from total calories. 2400 calories - 640 calories - 40 calories = 1720 calories from fat Since fat has 9 calories/gram, this is 1720 calories / 9 cal/gram = 191 grams of fat This person’s overall diet is: Calories: 2400 Protein intake: 160 grams/day Carbohydrate intake: 10 grams/day Fat intake: 191 grams/day

Do a good long brisk walk min 20 min every day and weight train 3 to 4 times a week if this don't lean you out get your thyroid checked or liposuction "jk"