ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000)

Absolutely neccesary equipment for a trainer?

Hi,

I'm 10 days out from taking my ACE certification exam, and 14 days from moving back to school. Before I move in, I'm going to be investing in a moped to get me from my apartment to classes to the gym.. and that's going to leave me absolutely broke. I'm going to need to use training to get myself back on my feet financially (bumming money off the parents only goes so far), and I would like to know what equipment trainers find absolutely necessary to begin with. I'm likely just going to start off training a couple close friends to get myself oriented in the world of training, but I'm definitely going to need some guidance on where to start in terms of equipment.

davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Training friends at the gym you go to? Equipment like body fat calipers, measuring tape, stuff like that? Or weights/benches etc...?
    "Prefer knowledge to wealth, for the one is transitory, the other perpetual." ~Socrates

( NSCA-CPT )

CL White Flood review:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147483453

Beast Sports Nutrition- Beast Mode review:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149076503&p=967425433#post967425433

ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by davidpdorsey View Post
    Training friends at the gym you go to? Equipment like body fat calipers, measuring tape, stuff like that? Or weights/benches etc...?
    Yeah at a local gym. Sorry, should have been more specific, but I meant like what assessment equipment/additional workout equipment have you found yourself frequently using in the field.

davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ericd8 View Post
    Yeah at a local gym. Sorry, should have been more specific, but I meant like what assessment equipment/additional workout equipment have you found yourself frequently using in the field.
    Well, I would suggest some measuring tape ( cheap at the dollar store ), body fat calipers, and that's about it. You can print out workout logs or anything in that nature.

Are you training at your gym w/o being a PT there? Just asking b/c I know the 24hr fitness I go to threatens to cancel memberships if they see it.
    "Prefer knowledge to wealth, for the one is transitory, the other perpetual." ~Socrates

( NSCA-CPT )

CL White Flood review:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147483453

Beast Sports Nutrition- Beast Mode review:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149076503&p=967425433#post967425433

Originally Posted by davidpdorsey View Post
    Well, I would suggest some measuring tape ( cheap at the dollar store ), body fat calipers, and that's about it. You can print out workout logs or anything in that nature.

Are you training at your gym w/o being a PT there? Just asking b/c I know the 24hr fitness I go to threatens to cancel memberships if they see it.
    I'm not sure yet. I have a Snap Fitness across the street from where I live, and I'm pretty sure they do private contracting. That would be ideal for me, with the gym taking a certain cut of what I make. If not, I'll probably take him into the powerhouse gym I train at or the school rec gym and train him there.