sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Rebecca’s Road to Recovery

Hello everyone, I’ve been a member for years and rarely actually post, even though I read daily. I had a journal probably 7 yrs ago, but it’s time for me to go public again.

Honestly, this stems from hitting rock bottom. I feel if I don’t throw out a line to “someone” for accountability’s sake I might just disappear.

A quick background is that I’ve been in and around fitness my whole life. Multisport athlete and Army veteran. I started my body building journey more as cross training, or a secondary priority but have always loved lifting. In 2010 I lost 40lbs and worked my way “back” to a healthy 120 pounds. In Oct 2011 I broke my ankle in 3 places as well as on the top of my foot in a soccer game. I AM STILL RECOVERING!!
    In 2011 I also was laid off and have been bouncing through jobs for the past year and a half. Which has been the most painful, stressful, depressing (there was a lost love in there too) year I have seen in my life. Obviously with the injury and stress I’ve just seen the weight come back on.

So I just wanted to start a journal to get back on track and have a little more motivation and support.

Most of the people around me feel that I was “obsessed” with working out before, or “why were you playing soccer anyway”……even my family has this tone as if to say….”well you deserved to get hurt, you were doing too much.” In the end….I know I’m borderline depressed, my kids keep me busy, and happy but I want my LIFE back.

I appreciate any comments and feedback!
    Updates to follow!
    1 Corinthians 9:24
    Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lifting helped me get through a bad period of depression in my early twenties. It really helps.
    Good luck with your goals. It's wise to focus on yourself once in a while and you definitely deserve it.

sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks BalhamBeast! Gotta start somewhere

This is my current program:

Mon: AM Chest/Tris PM run approx 2-3 miles
    Tues: AM Legs PM swim
    Wed: AM Back/Bis PM swim
    Thurs: AM Shoulders/Abs PM run approx 2-3 miles
    Fri: AM Legs

Sat: swim
    Sun: bike or swim
    Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

it never fails when you start off and are all gung-ho to get going, crap happens and jacks up your schedule.........grrr
    I feel like this week is a total loss.

missed Monday and Tuesday workout for family funeral, travel
    Wednesday, surprise visit from my mother, who only waits to eat mexican food and tortillas...grrr
    I did get a 10 mile bike ride in late last night, mostly to stretch my legs. It wasn't even intense, more of a cruise. I was talking to my Dad the whole time though, so that was refreshing.

Don't laugh at my lifts!! I'm trying to get stronger

Today:

upright row: 12x20lb, 10x20lb, 8x30lb
    mil press: 12x20lb, 10x30lb, 8x30lb
    arnold press: 3 sets 12 10lb
    lat straight arm push down:30lb
    cable shoulder squeeze (not sure what it's really called) 3 sets 8x10lb

look forward to my run later, my daughter is going with me she just doesn't know it yet

had an awesome workout on Saturday, was my first "brick" workout in over a year. I'm still trying to figure out how to get some mileage in when my ankle is still killing me.

Saturday:
    ran 2.5miles, swam 1 mile, then ran 2.5 miles home

ohhh and the highlight of my weekend!!!

we got a new puppy! He's a boxer male, his name is Brego!!! Happy early Christmas to us

mariia will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariia will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariia will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariia will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariia will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariia will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariia will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariia will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariia will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariia will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sthpadregrl View Post
    had an awesome workout on Saturday, was my first "brick" workout in over a year. I'm still trying to figure out how to get some mileage in when my ankle is still killing me.

Saturday:
    ran 2.5miles, swam 1 mile, then ran 2.5 miles home

I really hope you get thousands of bricks" to buid a good solid fitness wall!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143471063&p=854819153#post854819153
    Cut,cut, cut!

ok, little ticked off with new puppy. His sleep patterns are messing up my AM workout....but 4 days later I do see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Mon: no am workout, ran 3 miles (yay!! actually did 3 straight, felt really good but still iced my ankle just in case)
    Tues: swam 1 mile (ladder laps)
    Wed: 2 mile run (800m intervals) and unweighted walking lunges and "rehab ankle drills"
    Thurs: won't get to do crap today.........grrr kids school stuff

eating has been spot on, which I'm exceedingly happy with since my daughter has been baking every single day

meals this week so far:

Mon:
    1/2 C oatmeal
    1 scoop protein/half banana
    10 almonds
    apple chicken jambalaya
    bowl, quinoa
    turkey sandwich

TUES:
    1/2 C oatmeal
    protein/half banana
    moscato chicken
    w/peaches
    1/2 c grapes
    1 bowl of bison chili
    1 bowl of chicken soup

WED:
    1/2 C oatmeal
    protein strawberries
    8 pb pretzels
    1/2 bell peppers
    2 bowls of chicken soup

THURS:
    1/2 C oatmeal
    protein strawberries
    8 pb pretzels
    3 oz tuna
    1 small bowl of bison chili
    1/2 bell peppers
    DP (dr pepper........my biggest vice, grrr)

Just checking in, but unfortunately nothing really to report.

Pretty down this week. My kiddos are with their father for Christmas so I haven't seen them since Sunday. I took the puppy for a walk on Christmas eve and we didn't make it out of the driveway. LOL Losing that battle, however his potty training is going well.

I ran 2.5 miles on Saturday
    played approx 10 min of soccer scrimmage on Sunday (ankle was still sore from Saturday)
    great chest/tri workout on Monday

Bench: 65x12, 65x10, 70x10, 75x8
    DB around the world: 15x10x 3 sets
    db incline press: 25lbsx12, 25x10, 30x 8
    db incline flyes: 15x15, 15x12, 20x8
    overhead db pullover: 30x15, 30x12, 35x8
    skullcrushers: 20x10, 20x10, 30x6
    tricep cable pressdown: 20x10, 20x10, 30x5
    reverse tricep cable: 15x10, 15x10
    assisted dips: (not sure how to label this) level 11 assistance x 12reps, level 11x10, level 9x 6

great more bad news..........Friday will be my last day at work. GRRR another freakin contract job that just happens to end a year early. OMG!! ughgugh I was just starting to get out of my hole too.