jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Your First Week with Westside

Can any of yall tell me about your first week with Westside? I mean were you like worried or unsure about how much weight to use with the supplementary(assitance) exercises,like that you might go too heavy or too light,and how did you do?What were your maxes before and after your first westside program?

Inzah Dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just use your first week to find what weight to use. Try something and if it feels too light move it up. Then estimate what weight to use next week and just go by how you feel.

Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000)
    i did exactly what inzer said..

although i was very unsure of my routine at first.. now its second nature..
    http://www.fortified-iron.com/

Strength Training and Olympic lifting

jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yea,I was just worried by doing something like that,that it would have a negative side effect.

Originally posted by jak
    yea,I was just worried by doing something like that,that it would have a negative side effect.
    A negative side-effect? Like what?

I was just worried that if I went too light or too heavy on my assisstance in the first week,that it would have some kind of negative effect and I wudnt get any good gains from the program.

Oh. The first week won't make much of a difference.

Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You just gotta feel it out the first month or so. it seems very complicated at first, but then Westside comes natural. You get a good feel for what exercises to do, and how much wt, etc. I'd recommend writing down your ME lifts though so you can revisit them later and see what progress you've made. If you don't make progress on a ME lift then bingo there's your weakness and you'll know what to train.

-Ant.
    405/275/495 @ 181 lbs BW

ok,thanks for the replies.but I wud still like to know ya'll gains from your first westside routine.

Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Over 200 lbs on the total in 4 months.
    405/275/495 @ 181 lbs BW

Well I havn't done westside yet but healthy n' fit has. He said he got 10-15 on squat, 15 on bench, and 10-20 on deadlift. But he also had alot of injuries. This was during a 8 week program i think. His next time around he got 35 on squat, 20 on bench, and 30 on deadlift.

healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Inzah Dude
    Well I havn't done westside yet but healthy n' fit has. He said he got 10-15 on squat, 15 on bench, and 10-20 on deadlift. But he also had alot of injuries. This was during a 8 week program i think. His next time around he got 35 on squat, 20 on bench, and 30 on deadlift.
    yep...absolutely correct! Yeah...rack pulls for the first time and heavy, good mornings to a max with bad form and over training, etc. 3 weeks of no training.

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    do you think west sides would be ok for someone new to powerlifting but not new to lifting in general
    or should I use a 3X3 kinda system

lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: Your First Week with Westside

Originally posted by jak
    Can any of yall tell me about your first week with Westside? I mean were you like worried or unsure about how much weight to use with the supplementary(assitance) exercises,like that you might go too heavy or too light,and how did you do?What were your maxes before and after your first westside program?
    ya i was extremely paranoid about my workout a week ago when i started westside. i was worried about whether i did enough exercises or not enough or too much weight or not enough, etc. once ya get the hang of it, you just throw stuff together.

Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Kane Fan
    do you think west sides would be ok for someone new to powerlifting but not new to lifting in general
    or should I use a 3X3 kinda system
    i would say it would be fine, just do more full range movements than westside suggests (since you are un equipped, and new to PLing.
    http://www.fortified-iron.com/

Strength Training and Olympic lifting

Westside ain't easy. Find other PLers and train with them. Especially if they're much stronger.
    405/275/495 @ 181 lbs BW

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    any powerlifter close to my weight class is stronger then me : P
    I don't put nearly enough effort into squats or deads and do bench with db's instead of barbells lol
    I'm just wondering if I can do some strength training on the other bodyparts and get some kind of a pl system in on bench dead and squats

would doing flat bench with dumbells be a problem cus I like them a lot that way
    and since db's are harder then bb's it seems like gains there would translate well to the barbell