HumbleHub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumbleHub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumbleHub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumbleHub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumbleHub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumbleHub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hiatal Hernia - Doctor Refuses Operation

Hi all,

I was bulking back early 2017 and then July hit, sprayed vomit like the exorcist, blood in vomit, muscle spasms all the time in the lower abs. I was told I cut the inside of my stomach, take some Omeprazole and shut up. So I did....then my throat closed up to the point it felt like a lump in the back of my throat. I kept getting told go away and then one day a NHS GP listened to me, got an endoscopy on August and bam a 5cm hiatal hernia at the age of 29. Super......going from 4,000 cals a day and weight lifting 4 times a week my body just went to shock, mind in survival mode and basically stopped all exercise. I went from 86kg (189.6lbs) to 74kg (163.1lbs) in the space of 2 months.

Firstly, a lesson learned if you get told nothing is wrong with you, push until you get the right answer.

I have been repeatedly to Accident & Emergency more times than I can count as my heart just elevates so fast when with no exercise and severe chest pains. I managed reform my diet to very clean but still felt nausea and chest pain doing any type of cardio.

I finally after 5 months got a consultants appointment who said it was my fault I got a hiatal hernia because I did weightlifting, laughed in my face when I explain the symptoms and then he just said I am not going to offer you any treatment at all, take tablets for the rest of your life.......

My question is simple, this hernia isn't going to get fixed although I pay my taxes and N.I. they have told me go away even though a 5cm hernia is large and is causing lifestyle issues. If it's not going to get fixed and we know as age takes it toll it will get bigger with a very limited possibility that it could strangulate, shall I just crack on with the weightlifting?

I know this may seem a dumb question but although I have been active my whole life, weightlifting (even though only started 2 years ago) is pretty much the only thing ever that I feel had the right click the feeling, getting bigger and stronger I was at my peak. I want it back!!!

Anyone had this issue?

Best wishes to all

Damian

shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's some awesome healthcare you have there bro.

I'd find another doctor and leave the weightlifting out of the story this time.

FAT40 is not very helpful. (-500) FAT40 is not very helpful. (-500) FAT40 is not very helpful. (-500) FAT40 is not very helpful. (-500) FAT40 is not very helpful. (-500) FAT40 is not very helpful. (-500) FAT40 is not very helpful. (-500) FAT40 is not very helpful. (-500) FAT40 is not very helpful. (-500) FAT40 is not very helpful. (-500) FAT40 is not very helpful. (-500)
    You from UK Damian?...NHS?
    with the right frame of mind you can achieve your goals

HumbleHub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumbleHub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumbleHub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumbleHub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumbleHub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumbleHub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FAT40 View Post
    You from UK Damian?...NHS?
    I am indeed, UK based.

Got to love the NHS.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Get a job with BUPA supplemental and then see a real doc. Learn to fight the NHS, you can get what you need.

FAT40 is not very helpful. (-500) FAT40 is not very helpful. (-500) FAT40 is not very helpful. (-500) FAT40 is not very helpful. (-500) FAT40 is not very helpful. (-500) FAT40 is not very helpful. (-500) FAT40 is not very helpful. (-500) FAT40 is not very helpful. (-500) FAT40 is not very helpful. (-500) FAT40 is not very helpful. (-500) FAT40 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by HumbleHub View Post
    I am indeed, UK based.

Got to love the NHS.
    They are strict when it comes to things like that. If you go into A&E with severe pain from your hernia and they think its life threatening then they'll operate. They'll give you a bunch of meds quicker. I think the NHS regards weightlifting as a bad lifestyle choice. Doc once told me i should be 11 stone, i said "what??? you think i'm a marathon runner?"
    with the right frame of mind you can achieve your goals

Originally Posted by FAT40 View Post
    They are strict when it comes to things like that. If you go into A&E with severe pain from your hernia and they think its life threatening then they'll operate. They'll give you a bunch of meds quicker. I think the NHS regards weightlifting as a bad lifestyle choice. Doc once told me i should be 11 stone, i said "what??? you think i'm a marathon runner?"
    Absolutely, when I went to the A&E on a number of occasions they just said the heart and blood was fine so the stomach has not gone up into the lungs area but the pain is due to the hernia wait to see your consultant.

Meds is absolutely right, they just happy to pack you off, consultant was not happy I was doing weightlifting but surely weightlifting if not over super excess is really good for you both mentally and physically? That Doc of yours asking for 11 stone is insane, only runners are going to be like that.

I did get a PH test done and they said it showed acid but not enough to warrant anything, so bugger off.

I really just want to get into weightlifting again, I'v already changed to a clean diet, less calories and packed off the protein supplements as requested by the doc......

Registered User SharpManDressed's Avatar
    SharpManDressed is not very well liked. (-100) SharpManDressed is not very well liked. (-100) SharpManDressed is not very well liked. (-100) SharpManDressed is not very well liked. (-100) SharpManDressed is not very well liked. (-100) SharpManDressed is not very well liked. (-100) SharpManDressed is not very well liked. (-100) SharpManDressed is not very well liked. (-100) SharpManDressed is not very well liked. (-100) SharpManDressed is not very well liked. (-100) SharpManDressed is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by HumbleHub View Post
    Absolutely, when I went to the A&E on a number of occasions they just said the heart and blood was fine so the stomach has not gone up into the lungs area but the pain is due to the hernia wait to see your consultant.

Meds is absolutely right, they just happy to pack you off, consultant was not happy I was doing weightlifting but surely weightlifting if not over super excess is really good for you both mentally and physically? That Doc of yours asking for 11 stone is insane, only runners are going to be like that.

I did get a PH test done and they said it showed acid but not enough to warrant anything, so bugger off.

I really just want to get into weightlifting again, I'v already changed to a clean diet, less calories and packed off the protein supplements as requested by the doc......
    How are you OP?