Deeaannooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Srs question about pre-workout

I'm 17 (inb4 under-age) and have tried two different pre-workout's which both have had quality reviews, Jack3D Micro, and Bullnox Androflex. I started with Jack and it had literally no effect on me so I searched around and found Bullnox. Tried it today and I can't seem to feel a difference when I use it. I take it on an empty stomach, and the only caffeine I've ever taken was a 200mg capsule ( I don't drink coffee) which made me all shaky etc.. Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong? Or am I just immune to all these mystery chemicals and shiny words?

Patryk905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Patryk905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Patryk905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Patryk905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Patryk905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Patryk905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Patryk905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Patryk905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Patryk905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Patryk905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Patryk905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If 200mg of caffeine made you shaky then the caffeine in Jack3d and Bullnox should be doing something too

johnc28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnc28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnc28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnc28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnc28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnc28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnc28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnc28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnc28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnc28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnc28 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're not doing anything wrong, it's just that this stuff isn't magic in a bottle.

Caffeine + some sugar is probably the only thing worth considering, and as you noted all that's really going to do is wake you up a bit.

You'd probably be better off not depending on pre-workouts. The most important pre-workout is getting a decent meal at least a few hours before exercise.

Originally Posted by Patryk905 View Post
    If 200mg of caffeine made you shaky then the caffeine in Jack3d and Bullnox should be doing something too
    That's what I thought, I even tried two scoops which still had no effect.

Originally Posted by johnc28 View Post
    You're not doing anything wrong, it's just that this stuff isn't magic in a bottle.

Caffeine + some sugar is probably the only thing worth considering, and as you noted all that's really going to do is wake you up a bit.

You'd probably be better off not depending on pre-workouts. The most important pre-workout is getting a decent meal at least a few hours before exercise.
    True, it's just a bit annoying that it has little to no effect for me though :/

MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BlueRev View Post
    Hello,
    I want to first of all say congrats, if you stick to diet/exercise/routine you will someday be more successful in the fitness world then 99% of the people who post here.
    With that being said.

You're under 18, We cannot(legally) and will not recommend you use ANY supplement.

This is our advice to you. If you decide to take it you will be ripped, you will be fit, and you will have success in this industry someday.
    Follow these steps

1. Go ahead and click this link Nutrition
    In this section you will find information on your diet and how key it is. In bodybuilding diet is the most important thing, It comes down to Protein/Carbs/Fats. How many calories you ingest combined with how many calories you burn per day. It's very simple but people like to over complicate things.
    It does not matter what foods you eat, or what time of the day you eat them. What matters is how much at the end of the day and staying in either a calorie deficit or surplus.
    To bulk up: You must be in a calorie surplus
    To lose weight: You must be in a calorie deficit

It's that simple. Don't be that guy who asks "how do i build lean muscle"

2. Go ahead and click this link Workout Routines, More Workout Routines
    Now you need to find a program or make one that fits your lifestyle.
    You need to figure out what you will be using (could be a home gym, body weight exercises, an actual gym)
    Once you figure this out, you need to stick with it. With a good diet and good routine you will gain muscle, you will lose fat.
    The hardest part about this sport is doing the same thing everyday. But in the end it pays off.
    Do not lift like an idiot, Be smart about it. Don't go in the gym and curl 60 lb dumbbells, start low and work your way up.
    Do it correctly, Anyone can throw up a weight, the different between successful people in the gym is to know your weight tolerance.

3. Sleep, This is key. Sleep is when you grow, it's when your body rests. THIS IS KEY in any bodybuilders routine. 6-8 hours per night. No exceptions.
    No need to go party, You have to make a life choice. Go out and party, or eat healthy and get ripped for the future. Your choice.
    You can still have fun and be a bodybuilder, The difference is to know when to have fun, and when to be serious about diet/training.
    This is a lifestyle. Working out 2 times a week with a crappy diet and a bad routine will never result in the gainz you seek.

Now to sum this all up, You don't need supplements again.
    Supplements are literally to supplement your diet where you lack, They in no way make up for a poor diet.
    You're young, Stick to the basics and by the time you're 18 you will be so ripped company's will throw free supplements at you.

Some other helpful links for you guys
    Teen Bodybuilding
    Teen Misc
    Teen Workout Logs

Cheers
    Read this

^ Was the first thing I read when I joined the forum, doesn't answer my question of why I'm not feeling the effects of pre-workout.

powerlifting and stuff Big.Jazayrli's Avatar
    Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Deeaannooo View Post
    I'm 17 (inb4 under-age) and have tried two different pre-workout's which both have had quality reviews, Jack3D Micro, and Bullnox Androflex. I started with Jack and it had literally no effect on me so I searched around and found Bullnox. Tried it today and I can't seem to feel a difference when I use it. I take it on an empty stomach, and the only caffeine I've ever taken was a 200mg capsule ( I don't drink coffee) which made me all shaky etc.. Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong? Or am I just immune to all these mystery chemicals and shiny words?
    If it's making you sick it's probably just too much stimulant.
    Picking things up and putting them down since '09