MyWeightsAndI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Looking for help with five day bodybuilding split

16 yo aspiring weightlifter. Need help with putting together a new five day split which works around my weightlifting class at school. The split i've currently been doing is good, but I was wondering if there was a way I could work towards my goals better.

Goals:

My goal is to increase my size, mainly. I am not a powerlifter, strength and big numbers aren't my focus. The shallow "get ripped" teen mindset, for short. I also want to continue developing abs along with getting physically larger (I know being shredded and massive isn't possible without roids, but I was hoping to keep my abs somewhat visible.) I plan on staying natty too, so roids are completely off the table for me.

Schedule:

Sunday: No gym, no weightlifting class.

Monday: Gym, Squats in weightlifting class.

Tuesday: Gym, Bench press in weightlifting class.

Wednesday: Gym, Cleans/Deadlift in weightlifting class.

Thursday: Gym, Bench press in weightlifting class.

Friday: No gym, Squats in weightlifting class.

Saturday: Gym, no weightlifting class.

What should I be doing at the gym on the available days? How about my cardio?

Weightlifting classes are 30 min. Thanks in advance

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What do you squat bench and deadlift and what do you weigh?
    Texas Method Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast

BasedZeus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MyWeightsAndI View Post
    16 yo aspiring weightlifter. Need help with putting together a new five day split which works around my weightlifting class at school. The split i've currently been doing is good, but I was wondering if there was a way I could work towards my goals better.

Goals:

My goal is to increase my size, mainly. I am not a powerlifter, strength and big numbers aren't my focus. The shallow "get ripped" teen mindset, for short. I also want to continue developing abs along with getting physically larger (I know being shredded and massive isn't possible without roids, but I was hoping to keep my abs somewhat visible.) I plan on staying natty too, so roids are completely off the table for me.

Schedule:

Firstly, I think you would benefit more if you just went to the gym without being in a class because you can't choose the best exercises there. I would suggest asking for a beginner routine, I could help you out with it as I'm 17 myself, but if you want to maximise your gainz I would train by myself.
    169 cm ~ 5'6.5''
    68 kg - 150 lbs
    17 Years Old
    Started in April 2017
    As of 18.12.2017
    Bench: 75kg for 5
    Squat: 95kg for 5
    Deadlift: 120kg for 5
    OHP: 45kg for 5

Originally Posted by 17mahmoods View Post
    What do you squat bench and deadlift and what do you weigh?
    Bench: 145 for 1RM
    Squat: 205 for 1RM
    Deadlift: I haven't deadlifted in a month.

I weigh 134lb

NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bench: 145 for 1RM
    Squat: 205 for 1RM
    Deadlift: I haven't deadlifted in a month.

I weigh 134lb
    with those stats a beginner program is probably more beneficial. 17Mahmoods will probably post a link to them but if not just check the workout program stickies such as fierce 5.
    Start Date: May 8th 2016

Height: 5'8/173cm
    Weight (Fasted): 188lbs/85kg

Maxes:
    Bench: 335lbs/147kg
    Squat: 385lbs/174kg
    Deadlift:425lbs/193kg
    Instagram: @chrisgarciafitness

Originally Posted by NattyNation View Post
    with those stats a beginner program is probably more beneficial. 17Mahmoods will probably post a link to them but if not just check the workout program stickies such as fierce 5.
    What is Fierce 5? I've heard the name but what actually is the program? I could look it up but i'd rather it hear it directly from someone who knows what they're talking about.

NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000)
    What is Fierce 5? I've heard the name but what actually is the program? I could look it up but i'd rather it hear it directly from someone who knows what they're talking about.
    Well I'm not familiar with the program but it's in the workout program stickies and a lot of people on this forum recommend it.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=159678631
    Start Date: May 8th 2016

Height: 5'8/173cm
    Weight (Fasted): 188lbs/85kg

Maxes:
    Bench: 335lbs/147kg
    Squat: 385lbs/174kg
    Deadlift:425lbs/193kg
    Instagram: @chrisgarciafitness

I'll try out Fierce 5. How many times should I do it a week? I notice there are only 2 workouts. Should I do A on one day and B on another and end it there? Or do I need to do it more?

Sean4554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean4554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean4554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean4554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean4554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean4554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean4554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean4554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean4554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean4554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean4554 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'll try out Fierce 5. How many times should I do it a week? I notice there are only 2 workouts. Should I do A on one day and B on another and end it there? Or do I need to do it more?
    It's a monday wed and friday program
    SBD: 405/340/500

Originally Posted by Sean4554 View Post
    It's a monday wed and friday program
    What days should I do each workout? Which revolves around my schedule?

Sean4554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean4554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean4554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean4554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean4554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean4554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean4554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean4554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean4554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean4554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean4554 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well I would try to go workout A then B then A on Monday, Wed, Friday. But since you are doing deadlifts, squats, bench, etc sometimes 2 days in a row, it is up to how you feel.
    You need to give you muscle groups rest days so they can heal properly which is why you shouldn't deadlift a day after you deadlifted.
    You can also go Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. Just make sure you aren't training the same muscle group two days in a row
    SBD: 405/340/500

Originally Posted by Sean4554 View Post
    Well I would try to go workout A then B then A on Monday, Wed, Friday. But since you are doing deadlifts, squats, bench, etc sometimes 2 days in a row, it is up to how you feel.
    You need to give you muscle groups rest days so they can heal properly which is why you shouldn't deadlift a day after you deadlifted.
    You can also go Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. Just make sure you aren't training the same muscle group two days in a row
    Alright man, sounds good. Thanks for the advice

TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Training

You could try just get to the gym in your own time instead of going to the weightlifting classes as they probably won't be that beneficial if it's just one exercise each day. Get on a solid strength program and focus on getting nice whole foods and aim to gain no more than 4 lbs a month. I'll pop links to some programs down below mate good luck and stay consistent.

Why You Should Not Make Your Own Routine
    How To Perform Basic Lifts

Routines
    Starting Strength
    ICF 5x5
    Fierce 5
    Viking's Bare Bones
    PL2W Novice
    GreySkull LP

CornXSkull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CornXSkull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CornXSkull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CornXSkull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CornXSkull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CornXSkull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CornXSkull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CornXSkull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CornXSkull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CornXSkull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CornXSkull will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Goals:

Schedule:

A five day split? A very sub-optimal way of approaching your training. You also need to understand that muscle strength = muscle size. They share a causal relationship. You can’t train for size without training for strength as a natural. That said, you need to get stronger on the compound movements. Just go 4 days per week and focus on the other compounds you haven’t already hit in gym class.

- a once 16 year old weightlifter (:
    405 bench
    600 deadlift
    500 squat
    8%
    Natty.