Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question So, if you eats alot of carbs at night b4 u Sleep...your body stores them as Fat

but what about FAT? Does it get stored as fat too?

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's not true...carbs get stored as fat if you are eating above maitenance..same w/ protein and fat...eating carbs at night will NOT make you fat, if it fits into your macros

jsfitnesssolutionsllc.com nacersusaf's Avatar
    nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Why am I seeing so much of this today? Did someone send out a mass email about carbs before bed being bad or something?

It's a personal choice wether or not you choose to eat carbs before bed. It's a neverending debate, just like fasted vs. unfasted cardio. In the end it all comes down to personal preference.

Some folks swear by cutting off carbs at 5:07 PM, or they'll gain 30 pounds of fat over night. The fact is though, is that Twinnett is right. Eating protein, fats or carbs above your maintenance at ANY time of the day is going to result in fat gains.
    Owner, JS Fitness Solutions
    www.jsfitnesssolutionsllc.com

Magnum Nutraceuticals Athlete
    hardmagnum.com

shibbyshah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shibbyshah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shibbyshah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shibbyshah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shibbyshah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shibbyshah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shibbyshah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shibbyshah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shibbyshah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shibbyshah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They won't necessarily get stored as fat. But carbs are burned for energy. Why do you need energy before bedtime? Eat some slow digesting protein, which is used for muscle tissue repair.

Insulin sensitivity is also reduced at night, so, yeah, actually, late night carbs are more likely to be stored as fat. Fat doesn't cause an insulin response.. and it's pretty difficult for your body to store nutrients into adipose tissue if you have no insulin present.

Sezer_j is not very well liked. (-100) Sezer_j is not very well liked. (-100) Sezer_j is not very well liked. (-100) Sezer_j is not very well liked. (-100) Sezer_j is not very well liked. (-100) Sezer_j is not very well liked. (-100) Sezer_j is not very well liked. (-100) Sezer_j is not very well liked. (-100) Sezer_j is not very well liked. (-100) Sezer_j is not very well liked. (-100) Sezer_j is not very well liked. (-100)
    No. Carbs at night do not make you fat.

No. Fats, HEALTHY fats, at night do not make you fat.

...I eat 2 cups of rice BEFORE bed when CUTTING, and still get below 6% b/f.

Everybody is different.
    Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your ass off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts.

- Henry Rollins

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yep...I got down to around 10-12% bodyfat while eating carbs at night, sometimes while IN bed..

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by twinnett
    Yep...I got down to around 10-12% bodyfat while eating carbs at night, sometimes while IN bed..
    lol, bump

I eat more at night than I do throughout the day
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by nacersusaf
    Why am I seeing so much of this today? Did someone send out a mass email about carbs before bed being bad or something?
    I had to ask myself the same question. For everyone that thinks carbs before bed is wrong please read the sticky

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dkf10425
    I had to ask myself the same question. For everyone that thinks carbs before bed is wrong please read the sticky
    Probably because someone got their hands on the latest copy of Muscular Development Mag where a pro expounds on carb cut-off times
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by shibbyshah
    Insulin sensitivity is also reduced at night, so, yeah, actually, late night carbs are more likely to be stored as fat. Fat doesn't cause an insulin response.. and it's pretty difficult for your body to store nutrients into adipose tissue if you have no insulin present.
    Thats the answer.

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    eet a tub of buttr rite b4 bed. it will go strait to musle.

Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by alan aragon
    haha

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by alan aragon
    Salted or unsalted?

Bulk...Cut...Repeat!!! prometeo's Avatar
    prometeo is on a distinguished road. (+10) prometeo is on a distinguished road. (+10) prometeo is on a distinguished road. (+10) prometeo is on a distinguished road. (+10) prometeo is on a distinguished road. (+10) prometeo is on a distinguished road. (+10) prometeo is on a distinguished road. (+10) prometeo is on a distinguished road. (+10) prometeo is on a distinguished road. (+10) prometeo is on a distinguished road. (+10) prometeo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

salted for mass gins...
    unsalted for lean mass gains...
    LMAO...
    The height of stupidity is most clearly demonstrated by the individual who ridicules something he knows nothing about. --- Albert Einstein.

SO, STEROIDS DO WHAT ???

--------------------------------------
    i owe to:
    please send pm if i owe you, ill keep checking on the signatures also...

Owe me:
    --http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107921161
    chris114
    turbolah87
    Carlos901

--http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=157872811#post157872811
    illpunches

eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question

Originally Posted by Sezer_j
    No. Carbs at night do not make you fat.

No. Fats, HEALTHY fats, at night do not make you fat.

...I eat 2 cups of rice BEFORE bed when CUTTING, and still get below 6% b/f.

Everybody is different.
    OK, I just have to ask... What is the reasoning behind eating 2 cups of rice before bed, especially when cutting? Just needing the extra calories, an abnormal addiction to rice, or does it keep you full?

Sezer_j is not very well liked. (-100) Sezer_j is not very well liked. (-100) Sezer_j is not very well liked. (-100) Sezer_j is not very well liked. (-100) Sezer_j is not very well liked. (-100) Sezer_j is not very well liked. (-100) Sezer_j is not very well liked. (-100) Sezer_j is not very well liked. (-100) Sezer_j is not very well liked. (-100) Sezer_j is not very well liked. (-100) Sezer_j is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by eyesonly
    or does it keep you full?
    Precisely.

I deliberately restrict carbs to a certain degree at other times of the day, just so i can eat more of a night.

If I don't eat either the 1 cup, or 2 cups before bed (sometimes i will eat the one, then leave the other for when/if i wake during the night), i will just wake literally craving carbs... which then simply leads to binging on the crap stuff.

Then it will be cardio first thing on an empty stomach.
    Last edited by Sezer_j; 11-20-2006 at 12:39 PM.
    Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your ass off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts.

- Henry Rollins

saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I agreee, carbs before bed do not make you fat. however im still careful to what kind of carbs I eat before bed. If your bulking you will have a surplus of calories anyway, so eating alot of high GI carbs before bed isnt the best idea, due to your Insulin sensitivity being reduced at night. I eat carbs before bed, but mostly in vegitable form, i.e sweet potato or banana. But I also have about 12oz of milk before bed as well, and thoes are really slow digesting carbs. Eating that before bed has worked out for me, but slamming down 50g of dextros probably will be stored as fat.

so before people just flat out say ''your a noob, carbs before bed dont make you fat.'' I think they should know are you bulking or cutting? are you talking about high GI or low GI.