Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

WEEK SEVENTY-THREE :: What Are The Best Foods For Cutting?

* Note: How can I win? Answer all questions in the order that they are asked.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

TOPIC: What Are The Best Foods For Cutting?

For the week of: April 20th - April 26th
    Wednesday @ Midnight Is The Final Cut (Mountain Time, US & Canada).

-------------------------------------------------------------

When cutting it is crucial to not only count the calories you consume, but to make sure you are getting quality nutrients from those calories.

What are the 20 best foods for cutting? Explain why.

What are the 5 best supplements for cutting? Explain why.

How does one determine how many calories they should consume when cutting?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

The best response will get $75 in credit to use in our online store! The other good responses will be used in an article on the main Bodybuilding.com site, with the poster's forum name listed by it. Become famous!

Thanks,
    Will
    Webmaster
    Bodybuilding.com
    twitter.com/i_am_the_goat

evrim will become famous soon enough. (+50) evrim will become famous soon enough. (+50) evrim will become famous soon enough. (+50) evrim will become famous soon enough. (+50) evrim will become famous soon enough. (+50) evrim will become famous soon enough. (+50) evrim will become famous soon enough. (+50) evrim will become famous soon enough. (+50) evrim will become famous soon enough. (+50) evrim will become famous soon enough. (+50) evrim will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think the best supplements will depend on the individual since some play well with stimulants and some dont, for me amp stacked with ergolean mc worked good. As far as what foods are for cutting, i think its pretty obvious. Turkey and chicken breasts, fish, veggies( cauliflower, brocoli, lettuce, palm hearts, mushrooms, cucumbers etc. ), fruits that are low in sugar like all kinds of berries and apples, calorie free flavored drinks etc.

Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ----------What are the 20 best foods for cutting? Explain why.------------

As we know bulking at cutting are two different things, and require two different types of foods, lets start with the proteins.

Proteins are what help us build and keep muscle. When someone is cutting they should stick to lean proteins. A lean protein is a protein with little or no fat on it. Here are some great lean proteins:

Chicken-Really, you can't go wrong with some lean chicken breast. Not fried guys, baked.

Ground turkey-Ground turkey is also a very lean protein, 3 ounces of this stuff has 21 grams of protein and that it!

Tuna-Tuna is arguably the best food anyone can consume, it is high in protein and nutrients, and has omega-3 fatty acids which help you stay lean.

Peanuts-Ah, I know what your thinking, sodium. You can get unsalted peanuts which has a great balance of protein , helathy carbohydrates, and poly-unsaturated fats. Peanuts are also very low on the glycemic index so they won't spike your blood sugar causing you to crave more food like something higher on the glycemic index, like white bread which has refined carbohydrates in it.

Skim milk-Skim milk is high in protein,has no fat, and has been clinically proven to help people lose weight.

Egg whites-Egg whites are very high in protein, I think 4 grams per egg white, or 6 grams for 1/4 cup of egg beaters, and both have no fat or carbohydrates. The great thing about egg protein is that it lasts up to 6 hours!!

Cottage Cheese-Low in fat, high in protein, and very little carbs and NO sugar. (get the 'Light" brand)

Carbohydrates:

This can be tricky, carbohydrates make or break a cutting or even a bulking stage. Here are some great foods with the carbohydrates that will aid you in your cutting stages.

Oats-Not instant oatmeal, but Quaker Oats. Quaker oats have onle 1 gram of sugar, but also 25 carbohydrates and 5 grams of protein per serving, plus, oats are very filling, but very light, oats in my opinion is the BEST food we can eat! Oh, and FYI, one serving is only 1/4 a cup!!!

Rye Bread- Yuck, I know, but rye break breaks down even slower than whole wheat bread and is lower on the glycemic index. Rye bread will keep you full and provide you with enough energy to go about your day.

Whole Wheat bread-This is much healthier than white bread because it has NO refined carbohydrates and also has a good amount of protein and fiber, this would be better before a workout.

Blueberries-Blue berries are low in sugar, but tatse wondeful and have a plethora of health benifits. The carbohydrates in blueberries will also keep you full for a good long time.

Carrots-Carrots are a vegetable that are heavy in nutrients, and keep you full. The nest time your at the store, look at the label of carrots, and feel how heavy they are, but they have only 6-7 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of protein per serving, which is about 4 ounces!!! These are a great food to eat when your feeling hungry, but don't want to exceed your calorie limit, or when you need only about 10 more carbs, but don't want to have any more damn tricuits because they don't fil you up.

Triscuits-Tricuits, unlike wheat Thins really are made with WHOLE WHEAT, and are much healthier than chips.

Brown Rice-High in good healthy carbohydrates that are slow to digest,and have a good amount of protein.

Quinwa(SP)-A grain from asia that is called a "super food" by many which has good carbohydrates and is high in protein as well.

Fats:

Alvacados-Are extrmeley high in all the good fats.

Walnuts-There is a myth that Almonds contain omega-3 fatty acids, not true, they DO contain good fats, but not omega-3's, the only nut that does contain omega-3 fatty acids is walnuts.

Other great foods:

Broccoli-Any green is high in fiber, but broccolli is the king with all its nutrients and they way it fills you up.

Almonds-Almonds have a great balace between Carbs, proteins, and fats, a cutter doesn't want to be eating anything that has a too drastic of a ratio, like a baked potato for instance.

Musterd-You must all be laughing, but hey, Frenches Mustard has 0 calories, so to all you guys eating your sandwhiches dry, get some mustard!

----What are the 5 best supplements for cutting? Explain why.-------------

1)Caffeine-This boosts your heart rate, and also gives you explosive enegry! Taking this before cardio, or even lifting weights will give you a huge boost.

2)100% Whey by optimum nutrition-Not onmly does this have the greatest muscle building protein on earth, WHEY, but also BCAA's which keep you healing long after you take it.

3)Flaxseed oil-Flaxseed oil is known to help people keep muscle and lose fat, it is also very high in omega-3 fatty acids.

4)CEE-When your cutting, do you want to lose muscle and strength? No? Then take CEE.

5)Water-LOTS OF WATER Water flushes out our toxins helping us lose unwated weight, and if someone is very well hydrated, they have more energy and can workout or run longer to aid in the cutting phase!

-------How does one determine how many calories they should consume when cutting?----------

Well, it all depends on how much and how fast your metabolism is. Just go to any site that can tell you your metbolic rate, (How many calories you burn in a day with no activity) And make sure that at the end of the day when you add the calories consumed, then subtract calories used, that includes metabolic rate plus the cardio or weighttraining you did, that you come up with a deficit.

Ex: If I have a metabolic rate of 2000, If I ate 2200 calories, and burned off 400 calories on cardio or weights a day,5 days a week, then I would be a t a 1000 calorie deficit a week! I would be losing some fat!

I hope that helps!

I have learned so much from all the great people here and hope this helps out many other like me!
    Started:
    Height-5'.9 1/2"
    Weight-165
    Body fat%-16

Forum Register:
    Height-5'.9 1/2"
    Weight-182
    Bodyfat %-11

Currently:
    Height:Same
    Weight:189
    Bodyfat%:Same

Arnold is the Man

Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know how to make bold headlinesd and stuff or have little dots, sorry guys!
    Started:
    Height-5'.9 1/2"
    Weight-165
    Body fat%-16

Forum Register:
    Height-5'.9 1/2"
    Weight-182
    Bodyfat %-11

Currently:

Arnold is the Man

MASTER175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASTER175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASTER175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASTER175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASTER175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASTER175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASTER175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASTER175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASTER175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASTER175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASTER175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cutting is important to any bodybuilder, it can make or break you on stage. The key to cutting is proper suplmentation, and most importantly a correct diet. It is also extremely important to maintain all of your gained muscle from your previous bulk by consuming the correct amount of calories.

When cutting it is important to eat a high protein diet with a lower amount of carbs and fat then you normally eat.

Proteins help gain and maintain muscle tourgh out the cutting process. Eating foods with the highest protein amount while keeping the fat down will defiantly help lose those extra pounds.
    •Lean meats such as turkey/ground turkey, chicken breast, or tuna are excellent because they are very high in protein and they have little to no fat.
    •Dairy products like slim milk, yogurt and fat free cheese have a high amount of casein protein in it. This is perfect before bed because it slowly supplies your body with protein throgh out the entire night; it is also proven to help burn fat.
    •Egg whites are also very high in protein and have no carbs and very little fat
    •Protein shakes/bars are good when you can’t fit in a meal the bars also serve as a good and healthy snack that you won’t regret having.
    Carbs are your body’s main energy source. If you don’t eat enough carb your body will start burning up the muscle you have worked so hard to gain. To burn fat you have to eat slightly less carbs then your maintanance amount.
    •Fruits like plums, peaches, apples and pears all have good carbs that can help you achieve fat loss
    •Oats and brown rice both taste good and have very little sugar (bad carbs).
    •Whole wheat breads and pasta have fast acting carbs which are perfect for a post work out meal (the time your body needs them most).
    •Vegetables and sweet potato are low gi carbs they burn slow and evenly through out a long period of time these are prefect for pre-bed meal, they will keep your body properly “running” at night.
    •Beans are very high in carbs and protein, two for the money
    •Dextrose, if you have to use sweetener dextrose is the way to go it won’t hurt your diet as much as regular sugar and it also provides a great energy boost for those long cardio secions.
    Fats are just as important as protein or carbs as long as there healthy. They prevent your body form storing unhealthy fat.
    •Avocados are one of the best foods to get healthy fat from
    •Nuts such as almonds and cashews also have a good amount of EFA’s
    When it comes to cutting proper supplementation is also important. When dieting we can’t get as many minerals and vitamin’s as we would like to so getting good supplements is crushell.
    # 1) multi vitamin – your body doesn’t get enough vitamins when you’re bulking so it definitely isn’t going to when you’re dieting. It also keeps your immune system up this will Keep you from getting sick so you can spend more time in the gym burning Off that extra fat.
    # 2) low carb protein powder- It can help get in the extra protein that you need with out having to eat fatty foods or pointless carbs
    # 3) Glutamine - will help your muscles recover faster form your cardio and workout that means This means you can do more cardio = more weight loss
    # 4) NO/creatine product (no-explode) – This product will give you the energy you need to do those cardio secions, it also has creatine which will help you maintain Muscle and strength.
    # 5) Flaxseed oil – It is the best way to get all your EFA’s while cutting and its Proven to help people loose weight
    When cutting you need to keep the Calories as low as you can while still getting enough proteins and carbs. That’s the most important thing. You should consume about 2 grams of carbs per lb and about 1 ½ grams of protein per lb.

http://www.sugapablo.net sugapablo's Avatar
    sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Greek God
    Rye Bread- Yuck, I know, but rye break breaks down even slower than whole wheat bread and is lower on the glycemic index. Rye bread will keep you full and provide you with enough energy to go about your day.
    Yuck?!?!? Rye has always been on of my favorties!

FYI: MOST rye bread (like the deli "Jewish" rye with caraway, (i.e. the BEST tasting)) is mainly wheat with some rye flour thrown in.

Here's one I get that's 100% rye:
    http://www.frenchmeadow.com/NutwWGR.htm
    http://www.frenchmeadow.com/NutLinsR.htm (with flaxseeds, my fav of the two)
    My Transformation:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/500/transformation10.jpg

LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LycanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Read bread labels carefully

Be careful about your wheat breads! There are a lot of whole-grain breads and wheat breads out there that are masquerading as wholesome and such. Read the ingredients carefully, many of these wheat breads will still have the first ingredient as "enriched flour". Many more have high fructose corn syrup as the second ingredient. The only bread that I've found (though I'm sure there are more) that doesn't contain either of these ingredients is Sara Lee "delightful" 100% whole grain bread.
    LycanR

http://www.sugapablo.net sugapablo's Avatar
    sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My Transformation:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/500/transformation10.jpg

Its really simple, if the first ingredient isn't 100% whole wheat, its bunk!
    Started:
    Height-5'.9 1/2"
    Weight-165
    Body fat%-16

Forum Register:
    Height-5'.9 1/2"
    Weight-182
    Bodyfat %-11

Currently:

Arnold is the Man

zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lightbulb Learned so much! Wow alot of research went into this! Hope you like :)

When cutting, there are many aspects you need to look through when choosing the correct foods to eat throughout the day. One of the obvious ones is calories. The way to lose weight is to create a caloric deficit of a certain amount below your maintenance level depending on your goals.

Also you might think that just cutting fat is going to help you out somehow which is not completely true when it come to shedding those extra pounds. It’s all about what kind of fats you are taking in along with other things. It is a good idea to keep the amount of saturated fat to a bare minimum. Polyunsaturated fats like omega-3s and omega-6s are a lot better for you and your heart. They can make it a lot easier to attain your fat loss goals when properly eaten. Another good kind of fat is monounsaturated fat, which is shown to lower bad cholesterol and maintain good cholesterol.

Another important aspect to look at is your carbohydrates and how many of them are coming from sugars and what your blood glucose level is going to do after you eat a certain food. The glycemic index or GI scale is used to determine this. I used all these aspects to try and put the top 20 foods in order by best to “worst”. This was very hard to do because all these foods are very, very good for a cutters diet!

20 Best Foods for Cutting!

(1) Water- The best “food” ever! Water has a limitless supply of great reasons to drink it. These include lowered water retention and it helps every organ of your body do its job! There is truly nothing you can't like about water.

(2) Tuna- Tuna is truly the perfect food for cutting. Tuna has almost no fats, no carbohydrates, and tons of protein; there is almost 25 grams of protein in 3.5 oz of canned tuna! Good choice for trying to get in your protein without overdoing fats and bad carbohydrates.

(3) Chicken- With only about 0.5 grams of saturated fat, chicken is a great choice when you’re looking for a good clean food to fill you up! Great source of protein (about 20 grams per serving) and NO CARBS! Have to love that.

(4) Ground Turkey- You cannot go wrong with ground turkey. It has all kinds of good fats, no carbohydrates and even more protein than chicken! It’s Hard to not get excited about this very delicious treat.

(5) Whole Wheat Bread- Whole wheat bread is a great choice because it gives you your servings of whole wheat obviously but more importantly it’s got a great deal of carbohydrates. It also has a very low GI level!

(6) Almonds- It can be a good source of protein if you eat enough of it but the best selling point of eating almonds is all the omega-3 fatty acids its supplies. Keeping your omega-3s up is shown to be very good for your heart and overall health.

(7) Peanuts- Peanuts prove to have a lot of the same great qualities as almonds, some good proteins and a lot of good fats. They really fill you up quick too!

(8) Spinach- Spinach, like a lot of veggies, has pretty much low everything! It’s a great way to get in your vegetables for the day and is great for a salad. Spinach is also a very good source of fiber.

(9) Skim Milk- Good way to get your vitamin C, but more importantly it’s a great tasting, good source of protein with no fats and very little carbohydrates. It’s always a good decision to have diary in your meal plan while cutting.

(10) Rye Bread- Rye bread will provide its consumer with a little protein, a little bit of fats, and A LOT of great low GI carbohydrates. This is one of my favorite types of bread too! It has a wonderful refreshing taste.

(11) Sweet Potato- With sweet potatoes, you will not be getting the high GI level that you get with normal potatoes and it also has low fat and actually a fairly low calories level per serving which is always good when trying to shed those excess pounds of body fat.

(12) Whole Wheat Pasta- Whole wheat pasta has very similar aspects as whole wheat bread which makes it a very good choice when trying to spice up your meal plan!

(13) Non-Fat Yogurt- Non-Fat yogurt is a great tasting source of protein with low carbohydrates and what the name implies, No Fat!

(14) Cottage Cheese- One thing that a lot of foods lack is casein protein, which slowly goes into your system making it a great meal to have before bedtime where you won’t be able to get any protein that your body needs so desperately for cutting and bulking both. It also has no fat when you by skim milk kind.

(15) Cranberries- It is a good idea to have high GI carbohydrates in places of your diet, for instance pre-workout. Cranberries are a very good tasting source of this. Other fruits are as well to your liking. Bananas are a good second choice when it comes to flavor.

(16) Carrots- These are my favorite food to snack on when cutting because they won’t make you go over your calorie limit but they taste great and fill you up! They are chucking full of great nutrients!

(17) Brown Rice- Brown rice is a great tasting food that has tons of low GI carbohydrates, some protein and very low fat content. Mix with some vegetables for a great meal!

(18) Oats- The reason oats are so low on this list is definitely not anything to do with the nutrient content because oats are a great healthy meal to have… Just not a whole lot! The main reason why I would not recommend having oats all the time because in about 3.5 oz oats, your getting about 400 calories which can break your caloric intake for the day if your eating them too much.

(19) Avocados- Very nutrient dense and full of all the great fats you need!

(20) Balsamic Vinegar- You might not consider this really a “food” really but I have found that this low fat, low carbohydrate dressing is a great way to make some of the less great tasting veggies taste better! It is definitely a way better choice than ranch dressing or even low-fat ranch dressing

5 Best Supplements for Cutting!

(1) Multi-Vitamin- A multi is a really great idea for anybody who is out there lifting weights or hitting the cardio hard every day. Really no matter what your lifestyle it’s a great idea to take on daily. Your body uses up these vitamins and minerals as each day goes on and needs the extra boost from a daily dose of vitamins and minerals.

(2) Green Tea- Green Tea is a really great choice for anyone and everyone who is cutting or even bulking for that matter! Green tea is proven to aid in digestion, give you added antioxidants which are always great to have, and the caffeine in it has the ability to give you rapid fat loss according to recent studies.

(3) 100% Whey Protein- Whey protein is a great booster to anyone who is lifting weights because it helps put back all that protein that has been taken away while you’re lifting. Also you should choose whey over any other powder form because studies show that it has the most important amino acids needed for muscle growth! It is great for people trying to lose weight because the protein helps balance out blood-glucose levels which can be a killer for people who are dieting.

(4) Flaxseed Oil- Flaxseed oil is a very good source of fiber which is a nutrient that aids in fat loss. Flaxseed is one of the best sources you are ever going to find of Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s). In Recent studies they have been shown to reduce body fat. Overall this is a very important supplement that should be part of any cutters diet.

(5) Creatine Ethyl Ester (CEE)- Creatine ethyl ester is a no calorie supplement that is easily absorbed into muscle tissue unlike the monohydrates version. Since creatine draws water to it, the excess unabsorbed creatine just sits around and absorbs that water and causes the bloat. CEE does not do this making it a great product for any cutter who wants to make sure they aren’t going to lose muscle mass while they are cutting

To find out how many calories you need to consume when cutting, the first step is to find out just how much you need just to maintain your weight, for this your use the Basil Metabolic Rate (BMR). Using this equation will help you determine your maintenance caloric intake using variables such as caloric expenditure, body fat, body weight, sex, and age. Once you determine this number you can set your goals for a week of weight loss.

For example, if you want to lose one pound of fat, you would theoretically have to have a 3500 calorie deficit each week which is 500 calories a day. So you would want to keep your caloric intake to -500 of your maintenance level each day for seven days to lose that one pounds per week.

Thanks for reading
    Zdcisme123
    Word up.

zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dang after all that research i figured it owuld be fairly easy to decide what order to put those foods in but really it took me quite awhile to come to the decision i made there!
    Word up.

CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Here is my response for this week. Thanks for reading

Edit// Added spacing in between foods and supplements to make the article easier to read.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CinciBoy23; 04-23-2006 at 04:47 PM.
    I ain't straight outta compton, I'm straight out the trailer

cincinnati bengals fan. WHOOOO DEEYYYY

Go Hard or Go Home <Deadlifter>'s Avatar
    <Deadlifter> has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Nutrition while on "Cutting"

No matter if you prepare for a contest or you are just an ordinary bodybuilding fan who is dedicated to exercising one always encounters the phase of their trainining and nutritional regiment that is called "Cutting" phase. Here, however, experts are convinced that proper nutrition is EXTREMELY important. It is THE key to a ripped and sexy body. Thus here are the most important aspects, tips and valuable information that will help you succeed in shredding the fat.

------------------------20 BEST foods for Cutting---------------------------------

1. WATER - It is THE nutrient that sustains life. Over 70% of your organic tissue is composed of water. When on a diet one should consume about 4-8 liters of water a day and NEVER go under 3lt. If you don't get plenty of water the weight training and cardio will simply dehydrate you and then you begin to considerably lose energy, anabolism diminishes and fat burning is put on hold (a good idea is always to have a bottle of fresh water to carry with you because one often forgets to drink untill he becomes thirsty- which is WRONG).

2. FISH - Fish is a wonderful source of protein. It not only has a higher biological value than that of chicken breast or red meat, but it also contains consideravly lesser amount of fat. The important thing is that the fish is the perfect source of nutrients while cutting because it is superb protein source (you need a lot of protein while cutting >2.2gr/pound bodyweight) and it contains mostly unsaturated fat a.k.a. Omega-3 fats that are composed of the organic substances EPA and DHA which are crucial for maintaining a superb cardiovascular health, brain and nerve function. Fish in general is the perfect meat while cutting and meat as we know is THE food of dieting bodybuilders.

3. OATS - the perfect source of carbohydrates while cutting and on a diet. When one diets down he should try to get rid of all the simple sugars (sugar, chocolate, cakes, white bread etc.) because thay create an insulin spike that ENDs tha fat burning process..unfortunately. Bodybuilders should integrate complex carbs such as oats because they are "time released" and are full of vitamins minerals and essential fibers. Perfect for a diet!

4. Egg (egg whites) - Eggs are the food with the highest protein biological value (around 90). One egg white contains 0 gr fat, 3-4 gr protein, 17 calories - it is a perfect choice when dieting. Egg whites are easy to make and are the best choice while on a diet because they contain a lot of BCAA that are crucial for preserving lean muscle tissue.

5. Vegetables - Green vegetable are very important when cutting because they help you speed up your metabolism by helping the stomach digest food easily and also by supplying the body with vitamins and minerals.

6. Chicken - As 8 times Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman always says "Good old chicken! ". Chicken Breasts are the most popular source of protein for bodybuilders because they are easy to find, low in fat and high percentage of protein (23gr/100gr meat). Many bodybuilders choose chicken breasts while cutting.

7. Brown Rice - Superb carbohydrate source. Slow release of carbs that maintain normal insulin release which is good for fat burning.

8. Grapefruits - They contain Naringin. This is a powerful natural fat burning substance that makes you sweat a lot more and thus facilitates fat burning and eliminates excess water. Also it is composed of low glycimic carbs that do not create an insulin spike.

9. Apples - They contain another powerful fat burning substance called Pektin that destroyes fat cells.

10. Broccoli - Superb source of carbs and fibers that help control and maintain normal metabolism and stomach functions.

11. Rye Bread - Good source of carbs with low glycemic value, good for cutting.

12. Tomatoes - Tomatoes are very good vegetables because thay contain Licopen. This substance helps in muscle recupperation while on high intensity training with low carbs.

13. Fat Free Milk (Skim Milk) - it contains valuable casein protein that helps preserve muscle tissue for longer periods ( 7hr max) while on a diet. The only problem is associated with the lactose that is sometimes easily stored as fat and not tolerated by the stomach.

14. Almonds - Good source of EFA. Good source of fats while dieting.

15. Walnuts - Another good source of EFA. Good source of fats while dieting.

16. Peanut Butter - Again a good source of EFA's. . It also contains protein and it is pretty delicious. Consider using it on breakfast mainly.

17. Spinach - It is a wonderful vegetable that contains a lot of vitamins and minerals. Very valuable when dieting in order to get neccessary nutrients, Better not boil it a lot in order ot preserve nutrients.

18. Garlic - This is one of the most ancient foods that people have used for its anti-catabolic and anti-estrogenic properties. Reinforces the immune system and helps preserve muscle while cutting.

19. Sweeteners* - I advice using sweeteners while cutting and NOT sugars. Sugars shouls be left to MINIMUM!

20. Lemons- These are one of the most famous fruits. Very good for burning fat because they contain valuable fat burning substances and contain a lot of vitamin C.

----------------------------5 Best Supplements For Cutting----------------------

1. Whey Protein - Nothing beats Whey when it comes to cutting because it is imperative to consume a lot of protein during dieting. Whey protein helps speed up metabolism, reduce catabolism, replenish muscle with amino acids and contains minimum carbs and no fat at all (max<1gr). Whey protein is the protein with the highest protein value 100-103 and thus is a superb choice when it somes to replacing a meal or recupperating after training. Use Whey in order to enchance nitrogen balance.

2. Multi-Vitamin - When you are on cutting one usually limits the variety of foods that he consumes and thus is at risk of not getting enough vitamins and minerals. Thus consume a daily complex that has all the vitamins and minerals. Be sure to get higher amounds of vitamins B6, B12, C, E, Chromium, Iron. You shouls consider getting at least 30 mg Zink per day in order to help Testosterone production function well.

3. BCAA- Imperative while cutting! Branched Chain Amino Acids can directly influence protein synthesis and preserve muscle tissue. When dieting BCAA help burn fat and preserve intramuscular protein and Glutamine levels. Consider taking 5 gr per day, when dieting 10gr.

4. L-Carnitine - L-Carnitine is the most important supplement when it comes to fat burning dynamics. It helps fat pass the cell membrane and thus it significantly speeds up fat metabolism. It aslo increases the androgenic receptors in the muscle and it is very healthy for the cardiovascular system. Consider taking 2-4 gr per day, preferably in liquid form.

5. Caffeine - A superb supplement. Main ingredient of the cofee, it helps speed up metabolism, adrenaline release, fat burning properties. It also helps elevate energy levels that is crucial while training on a low carb diet. Consider taking around 200mg a day.

-------How does one determine how many calories they should consume when cutting?------

General Rule - Burn more calories than you consume. In other words one should have a negative caloric balance. If a person for example consumes 3500 calories a day it is IMPERATIVE to burn more that 3500! Otherwise fat burning cannot occur efficiently.

*When a person begins his diet/cutting phase he shouls slowly reduce the amount of calories that he consumes. The first weeks he could reduce the amount by 10%, week 2 15 %, week 3 20%, week 4 25 %, week 5 35 %...This may not show fast results, but it will surely preserve the muscle mass at most and it will not put hte organism on stress.

*When one diet he shouls not cut calories at once because the body superresponds by storing even more fat, This mechanism is called "survival mechanism" and is not something that you would like to happen to you.

*Try to get the neccessary amount of calories MAINLY from protein, EFA and complex carbs.

*Avoid drastic caloric cutts because this can significantly reduce testosterone levels and elevate cortisol, which is the LAST thing that a bodybuilder wants.

* Try to cycle caloric intakes so that your body is constantly in "fat burning" mode

These were the basic principles of a solid nutrition program while cutting. Try to remember at least the most important ones and do not forget: YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT

Article by <Deadlifter>

Comeback2006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cutting Efficiently

Diet plays a large role in Cutting and Shredding those muscles for perfection.

Therefore food consumption needs to monitored so that mass is not loss but definition is heightened as fat covering muscles is lost. (The ripped look)
    The main components to achieve this result is a slight deficit caused by more training volume or restricted diet. The food plan in both of these options should contain a high perecentage of protein, some good fats (not saturated), and whole grain complex carbohydrates.
    Meals with a combination of these components with a restricted diet will achieve cutting.
    I would recomend a 500 calorie deficit anymore and muscle can be lost and u will lose the full looking to your muscles.

Twenty best foods- I will break them to into 4 categories Protein, Whole grains, Fruit and Vegetables, and Fat

Protein

1)Tuna- Very dense protein source which can be used in many ways and it comes in can
    -with 15 grams protein, trvial fat, and some omega 3's their is no better source for protein

2) Chicken or Turkey- again has a lot of protein with a small amount of fat but also contains important nutrients like iron, as well its easily to prepare (grill,stir fry,bake, cook in olive oil) Perfect for salads, sandwiches, wraps

3) Salmon- Yes this food does contain a decent amount of fat but this fat is vert worth it because of the omega 3's which countless health benefits. Yes salmon does still have a large portion of protein. Both Salmon and tuna are very good fish protein sources because they do not contain harmful things like mercury which is found in large quantities in Swordfish. The best thing about salmon is that the fat from it is very filling and will allow for the completion of a restriction diet. The fat from salmon is more filling then any oil and is just as healthy. Salmon can be prepared many ways, a very healthy way is to spread grey Poupon mustard and then gtill.

4) Lean Ground Beef- 90% or better
    Many wouldn't include this in a cutting diet but the Iron in beef is extremely important for athletes. Iron helps carry oxygen to muscles which aids in recovery and ability to train. Lean cuts of meat are the best source of iron. Yes their are other sources of Iron but they arent absorbed as readily. To help absorption vitamin C should be eaten with an Iron source. Also what tastes better then hamburger and whats looks better then a 8 pack with it?
    5) Cottage Cheese
    The casein protein makes this protein slowly digested allowing the body the absorb more protein as a whole. This is great to stay anabolic and prevent catabolic time periods between meals especiallyl when sleeping.
    6) Skim Milk
    Another source of casein protein and helps provide calcium needed for muslces and weight loss efficiency. At 8grams and 90 calories per 8 oz this can help boost protein and can be used in recovery and breafast meals.
    7) Eggs-
    They have awesome amino acid profiles containg Leucine and Arginine which keeps the body anabolic. Yes saturated fat is contained in the yolk therefore the amount of yokes should be limited to 1 or 2 per serving. Instead consume more whites. Get some veggies in for breakfast with 5 egg whites, and 1 yolk with some brocolli/spinach and a piece of WW toast and an orange for a tasty breakfast.

Whole Grains

8)Oatmeal= King of Breakfast
    oatmeal gives a good amount of carbohydrates to fuel your workouts also it fills you up with soluble and insoluble fiber. In addition it is another iron source to help prevent overtraining.
    9)Quinoa- Is another great grain for cutting because it gives more protein and fiber then brown rice. Therefore it can fill u up and it also has a crunchy taste.
    10)Wheat Bread- Stay away from the multigrain its a myth and contains additional calories and its taste can be a little weird. WHole grain wheat bread from peperidge farm is very good and perfect for a turkey sanwich at lunch.
    11) Bran- This is good for cereals, and can be made for dinner carb. contains a lot of fiber. It is not as good as oatmeal but profucts like All Bran cereal and Bran hot cereals with a lean protein source can be a great way tp start the day.

Vegetables and Fruits- no fruit juices

12) Cantaloupe- This good source of necessary sugar and has a percentage of water. Also Chris Carmichael rates this fruit as being one of the most nutrient dense per calorie consumed. Combine with cottage cheese for snack or breakfast.
    13) Sweet Potato- Leave skin on. This is the most nutrient dense vegetable along with spinach. It contains necceasry electrolytes to keep those muscles firing and gives complex carbohydrates with out a price of rasing ur blood sugar levels.
    14) Spinach- USe in repleace of iceberg lettuce because of nutrient density. Also place on sandwiches and wraps.
    15) Orange- This fruit provides the daily requirement value of vitamin C which has been proven in recent studies to be a factor in weight loss.
    16) Blueberries- a great fruit with many health benefits and can be used with oatmeal and cottage cheese to further balance meals.
    17) Beans- Black beans, kidney, pinto are all great night time carbohydrates because they have fiber and protein whihc stop u from overeating mantaining that plan for a cut body.
    18) Broccoli- Make sure u eat raw or cooked until still crunchy to allow for maximum nutritional profile. Considered one of the best vegetables and can taste great in salads or steamed.

Fats and Oils
    19) Peanut butter and other nuts- Make sure u purchase the organic kind so u dont have deal with trans fats and perservatives. Eating clean is very important to flush all the toxins out of your body. Peanut butter contain good fat that fills u up and can be used a treat. It contains fiber as well. (Power butter is a higher protein alternative) Almonds- Another great provider of Fats and protein. The unsalted or salted versions can be eaten. Some salt will taste good so eat in moderation. Also some salt will be needed to mantain electrolyte balance
    20) Olive Oil- everyone knows this. Olive Oil provides some fat and prevents the body from switching to starvation mode and losing muscle. Use for salad dressing with balsamic vinegar.

Supplements- Yes they are supplements and should play only minor roles in our plan for a beach ready body.

1) Optimum Whey Protein- Use after work out, cheap, and contains great amino acid profile along 24 g protein for 120 caLORies.
    2) Green Tea has good in gredients and tastes good. Also caffefine to give u spark to complete those last few reps and promote fat loss.
    3)Protein Bar- Only if need or put into the situation or used for recovery or preworkout or as a dessert
    The best on the market are Odwalla Super Protein - 16 grams of protein with 4.5 grams fat with 230 calories also they are 70% organic to help eating clean.
    Also the Power Bar Whole grain bars are very good but do not contain as much protein. (10g) Peanut Butter Choc chip very tasting for 240 cals, 4 grams fat, and10 grams protein
    4)Creatine- This well help keep a lean body and promote a low cody fat percentage.
    5) Flax Seed Oil- Can help give good fats and omege 3's. One of best foods or supplement for weight loss especially fat.

USe one of the calorie need calculator and find out your needs then subtract 500 calories. Then split your needs so about 40-45% are carbs, 40 % protein, and 15 percent fat. Remember drink 2 glasses of water when u get up and right before u sleep. Break meals so that atleast 4 meals are eaten. Also drink 10oz water with each meal. Best of Luck

gini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

I'd watch out for that spinach guys. It is one of the few veggies that significantly decreases intestinal calcium absorbtion. It is therefore a good vegetable to consume, but not too often...not everyday at least.

I guess WATER is no 1

Protein:

1) egg whites
    2) turkey / chicken breast
    3) fish ( raw in sushi anytime possible!!!)
    4) ground horsemeat and Bison --they're both huge on protein and very lean, often leaner than the leanest ground beef you can find. To my stomach they're also more filling than the usual tuna-chicken-turkey fest
    5) soy bean fresh boiled ( called edamame in japonese)
    6) Most nuts ( besides pinenuts and maybe cashews because you just can't stop )
    7) cottage cheese

Fibres and carbs

oats
    carrots
    broccoli
    sweet potatoes
    cucumber ( takes a really long time to digest)
    rice
    tapioca

Mangos and Pinneaple--just because they're my favorite in the whole wide-world.

Supps

multivitamin
    whey protein shake
    green tea
    caffeine
    fish oil caplets--omega 3
    Adding ginger in foods --it is a natural stimulant , it is very good for blood circulation , it also increases body temperature...Although do not take within 4 hours of bedtime!!!

Thanks for stopping and reading
    bye-bye
    Last edited by gini; 04-23-2006 at 05:31 PM.

An Official Slayer lordofsinghs's Avatar
    lordofsinghs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    nice information... thx... but wht abt soybeans? i think we all know its value... so it wud be better if we add soybeans into the list...

gini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A small precision ; I'm not talking about the soy germ ( which is good nonetheless) but about the full grown soybean. It kind of looks like a sweet pea pod.

Obrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Some really good information in here so far, I've definitely benefited greatly from this thread already. Thanks to all posters!

Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wink ...

***20 BEST FOOD FOR CUTTING***

1) Chicken breast for shure
    2) Tuna in cans
    3) Fat Free Cottage Cheese
    4) Shrimps
    5) Fish (Salmon or Tilapia)
    6) Eggs and Egg whites especially
    7) Lean Beef
    8) Green Apples
    9) Broccoli
    10) Green beans
    11) Green salad leafs
    12) Berries
    13) OATS
    14) Brown Rice
    15) Bananas
    16) Low Fat or Fat Free Milk
    17) Kefir
    18) Cucumbers
    19) Nuts (peanuts, almonds)
    20) Oranges

***Suppliements***
    1) WHEY with lowest amount of carbs
    2) multivitamins
    3) fish oil capsules / maybe some flax seed oil
    4) l-carnetine
    5) a lot of green tea

***AND FOR SURE LITTERS OF WATER***
    "Theres nothing a treadmill cant burn off.."

Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bananas? Great for cutting? Ah, I only eat a banana with an ON protein shake either before or after workout for fuel and/or replenishment.
    Idiotic and inconsequential people are still idiotic and inconsequential.

Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm not talking about tonns of bananas, I'm eating only one a day (in the middle of the day) with my ff cc as a good sourse of carbs. What's wrong with that?

**Under Construction** E_Scapegoat's Avatar
    E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nuts are below bananas?!?! youve got to be kidding me!
    NPTI Certified PT

Originally Posted by E_Scapegoat
    nuts are below bananas?!?! youve got to be kidding me!
    It's just the list. I haven't put it in a special order, just top 20 withour giving a rate to each..
    And I'm trying not to eat nuts very often cause it's difficult to eat right size portion Anyway don't be so serious

themurder2005 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) themurder2005 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The best food for cutting

haa... i've just finished my bulking session and that's the time for my cutting session

Our mission : Kill the fats

Fats is most thing that hide the difinition of the muscle , so.. here is some tips to defeat the enemy .
    first of all we must make calories defecit arund 1500 - 2000 calorie from protien , carbohydrates and good source of fats ( 50% protien , 30% carbohydraets , 20% fats ) ,so we can attack them easily in short period of time our most effecient weapon is CARDIO 20 minutes of high intesnsity cardio 3 times a week is very good .

The best 20 best food for cutting
    proper nutration is the key of succes to good fat loss :
    first of all , protien it is a must food for cutting and bulking but when cutting you should increase the protien intake for avoiding muscles loss however , here is the best 20 food for cutting

Metabolism increasing drink

1- Caffeine : it has prove that the caffiene is very benefical in losing fats becuse it increase the the metabolism and heart rate and by that its boost you enegy so you can do better cadio, not only that its increase mental alertness so you shold like to drink some coffe an tea but it is recommanded to limit your intake to 250 mg per day and dont consume it 4 hours before going to sleep

2- water : there is no too much about the water , although it is very important for fat loss becuse it increase you metabolism
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

protien sources
    3- Eggs : egg protien is good espicialy before you sleep becuse it is slowly absorbed , however you should only take the egg white since the yello contain alot of fats and cholesterol
    4- Chiecken breast : this food is great it contain alot of protien and very few fats great taste too (i think you tried it before ) i really like that stuff
    5- non- fat milk : good source of protien low in fats and crbohydrates but the best part thats it contain 80% casine protien and 20% of why protien , it is a good choice if you take it after a wrokout if you dont have whey protien supplement and before going to bed with some other why protien
    6- Turkey : that stuff is the king very high in protien low in fats and cabohydrats and for sure great taste ,, delecious
    7-Tuna : tuna is the best food for bodybuilder it is very high on protien and low in fats and cabohydrates and it is ver easy to make it just open the can , my daily intake of protien depends on tuna
    8- Cottage cheese : another good source for casine protien it will be very smart choice befor bed i always take a cub of milk and 4 eggs white and cottake cheese beefor going to bed , that make me feel good the nest day
    9- Fish : good source of protien , creatine not much and it is contain omega-3 however omega-3 is very good for brain function and cardio health .
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fruits :
    10- Fruits : a very good source of diffrent vitamins but void too much from it
    11- Orange : low in calorie and excellent source of vitamin C
    12- Lemon : Another good source of vitamin c which is good for the immune system and also some recent studies proof that is has some fat burning substance , cool stuff .
    13 - Grapefruits : every fat loss diet i've seen i foun the grupefruit and i decide to know why , first of all its contain low calorie and narinign ( good for fat burning) .
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Vegetables :
    14-Vegtebales : another must food that you sould consume it , it has many vitamis and minerals , increase the metabolism and the good part it help the stomac digesting food
    15- Spanich : ever watched papy's show , a good source of minerals and iron
    16-Beans : good source of fiber and protien and it make your stomack full so you will not overeat.
    17- soy beans : It is a complete protien with the best in the protien Digestibility correctes Amino acid score , and it is very low in or free of fat, cholestrol , and lactose
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Good fats and carbohydrates sources :
    18-Brown rice : slow carbohdrates source that is good for fat burning becuse it mainatin normal insulin release
    19- Olive oil : it contain some fat and prevent the body from losing muscle
    20 - penuts : contain some protien and good fats and i red before that is prevent you from heart attack .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The best 5 supplement for cutting :
    Optimum 100% whey protien : My personal and other millions peapole favorite a high source of the best protien ever whey protien it is quickly absorbed so it kick the recovery system fast , it is good to take it after your workout , and it is very low in carbohydrates and afats only 3 g of fats.
    Lipo-6 : a great fat burner supplement , i've tried it before it help to keep me lean without doing to much cardio and it is very good for energy.
    Creatine CEE : it will prevent you from losing muscles mass and it is unlike creatine monohydrates which reatin water and make you look like puffy CEE dosent do that .
    Animal pak : very high in vitamins and mineral and also it's contain digestive enzymes and performance optimizer and even amino acids however that will make you sure that you have good amount of vitamins .
    Optimum L-carnitine : it is an important amino acid that can help transport fat to the musclesto be burned as energy it also boost your metabolism
    The first thing you should determine it for proper fat loss nutration is determine yor metabolic rate and how much calorie you burn in the day there is athor factor that determine how many calories they should consume when cuttine like , age , sex, hight ,and weight
    there is accurate method called The harris-Benedict formula (BMR based on total body weight) it is a calorie formula using the factors of hight , weight , age and sex to determine basal metabolic rate (BMR)
    Men: BMR = 66 + (13.7 X weight in kg) + (5 X hight in cm) - (6.8 X age in years
    Women: BMR = 655 + (9.6 X wt in kg) + (1.8 X ht in cm) - (4.7 X age in years)

Conversion Note :
    1 kilogram = 2.2lbs
    1 inch = 2.54 cm
    Thats tips helped me alot i hope it help you too : )
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

,,,, Mission Acomplished , you are victorious

Originally Posted by Dashik
    It's just the list. I haven't put it in a special order, just top 20 withour giving a rate to each..
    And I'm trying not to eat nuts very often cause it's difficult to eat right size portion Anyway don't be so serious
    Nuts are great, but if you eat too much, you don't **** for 2 days lol.
    Started:
    Height-5'.9 1/2"
    Weight-165
    Body fat%-16

Forum Register:
    Height-5'.9 1/2"
    Weight-182
    Bodyfat %-11

Currently:

Arnold is the Man

Lomox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lomox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lomox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lomox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lomox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lomox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lomox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lomox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lomox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lomox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lomox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Greek God
    Oats... Oh, and FYI, one serving is only 1/4 a cup!!!
    My container says 1/2 cup dry = 1 serving.

27g carb
    5g protien
    150 cal

I make 1/2 cup of oats with 2 full cups of water and nuke for 5 minutes in a giant bowl. It makes it seem like twice as much oats and a little brain trickery never hurts.
    Height: 6' 2.5"

Weight: Was 320lbs with about 9000%BF - now 200lbs 11-12%BF.

Present goals: Single digit BF, and bringing my chest out more.

nsitka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It’s that time of year again. You’ve spent all winter putting in lots of hard work to add pound after pound after pound of solid muscle. Your legs look like tree trunks, your arms are tearing the sleeves on your shirt and your abs are... wait, where are your abs? Why doesn’t your chest look as defined as it did before? Did Santa bring you love handles for Christmas? Yes, you’ve also put on a few pounds of fat, which is pretty much unavoidable during a bulking phase. Now you’ve got to get rid of that unsightly tissue in time for beach season. It’s time to jump on that elliptical machine, up your reps in the weight room and begin THE CUTTING DIET! Are you pumped? No? Well, I can’t blame you. Nobody likes being caught in the fearful grip of the inevitable muscle loss. Not to mention the oh-so booooring cardio sessions, and, of course, a drastic reduction in caloric intake. Well, rest your fears; the muscle loss is minimal and your fat loss... uh, maximal, provided your cardio and diet are done correctly.

Cardio is so boring. Can’t I just do weights?

-NO! You need to do both during a cutting cycle. If you overdo it in the weight room, you’ll antagonize your physique by over-training your muscles. I actually enjoy cardio; I have a portable DVD player that I put on the front panel of the elliptical machine and watch DVDs. (Of course, at 30-40 minutes per session, it now takes a week to watch a movie, so don’t plan on this method for the new release rentals, or you’ll go bankrupt from late fees.) The benefits of cardio are maximized if you do it on an empty stomach, as your body’s glycogen (carbohydrate) stores have been depleted, and the needs to turn to fat for energy. It is argued that cardio should be done twice a day, with shorter sessions, instead of one long one. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drryan6.htm

Does this mean I shouldn’t eat carbs?

-Absolutely not! Low/no carb dieting works on the principle of ketosis, where the body, having used up all carbohydrates (the body’s main source of energy) in your system, turns to other sources to burn for energy, namely fat. However, the body also burns protein (i.e. muscle) in the process, causing muscle-breakdown and the dreaded “skinny fat” look. In addition, this type of dieting is very unhealthy, causing such problems as nausea, headaches, irritability, fatigue, constipation and complications with the kidneys... and the weight loss is temporary. Carbs are your friend; just make sure you get the right kind. Slow-burning complex carbohydrates, which are low on the glycemic index (GI), will create less of a rise in insulin levels, which causes excess calories to be stored as body fat. However, simple carbs (sugars) are very high on the GI; they do raise insulin levels, which stops the fat burning process.

What foods are best for cutting?

-Well, there are many foods which offer different benefits to a cutting cycle. To rank them in one list, protein sources vs. carb sources vs. fat sources is like comparing apples and... wait, it’s even worse than that. I’ve broken it down into protein, carbs and fats, as well as including a snack section.

Protein:

Tuna: A staple of any bodybuilding diet, tuna is high in protein and also contains DHA and EPA omega-3 fatty acids (the “good” fat”), which not only lower triglyceride (the chemical form of fat) levels, but also promote heart health.

Salmon: High in protein, salmon is also THE source of omega- 3s, higher than tuna, and is rich in vitamins.

Ground turkey: Looking for a substitute for ground beef? A very good source of lean protein, ground turkey is also rich in vitamin B6, which is essential in the processing of carbohydrates and the breakdown of glycogen.

Chicken breast: Lean, mean protein. Almost no fat, no carbs and tastes great. Another bodybuilding staple, whether bulking or cutting.

Egg whites: As chicken is to dinner, as tuna is to lunch, egg whites are to breakfast. Egg whites are a slower protein source, releasing protein into your body for 3 hours after ingestion. It also has the highest protein efficiency rating (PER) of all protein sources at 3.9 (as opposed to whey’s 3.2.).

Cottage cheese: Rich in slow-release casein protein, contains few carbs and no fat (provided you get the non-fat stuff).

Skim milk: Another great source of casein protein. Mix it into your whey shakes to give your body a combination of fast and slow-release proteins. (Also makes shakes taste better).

Carbs: So simple, it’s complex:

Oats: Another staple of bodybuilding, oats are rich in dietary fiber, contain a healthy amount of low-G.I. carbs and contain beta-glucan, which is shown to stabilize blood sugar. An easy way to get oats into your diet is to blend it into a protein shake or MRP.

Brown rice: Wow. The nutritional benefits of brown rice would make an article in and of itself. Aside from being an excellent source of low-G.I. carbs, brown rice is very rich in manganese, which helps your body synthesize fatty acids, maintains normal insulin levels and optimizes thyroid function, which increases fat loss.

Whole grain bread: Whole grains are rich in fiber and vitamins. When they are refined, most of these are lost. They are lower on the G.I., which will leave you feeling full, longer than white bread, bagels and baguettes.

Broccoli/Cucumber/Green pepper: Loaded with fiber and vitamins, low on the calories. Add to any meal, or have them raw with some low fat dip (e.g. hummus, salsa).

Beans (black, kidney): “The musical fruit” is a very good source of low-GI carbs and are packed with anti-oxidants, which prevent cellular damage caused by free-radical oxygen particles. White kidney bean extract is the chief ingredient in many carb-blocking supplements, as it reduces the rate at which starch is converted into sugar.

The Fats of Life:

Avocado: A good source of monounsaturated (good) fats. Lowers levels of LDL (low-density lipoprotein, or "bad fat") and triglycerides.

Olive oil: Olive oil helps control blood sugar levels. Additionally, it is he best source of oleic acid, an omega-9 fatty acid, which can lower blood levels of cholesterol. Olive oil makes a great substitute for cooking oil or butter.

Almonds: The combination of vitamin E and flavonoids found in almond skins are a potent anti-oxidant. They also contain a healthy amount of protein and carbs and are a good source of fiber.

Walnuts: Walnuts are packed with omega-3 fatty acids and are also an excellent source of manganese.

Snacks:

Okay, these foods may not technically be as strong a contributor to a cutting diet than other sources listed above, or others omitted, but at some point during your cycle, you’ll be tempted to have a snack. Well, when you’re craving something sweet, instead of reaching for the chunky chews, have a piece of fruit.

Apples: Low on the G.I., apples are also loaded with anti-oxidants and are a good source of dietary fiber and vitamins C and K

Prunes: One of the lowest G.I. fruits, prunes are a good source of dietary fiber, which promotes regularity.

Bananas: Pre-packaged, a great source of energy, and loaded with potassium, which is essential for maintaining a healthy blood pressure and heart function.

Blueberries: Noble destroyer of the free radicals! Blueberries have the highest level of antioxidants of any fruits or vegetables. They’re also a good source of fiber and vitamin c.

It should also be noted that I have not ranked grapefruit in my above list, although many will argue that it should be. The reason being that the active bioflavonoid narangin, which assists in lipid metabolism, really only has a noticeable effect when combined with caffeine, as it extends the rate at which caffeine is broken down, thereby prolonging its thermogenic effect. Anybody who is interested in taking stimulants as part of their cutting cycle should check with their doctor first.

Supplements:

You still have your Whey protein, creatine, nitric oxide, and multi from your bulking phase. Well, don’t put them on the shelf just yet; you’ll still need them on lifting days. But there are other supplements that are good to take for cutting. Some people will supplement with thermogenics, however, others are sensitive to stimulants, and, as such, may not want to use them. So, I’ve offered this list of safer alternatives.

CLA: Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) decreases the amount of fat stored after eating, decreases the number of fat cells, increases the rate of fat metabolism and the rate of fat breakdown in fat cells. Read more here:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cla.html

Sesamin: Increases fat oxidation and decreases lipogenesis (fat storage). Read more here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beast21.htm

Casein: Slow-release protein. Perfect before bed to prevent muscle loss, and on cardio days when the fast-acting benefits of whey aren’t as important. Mix with peanut butter, and you’ve got a great combo of protein and healthy fat. Read more here:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mic.html

Flax oil: The best source of alpha-linoleic acid, which increases insulin sensitivity. Reduces body fat and accelerates recovery time. Read more here:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/flax.html

Carb Blockers/Fat Blockers: Every now and then something comes up where we’re going to have to cheat on our diet, be it a social event or our own personal cravings. There are supplements which will block some of the carbs and some of the fats. Read more here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/carbblock.htm
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/fatblock.htm

I might also suggest a fiber supplement for people on a carb-cycling program.

nsitka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    (continued from above)

The first step is to determine your resting metabolic rate (RMR). This can be done here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/calrmr.htm

Then add the amount of calories burned through activity. This can be done here:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/calcal.htm

You now have your maintenance level. To lose weight, you must create a caloric deficit. Not too much, mind you, or else your body will go into starvation mode and slow your metabolism down. A good amount is 500 calories per day. Spread out over the course of a week, it equals 3,500 calories, or roughly one pound. So if your RMR is 2,000 calories, and you expend an additional 500 calories in exercise, your maintenance would be 2,500 calories. Therefore, you should consume 2,000 calories per day. However, you should not jump into this directly after a bulking cycle, as the sudden drop in calories would shock your system and slow down your metabolism. In a bulking cycle you would aim for a 500-calorie surplus over your maintenance level, which, following the formula above, would be 3,000 calories per day; you would be reducing your caloric intake by 1/3rd. The best thing to do is to ease into it over a 4-week period: 2,750 calories per day for the 1st week, 2,500 the 2nd week, 2,250 the 3rd week, then down to 2,000 in the 4th.

Good luck to everyone on their cutting cycle.

bitterplacebo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bitterplacebo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here you go.
    Attached Files

b0dybu1ld3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) b0dybu1ld3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) b0dybu1ld3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) b0dybu1ld3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) b0dybu1ld3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) b0dybu1ld3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) b0dybu1ld3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) b0dybu1ld3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) b0dybu1ld3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) b0dybu1ld3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) b0dybu1ld3r is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Introduction

Cutting is a necessity among virtually all bodybuilders today. During bulking bodybuilders usually aim to gain as little fat as possible, but too often much more fat is added than they would prefer. Therefore, most bodybuilders will cut down on the calories and/or increase cardio during "cutting phases". This is done to decrease body-fat as much as possible, while hopefully maintaning muscle mass to the fullest.

Muscle loss is a big issue, and is what causes many to avoid cutting altogether! Many foods and supplements have been found to help decrease muscle loss or thwart it completely. Another issue is metabolic "slow-down", which can occur after long periods of dieting.

What are the 20 best foods for cutting?
    (listed in no particular order)

Tuna – Tuna is a great source of lean protein, with very little fat and no carbs. Good source of omega-3 fatty acids. Tuna is also rich in selenium, magnesium, potassium, and the B vitamins niacin, B1, and B6.

Enova Oil – A great source of fat, especially while cutting. Increases the body's ability to burn fat, and may improve apetite control and energy. Has a nice light taste as well, and goes well with many foods.

"DAG oil consumption over a period of 3 months has been shown also to significantly reduce serum triglyceride levels of type II diabetics with fasting hypertriglyceridemia. Long-term DAG consumption (16 wks) prevented the accumulation of body fat and body weight in Japanese men (n=38) in a double blind controlled study with unrestricted carbohydrate energy intake." (http://ift.confex.com/ift/2004/techp...aper_21728.htm)

Spinach – Spinach is extremely high in Vitamin C, as well as Vitamin A, Vitamin E, and many antioxidants. Also high in folic acid and iron, spinach has been shown to be quite potent in the prevention of cancer. Spinach is also great to eat alongside your red meat, as its chlorophyll neutralizes the haem, which can cause colon cancer.

Grapefruit – Great source of Vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. Also high in folate, iron, and calcium. Grapefruit is one of the best fruits to use while cutting as it contains naringin, which is known to be helpful for fat-loss, and is also known to increase the body's ability to absorb Vitamin C.

Words of caution however: Grapefruit may interact with many different medications. It is recommended that if you are on any medications, that you check whether or not grapefruit will interact with the medication. This is because grapefruit juice can increase the absorption of many medications significantly.

Eggs / Egg Whites – Eggs are a complete protein source, and contain many vitamins and minerals inluding Vitamin A, B6, B12, riboflavin, folate, iron, phosphorus, and zinc. I recommend both whole eggs and egg whites, but you must remember to cook your egg whites if you are going to eat them alone. This is because raw egg whites contain avidin, which is very effective at binding biotin. This could lead to a deficiency if they are not cooked properly or taken along with the yolk.

Skim / Low-Fat Milk – Milk contains a good amount of high-quality protein, and also a moderate amount of carbs. It is a good idea to sip on skim milk between meals, as it is fairly anti-catabolic. Milk is high in calcium, which may aid in fat-loss. Milk is rich in Vitamin D and K and also contains lactoferrin, which is a powerful anti-oxidant. The CLA in milk may also be useful in reducing body-fat and preventing certain types of cancer.

Non-Fat / Low-Fat Cottage Cheese – High in protein, and low in fat. Also a great source of calcium, cottage cheese is great to use while cutting. Cottage cheese is especially useful for eating before bed, as it will help prevent catabolism during the long night. It is a great natural source of glutamine. Cottage cheese is much cheaper than casein as well, so if you don't mind the taste, then it is highly recommended that you go pick some up during your cutting phases!

Salmon – Great source of Omega 3. Also a high-quality protein source, containing all essential amino acids. Rich in Vitamins A, D, B6, and B12.

Beans – Great for controlling appetite, and are fairly inexpensive. Also having a great source of fiber, beans are quite nutrient-dense. The carbohydrates in beans are quite low GI (glycemic-index) as well, which makes them slightly more suitable for a cutting diet.

Oatmeal – High-quality source of carbohydrates, and contains a moderate amount of protein. Great for post-workout, especially while cutting, so that you may avoid simple sugars. Helpes to keep you full, mostly due to its high fiber content. Oatmeal is also great for lowering cholesterol.

Olive Oil – Great source of healthy monounsaturated fats, and is also high in Omega 9 fatty acids. Contains powerful antioxidants as well. Make sure to get the "extra virgin" variety however, as it has more nutrients.

Walnuts – An excellent source of Omega 3s. Walnuts may also be helpful in lowering cholesterol. Also, walnuts are high in melatonin which can help with sleeping issues as well as protecting against cancer and heart disease. Walnuts are also known to be helpful for fat-loss.

"People following a moderate fat weight-loss diet, including peanuts and tree nuts, such as walnuts, were shown to improve weight-loss and keep weight off for a longer period of time than people following a traditional low fat diet." - International Journal of Obesity
    Last edited by b0dybu1ld3r; 04-26-2006 at 09:31 PM.
    Striving for quality in everything that I do.

Proverbs 21:5