Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)

134 days to first show!

After spending last winter on the fence about jumping into my first show, I've committed to doing it this year. I will be doing the NAABA Keystone Classic in Elizabethtown, PA on June 14th. I want to keep a log updated every few days with the progress I'm making in hopes to further motivate me.

As just about any first timer does, I looked to Layne's contest prep article for the majority of my diet advice. Currently it looks like:

Meal 1:
    2 eggs
    1 cup skim milk
    1 scoop ON Whey
    1 slice 15 grain bread
    1 large banana

Meal 2:
    1 can white albacore tuna
    5 oz broccoli or assorted veggies
    3 flax oil capsules
    1 oz almonds

Meal 3:
    6 oz chicken breast
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    5 oz broccoli or assorted veggies

Meal 4: (Pre-workout)
    6 oz sweet potato or brown rice
    2 slices 15 grain bread
    3 oz tilapia filet
    1 Tbsp Natty PB

Meal 5: (During workout)
    5 Tbsp Dextrose
    1/4 cup maltodextrin
    2 scoops ON whey

Meal 6: (Post workout)
    2 cups water
    1 cup raw oats
    2 scoops on whey

Meal 7:
    1 oz unsalted almonds
    2 scoops ON whey
    1 cup skim milk

TOTALS around 3300 calories, 340 P, 290 C, 90 F

As far as supplementation, I'm finishing up a 14 week Anabolic Xtreme cycle at which point I'll only be on a multi, Purple Wraath, Green MAG, Glycergrow, fish oil. I'm still on the fence about getting a fat burner thrown in there...

I'm a bit confused on the best way to go about organizing your workout pre-contest...I've just been doing straight sets lately trying to stay as heavy as possible to maintain muscle. I'm about 2 weeks into my diet as well. Pics to follow...

demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)

December pics

Attached are the latest pics I have taken which are back from before Christmas. I was at about 225 then and am down to 216 right now...a little bit leaner, but not much. I plan on getting pics taken this weekend if time allows and will get them posted up....

certified weightdestroyer Mikalis_m's Avatar
    Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    sweet man looks good...good luck on your first show! What weight class are you competing in? Dont forget to practice your posing.
    We're body builders. You have to love the pain....becuase pain....means.....results!

Machines don't fatigue. When I'm in the gym I suspend sanity, I become a machine.

Originally Posted by Mikalis_m View Post
    sweet man looks good...good luck on your first show! What weight class are you competing in? Dont forget to practice your posing.
    Unfortunately there are no weight classes, just height classes in NAABA. So being 6'1", I'm in the tall class without a doubt. I am competing in the Novice division, though from what I've seen last year, that can bring in some big mo fo's! Thanks for the well wishes...I figure if I can get completely shredded to the point of paper like skin, that could give me an edge...

Oh yeah...the pics

I guess it would have helped if I posted the pics...
    Attached Images

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I'm aboard

Should be a fun journey..i will be stopping in and checking things...Stick with your plan and you will be happy now matter what happens on stage....I just counted and I am 144 days from my first show...or there abouts..
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    Should be a fun journey..i will be stopping in and checking things...Stick with your plan and you will be happy now matter what happens on stage....I just counted and I am 144 days from my first show...or there abouts..
    Awesome...I was reading through your log earlier...you've made some good progress for sure! Best of luck and I'll see you at the finish line!

Back Workout

Hit the gym for a backworkout yesterday. Went alright except I'm frustrated with my inability to do any decent amount of pull-ups...

Close-Grip pull-ups: 1x6 (BW)
    Lat Bar Pulldown: 2x10(135lbs/180lbs), 2x8(185lbs,170lbs)
    Barbell Rows: 1x8(135lbs), 2x8(155lbs), 2x8(165lbs)
    DB Shrugs: 2x10(85lbs), 1x5(90lbs), 2x7(90lbs)
    Seated very wide cable rows: 1x10(135lbs), 1x10(180lbs), 1x8(180lbs)
    Close-Grip pull-ups: 1x4 (BW)

Not a horrible workout...first time I incorporated shrugs into my back routine instead of shoulders. Alot of the exercises I did I don't normally do, but wanted to change things up a bit...

130 days to go

Progressing...kind of... I haven't started doing cardio yet since I wanted to see how far I could get on a diet of 3200-3400 "clean" calories a day. Unfortunately I have been stalled around 217 for the last week or so.

Do you guys recommend starting cardio, say 3 days a week in lieu of cutting out carbs where I can?

Also, I have updated progress pics from a few days ago that I need to post later tonight. Still have a long way to go!

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Cardio

When I started doing cardio last year it completely changed my appearance and fat just melted off me without that much change in diet...if anything I ate more to offset the weight loss. I started with 20 minutes post workout 4 days a week and worked up to 40 minutes post workout and 30 minutes on my off day of HIIT.....

I would suggest adding a few session of cardio if you have stalled it seems to have a huge effect when used in conjunction with diet...I also made sure to drink Xtend while doing cardio....

Good luck....
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    good luck man!
    ***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

"It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help."

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    When I started doing cardio last year it completely changed my appearance and fat just melted off me without that much change in diet...if anything I ate more to offset the weight loss. I started with 20 minutes post workout 4 days a week and worked up to 40 minutes post workout and 30 minutes on my off day of HIIT.....

I would suggest adding a few session of cardio if you have stalled it seems to have a huge effect when used in conjunction with diet...I also made sure to drink Xtend while doing cardio....

Good luck....
    Sounds like a plan! I was actually down to 215 last night at the gym so I think I'll hold off on the cardio for at least another week. I'm starting to notice less fat around the mid-section so the diet is doing it's trick....nice and slow. Good advice on the cardio as well. I usually drink a little bit of Purple Wraath for some aminos while doing it.

Originally Posted by Crazymix View Post
    good luck man!
    Thanks Crazy!

Update Pics...130 days to go!

Here are some pics from last weekend that are a bit more up to date than my last ones. I was weighing about 217.5 in these pics...down about 2 pounds since then. Progressing well so far. Glad that my strength hasn't started to drop at all even though my calories are low and I'm dropping BF. Let me know your thoughts...
    Attached Images

CWells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CWells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CWells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CWells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CWells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CWells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CWells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CWells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CWells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CWells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CWells is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    its starting to come together
    Im currently 135 days away myself

Originally Posted by CWells View Post
    its starting to come together
    Im currently 135 days away myself
    Yeah...slowly but surely. If I didn't let myself go so much over the holidays I probably wouldn't have had to start at 20 weeks out, but I'm up for it. One of my biggest concerns isn't size, but that my right side is more developed due to participation in sports...

CWells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CWells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CWells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CWells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CWells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CWells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CWells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CWells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CWells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CWells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CWells is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    Yeah...slowly but surely. If I didn't let myself go so much over the holidays I probably wouldn't have had to start at 20 weeks out, but I'm up for it. One of my biggest concerns isn't size, but that my right side is more developed due to participation in sports...
    haha you and me both buddy
    yea you are definatly gettin leaner and you should do well

Today = Sick

Well I suffered a minor set back today regarding my dieting. I woke up at 4 AM this morning vomitting up my pre-bed protein and almonds. Continued with the naeusea and vomitting until about 11 AM or so. I'm pretty much recovered now (was just a minor stomach bug...felt like food poisoning though), just tired and weak from not being able to eat what I'm used to for most of the day... It worked out that today was a scheduled off day from the gym, so I need to make sure I get my meals in tomorrow in prep for chest/calves. I'm sure I'm going to be down a few pounds from water loss alone...

127 days to go

Well I was feeling well enough to get back in the gym tonight, though definitely not 100%. I thought for sure I'd come in light since yesterday was spent vomitting instead of eating, however, I jumped back up to 217 lbs. I'm feeling a bit leaner which makes me wonder if the initial switch to a clean diet could have had me lost a few lbs of fat but retain/gain a few lbs of muscle as well....probably just fluctuating water levels though.

Even though I wasn't feeling well, tried to hit the weights the best I could:

Dumbbell Flyes: 35x10, 50x10, 55x10, 55x10
    Decline Bench: 135x12, 185x8, 205x6, 205x5
    Incline DB Bench: 60x10, 65x8, 65x8
    Dips: BWx10, BWx10
    Calf Raise on Leg Press: 200x25, 290,x15, 320x12, 320x12
    Standing Calf Raise: 230x15, 230x15, 230x12, 180x15, 180x12, 180x12

Settling into diet...

It's been about 3 weeks now and I've pretty much settled into a routine as far as my diet is concerned. Right now I'm taking in:

3121 calories
    307.5 Protein
    304.1 carbs
    77 fats

This is spread throughout the day over 7 meals...

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    It's been about 3 weeks now and I've pretty much settled into a routine as far as my diet is concerned. Right now I'm taking in:

3121 calories
    307.5 Protein
    304.1 carbs
    77 fats

This is spread throughout the day over 7 meals...
    nice macros

Supplement stack going forward

I have yet to start a fat burner of any sort and right now just take 200 mg of caffeine anhydrous prior to my workout for energy. I'm still self motivated enough to get enough energy in the gym, but as my calories diminish and cardio increases I'm sure that will change. As a result, I'm thinking of starting the following stack starting about 16 weeks out (3 to 4 weeks from now):

ON Protein (of course)
    Animal Pak (considering 2 paks a day, one in AM and one before training)
    Flax Oil
    Gaspari SuperPump 250 (true that this will cover my creatine needs?)
    Purple Wraath (aminos for during workout)
    MHP Dren (have read some good things about this fat burner and interested in
    giving it a try)

That's all I've got. If there are any other "should haves" that will help me lean out and keep up my energy levels, let me know what I should consider. Thanks all!

Leg Day!

Heading off to the gym to torch some legs...let's get it done! Hope to post up some good results afterwards...

Leg day was....ugh... Still not feeling 100% but brought as much energy as I could to the workout and am thoroughly wiped for sure...weighed in at a slim 214 Though I'm always a few pounds lighter on the weekends because I work out in the AM instead of the evening...

Barbell squats: 135x10 ATG, 225x10, 275x8, 295x6, 225x8 ATG, 225x7
    One-legged Leg Press: 140x10, 160x10, 160x10
    SLDLs: 185x10, 185x10, 185x10
    Leg Extensions: 130x12, 140x12

Off to a wedding today...no alcohol for me though obviously. Keeping my eyes open for some chicken and potatos! Tomorrow it's back to work for an arm workout...

Talking

Originally Posted by CWells View Post
    nice macros
    Thanks chief...was using Layne's pre-contest article as a general guideline when planning it out...

125 days to go

Weighed in this morning at 213 lbs after a fairly light breakfast consisting of 1.5 cups of skim milk, 1 scoop of ON, a banana and a piece of 15 grain bread. Went over to the gym to hit arms and I must say, it was one of my best arm workouts in a long while. The pump I had in my triceps was great and my energy was high the entire workout. Can't wait to get back in there tomorrow to torch some shoulders!

Barbell Curls: 45x15, 85x10, 85x10, 90x8, 90x8
    Cable Rope pressdown: 80x15, 100x12, 120x10, 120x10
    Incline DB Curls: 35x10, 35x8, 35x5
    Skull Crushers: 65x10, 75x10, 75x10, 75x9
    Spider Curls: 65x12, 75x10, 75x8
    One arm cable pressdown: 80x12, 70x10, 80x9, 60x8

This stack?

Does anyone have any suggestions on things to add or take away regarding my stack I plan on starting at 14-16 weeks out?

122 days to go

Well I haven't seen much movement in my weight the past 2 weeks. Weighed in last night at 216 lbs, though my upper abs are starting to peak out from behind the blubber. I think starting next week I'm going to include some cardio 3 days a week for 15 minutes a pop to start and see how I progress. I'm sitting pretty at 3100 calories right now and carbs are decent. I would prefer to lose as much as possible without dropping calories too much in order to help hold onto the little mass I do have.

Tonight it's back to the gym for my 6th workout in a row to hit chest and then an off day tomorrow (thank god!)

Also, I haven't gotten any feedback regarding the stack I'm looking to start in the next couple weeks. Anybody feel like adding their 2 cents regarding what I need/don't need? Thanks a bunch!

I have yet to start a fat burner of any sort and right now just take 200 mg of caffeine anhydrous prior to my workout for energy. I'm still self motivated enough to get enough energy in the gym, but as my calories diminish and cardio increases I'm sure that will change. As a result, I'm thinking of starting the following stack starting about 16 weeks out (2 weeks from now):

ON Protein (of course)
    Animal Pak (considering 2 paks a day, one in AM and one before training)
    Flax Oil
    Gaspari SuperPump 250 (true that this will cover my creatine needs?)
    Purple Wraath (aminos for during workout)
    MHP Dren (have read some good things about this fat burner and interested in
    giving it a try)

That's all I've got. If there are any other "should haves" that will help me lean out and keep up my energy levels, let me know what I should consider. Thanks all!

^^^^...Anyone? Weighed in at 213 lbs tonight which is my lowest evening weigh in yet....slow and steady wins the race!

121 days to go

Off day today! I must say, hitting the weights six days a week gets mighty draining come day 6. Feels good though. I'm currently working on a more structured routine to follow for the last 13-14 weeks or so. Will post it up here once I have it finished, hopefully by the weekend. Keep it real!

- Stan

120 days to go

Hit the gym tonight for a leg workout. A friend of mine saw me loading up the squat rack and said I was crazy for doing legs on a Friday night. Not the easiest of bodyparts, but well worth the effort when you're done!

Weighed in at 213.5 and then went to work:

Barbell Squats:
    10x135, 10x225, 7x275, 4x315, 8x225 (ATG), 8x225 (ATG), 7x245 (ATG)

Leg Press:
    10x400, 8x490, 8x490

Superset Dumbbell Lunges/Leg Extension
    8x40/6x120, 6x40/6x110

SLDLS:
    155x10, 175x10, 185x11

Also did something new and cooked up a weeks worth of chicken, fish and brown rice, portioned it off and put it into the freezer so I don't have to be bothered with cooking much for the next 7 days. We'll see how that plays out...