Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126
Results 3,751 to 3,773 of 3773
    SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by justtryn View Post
    Hi guys - I haven't disappeared... I'm just not journaling here now. Sheesh. I've still been posting.
    That's good. Journaling does get cumbersome at times.
    Cannabis and synthetic supplements

justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by spaceclown View Post
    That's good. Journaling does get cumbersome at times.
    Sometimes it does, Tim... especially when you're not sure it's doing anyone anygood. That's ok though.

Good for you on the DC - I've started my Hybrid again. Puts me in the gym every other day. I forgot how it kicks my ass!
    When the last deer disappears into the morning mist,
    When the last elk vanishes from the hills,
    When the last buffalo falls on the plains,
    I will hunt mice, for I am a hunter,
    And I must have my freedom.
    Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sometimes it does, Tim... especially when you're not sure it's doing anyone anygood. That's ok though.

Good for you on the DC - I've started my Hybrid again. Puts me in the gym every other day. I forgot how it kicks my ass!
    I am doing the 4 day we set up a year or so ago. This time I am making all the movements very slow so I am dropping the weight. It's good stuff so far.
    Cannabis and synthetic supplements

justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    WOW! It's been a loooong time since I've posted in here!!

Hello? This thing still work?
    Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

camchad will become famous soon enough. (+50) camchad will become famous soon enough. (+50) camchad will become famous soon enough. (+50) camchad will become famous soon enough. (+50) camchad will become famous soon enough. (+50) camchad will become famous soon enough. (+50) camchad will become famous soon enough. (+50) camchad will become famous soon enough. (+50) camchad will become famous soon enough. (+50) camchad will become famous soon enough. (+50) camchad will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    HOLY CRAP - welcome back! Hope things have been going well with you.

Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    WOW! It's been a loooong time since I've posted in here!!

Hello? This thing still work?
    It has been a long time! I hope all is well.
    Genshai

Lol! Hey there! Nice to see you both. Cam - I see you are still not posting a profile pic.

Pondering getting back into journaling. I've been very, very bad as far as the gym goes (as you can see from the updated profile pic) and I'm sick of that. So, I'm back to the gym and thinking that I might need a bit of motivation from this place.

Was doing some full body stuff, remembered why I hated it and am going now to a 4 day split. I'm taking my 13 year old son with me - We are homeschooling him now and this is his p.e.
    Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

So - here's the plan. Go back to what worked for me before:

Mon. Chest & Shoulders
    Incline Smith Bench
    Flat DB Bench
    DB Flies

DB Press
    DB Rear Delts
    Arnolds
    Side cable laterals

Tue. Back & Abs
    Wide Grip Pulldowns
    Hammer Grip Pulldowns
    Cable Rows
    Shrugs
    Back extensions
    Abs

Thurs Legs

Smith Machine Squats
    Leg Presses
    Leg Extensions
    Lying Leg Curls
    Calf Presses

Sat Arms

Weighted Dips
    DB Curls
    Cable Press Downs
    Close Grip Cable Curls
    Skull Crushers
    Hammer Curls
    Behind the Back Wrist Curls

At a new gym - not as well equipped as I would like, but it'll work. Two good things about it - not too crowded and it's inexpensive.

Going back to a diet plan that worked well for me as well - Keep carbs between 50 and 100 grams a day, lots o' protein and good fats. Goal - I want 15% BF by March 1st.

Life is good - took an 8 week vacation this Summer - spent time with the fam and by myself. Needed to screw my head on straight. Looking at broken marriages for 10 years in my work was causing me to lose it. I needed a break - told the boss I was burning out, so they gave me an extended paid vacation. So, I spent time in the mountains, remembered what brought joy to my life, and got in touch with the spiritual side of things in a way that I've needed to do for long time as well. Funny, especially considering I work for the Church. Anyway, I have to say, I'm looking at life differently than I ever have. People at work and friends say I've changed and a new peace is part of me. So, I guess that's good.

Family - son is now 13, daughter is 16. Wife just turned... 41, lol, yesterday. We'll be celebrating 19 years of marriage this January.

Well, I think that's it. Hopefully I haven't been completely forgotten around this place and I'll meet some new folks as well. I'm not necessarily good about visiting everyone's journal... my conversations typically happened in here in the past.

'tohidv.

Mark
    Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Going for strong and lean jtroster's Avatar
    jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Welcome back Mark.

I have a suggestion. Switch Monday and Tuesday. That way there might be a free bench as everyone else does chest on Mondays. And there are no deadlifts or lunges in your plan.
    Joel

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

My 2014 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159562211

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    They always come back

Great to see you here again Mark!
    Psalm 121

Originally Posted by jtroster View Post
    Welcome back Mark.

I have a suggestion. Switch Monday and Tuesday. That way there might be a free bench as everyone else does chest on Mondays. And there are no deadlifts or lunges in your plan.
    Hey Joel!

Good point on the switch - I'm sure I would have realize that this coming Monday. Deadlifts - no place to do them, really. I typically do Rackdeads (due to back issues), but there isn't (yah I know) a rack to do them in. Like I said - missing equipment, but it's cheap and so am I.

Originally Posted by fitnessman View Post
    They always come back

Great to see you here again Mark!
    Yah, yah. Thanks for the welcome, Mark. You know what time of year it is, don't you? HUNTING SEASON!! You need to travel this way and hunt some BIG deer (mulies) not those little baby whitetails!!
    Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm in!
    -gotta run though, will return soon bro.

SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000)
    We'll be celebrating 19 years of marriage this January.
    19 years in Jan is awesome! Glad you are back

Hi Denise, thanks!

Brian buddy! Good to hear from you!

Today's workout?? How about chopping wood and stacking it for my 82 year old dad! I'm pooped. Did a cord and a half! Now that's exercise! I have a feeling I'll be sore tomorrow!
    Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi Denise, thanks!

Brian buddy! Good to hear from you!

Today's workout?? How about chopping wood and stacking it for my 82 year old dad! I'm pooped. Did a cord and a half! Now that's exercise! I have a feeling I'll be sore tomorrow!
    Well, it's about time you got back to work ....

GREAT to see you, Mark!!!

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I hope you switched sides so as to retain symmetry and proportion.

pls pls pls
    tell me ya did.

Good to see you back here my friend, its been too long.

Originally Posted by Fiend_73 View Post
    I hope you switched sides so as to retain symmetry and proportion.

pls pls pls
    tell me ya did.

Good to see you back here my friend, its been too long.
    Of course I did!! Boy I tell ya though... that's a serious workout... strength, cardio, and ego!!

Gonna hit the back tonight at the gym - it's a bit stiff from chopping wood, but I have a feeling that will straighten itself out once I get to the gym.
    Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Monday - Back

Was supposed to be:
    Back & Abs
    Wide Grip Pulldowns
    Hammer Grip Pulldowns
    Cable Rows
    Shrugs
    Back extensions
    Abs

I figured swinging that ax over the weekend was sufficient, afterall, lol. Tonight, different story. Chest.
    Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good to see you back. Swinging the ax for a few hours will put a hurting on ya.
    Kevin

"We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment."
    Jim Rohn

UPDATES

Tuesday - Chest & shoulders

Incline Bench Press 4x8
    Flat DB Press 3x8
    DB Flyes 3x8

Seated DB Press 3x8
    Rear Delt DB Raises 3x8
    Behind the back Cable Side laterals 3x8

Boy have I lost strength. Granted, still pushing respectable amounts, but definitely less than I used to. Oh well - it'll come back. I went fairly heavy on that first group of incline bench presses for four sets, then decided three sets were sufficient till I get back into the swing of things. It sufficiently fatigued me though that my db presses and flyes were lighter than I'd hoped for. On the shoulders, nothing too exciting to report. It had been a couple of years since I'd done the side laterals with a cable - I'd forgotten how they can kick your butt!!

Wednesday - normal "off" day

Thursday - legs

Definitely not your normal leg workout. I went scouting up at my mule deer hunting area at about 7,000 feet. Walked all over the place, and lots of it was uphill. When I got home, my body said, no, you've done enough for today. I head out next Wednesday with my son to see if I can get a nice big buck to come out and play... actually, I just want to fill the freezer with some good meat - so I'm not so concerned with finding a trophy as I am finding some good meat.
    Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Well, as Chris pointed out in his journal, life keeps getting in the way of the gym. For me, life has been consisting of getting my Toyota motorhome ready for our deer hunt. Re-sealed the roof, worked on the furnace (wasps decided it was a great place to build several nests). Never did get it to work right.

We leave tomorrow to set up deer camp. It snowed in the higher elevations over the weekend - so who knows what we'll find up there. Camp is at 6800 feet. It'll be chilly! Workouts will consist of lots of hiking. And hopefully, packing a mule deer or two out!!

Later!
    Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Hunting was a bust. 18" of snow on the top of the ridge we'd previously scouted - that combined with a new wolf pack in the area pushed the animals down, somewhere else. Didn't see a damn thing all weekend, except for tracks and some deer poop. We moved lower, but still no luck. Not a lot of shooting going on, either.

Workouts consisted of humping up and down the mountainside for several hours each day. I lost weight despite eating anything I could get my hands on - mostly stuff that wasn't so good for me... but it tasted good!

So - now back to the "real world" - with more hunting coming up this weekend. Pheasants this time.
    Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

bcapprentice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bcapprentice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bcapprentice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bcapprentice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bcapprentice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bcapprentice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bcapprentice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bcapprentice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bcapprentice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bcapprentice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bcapprentice is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sorry to hear about the unsuccessful hunt.
    I'm trying to sign up with an online trainer. One of his questions was whether or not I had opportunity to consume wild game.

I'm too much of a city guy! One hunts for meat at Safeway!