Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Seeking my inner Amazon NotTooLate's Avatar
    NotTooLate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NotTooLate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NotTooLate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NotTooLate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NotTooLate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NotTooLate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NotTooLate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NotTooLate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NotTooLate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NotTooLate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NotTooLate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

NotTooLate's *Goin' for a 2 Pak* lol

Ok, I feel like an idiot and I'm not entertaining like SOME people on here! But I'm going to start this journal because I need help to get a 2 pack by summer. A 6 pack is way out of my reach lol Since I have lame underdeveloped abs due to years of neglect and not enough sex haha I'm going to need some help developing some muscle there. Here is what I'm doing now which I'm pretty happy with but I am willing to change or add to the ab work anything that will help. Keep in mind that I can barely do the ab work using my own weight so don't suggest using 100 pound weight crunches

Day 1 starting with bench press

Chest
    Bench press 1X10@40 lbs, 1X10@50 lbs
    Flat dumbbell presses 1X10@15, 2X10@17.5 lbs ea. side
    Incline dumbbell presses 3X10@17.5 lbs ea. side

Shoulders
    Barbell hang clean - military press combo 1X10@40
    Barbell hang clean 1X10@50
    Upright barbell rows 3X10@40 lbs
    Seated dumbbell presses 3X8@15 lbs ea. side

Triceps
    Triceps dips 3X10
    Cable pull-downs 3X10@60 lbs
    Triceps kickbacks 3X10@17.5 lbs ea. side

Abs
    Incline board crunches 40 reps
    High pulley crunches 2X50@100 lbs
    Torso raises 40 reps

Day 2 rest

Day 3 starting w/BB squat

Legs
    Barbell squats 3X10@50 lbs
    Leg press 2X15@120 lbs, 1X15@140 lbs
    (This week I also tried the suggestion that Fiend made to Ironic to do 100 reps on the leg press machine I did 100 reps @ 100 pounds. Then I did my regular routine on the leg press)
    Seated leg curls 3X10@80 lbs
    Seated leg extensions 3X10@70 lbs

Buttocks
    Machine standing leg extensions 3X10@160 lbs ea. side
    Cable kick-backs 2X25@50 lbs ea. side

Abs
    Incline board crunches 50 reps
    Torso raises 40 reps

Day 4 rest

Day 5 starting w/deadlifts

Back
    Deadlifts 1X10@80 lbs, 1X8@90 lbs, 1X6@100 lbs
    Bent barbell rows 2X10@55 lbs, 1X8@60 lbs
    One arm dumbbell rows 3X10@25 lbs each side
    Lat pull-downs 3X10@50 lbs, 1X10@62.5 lbs
    Bench torso extensions 25 reps

Biceps
    Barbell curls 1X10@35 lbs, 1X10@40 lbs, 1X7@50 lbs
    Concentration curls 3X10@17.5 lbs ea. side
    Curls 1X10@20 lbs, 1X5@20 lbs, 1X3@22.5 lbs ea. side
    Hammer curls 3X10@17.5 lbs ea. side

Abs
    Torso raises 40 reps

Day 6 rest

Day 7 cardio: 1 hour treadmill and/or skipping rope

I think I'm going to have to increase cardio a bit but I don't want to burn any hard earned muscle. I need to add some ab exercises. Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Bodybuilding: striving to defeat your own demons and overcome self imposed limitations.

Martial arts: the ideal rhythm of a movement is manifested as powerful grace.

Sang H. Kim Ph. D.

IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi Melanie! Welcome to the jungle ... I mean the OV35 Journals section

GJ on the 100-rep leg presses. Aren't those da bomb?

How often do you do cardio? I just go 4x weekly 20-30 minutes. As long as my diet is spot on that is all I need. There's others who do alot more. But IMO diet is more important than alot of cardio

I'm so glad you're here!
    ~ Penney

Diet * (weights + cardio) = success

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139344213&p=774586483#post774586483

We must be the change we wish to see in the world
    -Ghandi

Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Welcome Not too late and good luck with your 2-pack.

I think you're doing enough ab work. Remember your abs/core get work from heavy squatting and deads. You're well on your way!

Also, abs are made in the kitchen so don't forget about nutrition.
    Genshai

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    [QUOTE=NotTooLate;113513241]Ok, I feel like an idiot and I'm not entertaining like SOME people on here! But I'm going to start this journal because I need help to get a 2 pack by summer. A 6 pack is way out of my reach lol Since I have lame underdeveloped abs due to years of neglect and not enough sex haha I'm going to need some help developing some muscle there. Here is what I'm doing now which I'm pretty happy with but I am willing to change or add to the ab work anything that will help. Keep in mind that I can barely do the ab work using my own weight so don't suggest using 100 pound weight crunches

[quote]

You need to add lots of sex into your list of exercises!

I agree with Tiffany. A lot of getting your abs to show has to do with nutrition and having your body fat low enough for them to show. I know mine don't even think about showing until I'm at least 15% body fat (but that varies with people). Right now my body fat is at around 18% and there is nary an ab to be found.

I'm glad you've started a journal! It helps to receive encouragement along the way.
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Welcome to the journals. Mind if I tag along for the ride?

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    "I did 100 reps @ 100 pounds"

Wow That must have been a real burn out. JEEEZZZZZ!

Originally Posted by IronIc View Post

How often do you do cardio? I just go 4x weekly 20-30 minutes. As long as my diet is spot on that is all I need. There's others who do alot more. But IMO diet is more important than alot of cardio

I'm so glad you're here!
    I agree you need cardio and a good diet to get the abs to show.
    You can do all the crunches in the world and never see your abs without the combo.
    Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

I has a PHmuthaf'nD in Broscience!

ntrllftr > azstrengthlosscouchpotato

Utah...but I'm taller batteryrequired's Avatar
    batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NotTooLate View Post
    Ok, I feel like an idiot and I'm not entertaining like SOME people on here! But I'm going to start this journal because I need help to get a 2 pack by summer. A 6 pack is way out of my reach lol Since I have lame underdeveloped abs due to years of neglect and not enough sex haha I'm going to need some help developing some muscle there. Here is what I'm doing now which I'm pretty happy with but I am willing to change or add to the ab work anything that will help..
    Oh you will get waaaay to many offers to help with part of this....lmao.

Stick to the plan and a 6 pack is not that unrealistic at all. Good luck!
    Double T Sponsored Athlete!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.

"If you are going through hell... keep going" Sir Winston Churchill

NotTooLate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NotTooLate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NotTooLate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NotTooLate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NotTooLate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NotTooLate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NotTooLate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NotTooLate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NotTooLate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NotTooLate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NotTooLate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm so glad you're here!
    Thanks Penny
    The leg presses were ok while I was doing them and even afterwards but the next day my butt was sore lol They should call them butt presses haha
    I used to do a lot of cardio and then I reduced it to one day a week for 60 minutes on recommendation of my professional bodybuilding friend that's giving me pointers. She said that I will burn muscle if I do more than 20 minutes 3 times a week but I think I have to do more for awhile to get rid of more of this fat. The thing is I feel so skinny after having been so fat that I'm afraid to lose more weight or I might not be able to find myself haha

Originally Posted by thinton View Post
    Welcome Not too late and good luck with your 2-pack.
    I think you're doing enough ab work. Remember your abs/core get work from heavy squatting and deads. You're well on your way!
    Also, abs are made in the kitchen so don't forget about nutrition.
    Thanks thinton. That's exactly what my BB helper told me.
    I am pretty good on the nutrition so I'm not worried about that. If anything I don't eat enough.

Originally Posted by Hibiscus09 View Post
    You need to add lots of sex into your list of exercises!
    I agree with Tiffany. A lot of getting your abs to show has to do with nutrition and having your body fat low enough for them to show. I know mine don't even think about showing until I'm at least 15% body fat (but that varies with people). Right now my body fat is at around 18% and there is nary an ab to be found.
    I'm glad you've started a journal! It helps to receive encouragement along the way.
    I wish I could add lots of sex! *pout*
    According to the stupid military website my body fat is 25 % which has totally depressed me. It's going to take a lot of work to get down to 15%. I do think I need to pump up my abs though. Even with low body fat you have to have abs in order to see any

Originally Posted by joed View Post
    Welcome to the journals. Mind if I tag along for the ride?
    Sure, bring a pillow and a blanket in case you fall asleep

Originally Posted by ntrllftr View Post
    "I did 100 reps @ 100 pounds"
    Wow That must have been a real burn out. JEEEZZZZZ!
    I agree you need cardio and a good diet to get the abs to show.
    You can do all the crunches in the world and never see your abs without the combo.
    Hi ntrllftr The leg press was ok, I just shouldn't have done my usual routine after the 100 lol

Originally Posted by batteryrequired View Post
    Oh you will get waaaay to many offers to help with part of this....lmao.
    Stick to the plan and a 6 pack is not that unrealistic at all. Good luck!
    Sure, you guys are all talk and no action!
    Thanks for your support on the 6 pack. I'll be totally happy if I can get a 2 pac.....oh wait, isn't that a rapper? lol
    Last edited by NotTooLate; 01-04-2008 at 10:29 PM.
    Bodybuilding: striving to defeat your own demons and overcome self imposed limitations.

Sang H. Kim Ph. D.

Today was back day and I totally missed the gym because a friend had a family crisis and I had to help her avert disaster. I would rather have gone to the gym!
    Diet was rotten today too because of not sticking to the schedule and being out of my hood

coffee, multivitamins, amino acid complex, omega 3-6-9, vitamin C
    baked samosa with spinach and potato
    curried beef bun (this was not good but I had no other choice at the time)
    salmon sauteed with onions in a fat free olive oil spray on whole wheat bread
    raw oatmeal with raisins, dried banana and almonds in slim milk
    fat free cocoa with a dab of honey in skim milk
    banana
    fat free vanilla yogurt with a few small frozen fresh blueberries
    Last edited by NotTooLate; 01-04-2008 at 11:04 PM.

Sang H. Kim Ph. D.

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    on recommendation of my professional bodybuilding friend that's giving me pointers.
    She said that I will burn muscle if I do more than 20 minutes 3 times a week but I think I have to do more for awhile to get rid of more of this fat. The thing is I feel so skinny after having been so fat that I'm afraid to lose more weight or I might not be able to find myself haha

I wish I could add lots of sex! *pout*
    Out of curiosity, who's your friend?
    IMHO, I think you are right. This whole business about cardio burning muscle started with the ectomorphs. If you have excess bodyfat, you can do more cardio until the excess is gone (up to a point of course), then you need to worry about burning muscle tissue.
    Oops, welcome to the journals! I'm glad you started one!

I might be able to help out with that after the show in Vancouver.

Originally Posted by Fiend_73 View Post
    Out of curiosity, who's your friend?
    IMHO, I think you are right. This whole business about cardio burning muscle started with the ectomorphs. If you have excess bodyfat, you can do more cardio until the excess is gone (up to a point of course), then you need to worry about burning muscle tissue.
    Oops, welcome to the journals! I'm glad you started one!

I might be able to help out with that after the show in Vancouver.
    Hi Fiend Did you see that I stole a look in Ironics journal and tried the 100 leg presses you challenged her with?
    Justine Dohring is a national level bodybuilder and she helps me over the internet along with other female bodybuilders. The internet has given us the most advantageous opportunities of all time. She is quite serious about my not doing more cardio than that and I believe her, she knows what she is doing, but I might have to sacrifice some muscle for a few weeks to get thinner. I'll have to be very careful to work it out exactly.

About helping me out with a certain activity........well.........you better be careful for what you wish for lol

Sang H. Kim Ph. D.

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi Fiend Did you see that I stole a look in Ironics journal and tried the 100 leg presses you challenged her with?
    Justine Dohring is a national level bodybuilder and she helps me over the internet along with other female bodybuilders. The internet has given us the most advantageous opportunities of all time. She is quite serious about my not doing more cardio than that and I believe her, she knows what she is doing, but I might have to sacrifice some muscle for a few weeks to get thinner. I'll have to be very careful to work it out exactly.

About helping me out with a certain activity........well.........you better be careful for what you wish for lol
    I sure did see it, wasn't sure where you got t from, but it did look familiar. lol As Penney and I discussed in her journal, it is also quite the mental challenge as well as physical. Kudo's to you!!!
    I'll have to look her up when I'm at home. I never know how the computer mods at my work take that stuff. Congrats on meeting her! I too had the honour of being taught by some of the industries best at the time. Couldn't agree with you more about the i-net. Wouldn't be trying to compete if it wasn't around. The support and info are amazing!
    I have a good reason to be up late, work. You?

I'd wish for a lot, but I'm at work.

Originally Posted by Fiend_73 View Post
    I have a good reason to be up late, work. You?
    Night owl Going to bed now, it's 3:02 am. See ya tomorrow

Sang H. Kim Ph. D.

Utah...but I'm taller batteryrequired's Avatar
    batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000)
    All talk eh? Well, you being clear up in Canada and me being in Indiana makes that one kinda tough anyways....lol.

I feel for ya missing gym time. If I get off schedule it used to just really throw me off. Now it doesn't bother me, I just pick up where I left off the next day. Had to get used to it with my daughters sports schedules anyways. Right now I have basketball with one and gymnastics with the other. Who needs cardio...lol
    Double T Sponsored Athlete!!!!

If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.

"If you are going through hell... keep going" Sir Winston Churchill

IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Happy Saturday Melanie!
    ~ Penney

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139344213&p=774586483#post774586483

-Ghandi

Originally Posted by batteryrequired View Post
    All talk eh? Well, you being clear up in Canada and me being in Indiana makes that one kinda tough anyways....lol.

I feel for ya missing gym time. If I get off schedule it used to just really throw me off. Now it doesn't bother me, I just pick up where I left off the next day. Had to get used to it with my daughters sports schedules anyways. Right now I have basketball with one and gymnastics with the other. Who needs cardio...lol
    Yes, I'm going today to do the back if I can get there before the gym closes. It closes early on weekends. I want to do some treadmill too. I am grateful that my kids are grown up, been through all the scheduling of youngsters and glad to be out on the other side. I've seen plenty of peewee hockey games

Happy Saturday Melanie!
    Happy Saturday Penny I woke up about at noon lol. I haven't really started my day yet. I got to sleep late and then at 5 am my 18 yr old daughter was cooking and forgot she put a pot on the stove and let it get dry and she almost burned the house down. I was woken up with her screaming 'Mom, it's an emergency! Wake up!' lol There was no fire but the house was filled with black smoke and we could hardly breathe. The alarm was going off and I think it woke up all the neighbours. I finally got it shut off after about 15 minutes and then shortly after I heard firetrucks coming and my daughter said 'Oh no, I don't want to deal with them, you do it!' lol They didn't come to our house but I had to laugh at the way she tried to get out of that one haha
    Going to get ready to get out of here now. Hope your having a great day

Sang H. Kim Ph. D.

Happy Saturday Penny I woke up about at noon lol. I haven't really started my day yet. I got to sleep late and then at 5 am my 18 yr old daughter was cooking and forgot she put a pot on the stove and let it get dry and she almost burned the house down. I was woken up with her screaming 'Mom, it's an emergency! Wake up!' lol There was no fire but the house was filled with black smoke and we could hardly breathe. The alarm was going off and I think it woke up all the neighbours. I finally got it shut off after about 15 minutes and then shortly after I heard firetrucks coming and my daughter said 'Oh no, I don't want to deal with them, you do it!' lol They didn't come to our house but I had to laugh at the way she tried to get out of that one haha
    Going to get ready to get out of here now. Hope your having a great day
    Hahaha too funny! My daughter used to do that kind of stuff, too.

Come to think of it, I used to leave coffee pots running all day Fortunately no fires got started from it!

Kids always try to get out of their own messes! Haha!
    ~ Penney

-Ghandi

Did back day today because I missed it yesterday

Back
    Deadlifts 1X10@80 lbs, 1X10@90 lbs, 1X6@100 lbs 1X2@110 lbs
    Bent barbell rows 2X10@55 lbs, 1X10@60 lbs
    One arm dumbbell rows 3X10@25 lbs each side
    Lat pull-downs 3X10@62.5 lbs (wide, mid, narrow grip)
    Bench torso extensions 25 reps

Biceps
    Barbell curls 2X10@40 lbs, 1X7@50 lbs
    Concentration curls 3X10@17.5 lbs ea. side
    Curls 1X5@20 lbs
    Hammer curls 3X10@17.5 lbs ea. side

Abs

I increased the deadlift from 1X8@90 to 1X10@90 before I did the 100 pounds and then I tried to see if I could go any higher on the weight and I only got 2 reps at 110 pounds and my knees were unstable so I'm going to stay at 100 pounds for awhile.

Increased the bent BB rows from 1X8@60 to 1X10@60

Increased the lat pulldowns from the previous 3X10@50/1X10@62.5 to 3X10@62.5

Dropped the 35 pounds on the BB curls and did 2X10@40 then 1X7@50

Usual on the hammer curls

Didn't do well on the curls today. I was so tired from increasing the other exercises that I only got 1X5@20 lbs. I will do some later tonight at home to make up for this.

Didn't do treadmill but I did 15 minutes of skipping rope after weights

Will post my meals for the day before I go to bed.

All in all not a bad day
    Last edited by NotTooLate; 01-05-2008 at 06:44 PM.

Sang H. Kim Ph. D.

liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nice job with the Deadlifts.

Mike

Originally Posted by liftingbuddy1 View Post
    Nice job with the Deadlifts.

Mike
    Thank you dude

Sang H. Kim Ph. D.

Yesterdays food is following. I'm going to eat a bit less because I'm never hungry and I'm eating just because it's time. I don't like that.

coffee w/skim milk
    multivitamins
    Omega 3-6-9
    Vitamin C

fat free cottage cheese w/ 2tbsps red bell pepper

pre-workout protein shake

post workout whey protein mixed in skim milk

skinless boneless chicken breast sauteed in ff spray
    fat free cottage cheese w/1 tbsp each of green onions, onions, garlic, and red bell pepper

banana

sweet potato w/fat free sour cream

fat free yogurt w/fresh frozen blueberries

Today is a rest day but I might go run on the treadmill. Will see how I feel later.

Sang H. Kim Ph. D.

Working on Hoosier 2.0 HoosierHardGain's Avatar
    HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks like you're off to a great start...best of luck!
    Burning Fat Cells One Rep At A Time

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

Nice job on the workout and eats, Melanie. Congrats on the 110 lb deads!
    ~ Penney

-Ghandi

Originally Posted by HoosierHardGain View Post
    Looks like you're off to a great start...best of luck!
    Thank you for the good wishes and for the rep points!

Nice job on the workout and eats, Melanie. Congrats on the 110 lb deads!
    Thanks. I just thought it was time to see if I could lift more but I'm going to stick with the 100 pounds on the deads. My arms are strong but my knees were buckling. Not good.
    I'll stop over in your journal later today. I'm just on my way out.

Sang H. Kim Ph. D.

Thanks. I just thought it was time to see if I could lift more but I'm going to stick with the 100 pounds on the deads. My arms are strong but my knees were buckling. Not good.
    I'll stop over in your journal later today. I'm just on my way out.
    You are definitely being smart by making haste slowly on the deads. I get impatient and want to increase the weight quickly - but then I remind myself that I have a strong and non-injured back ... and want to keep it that way!

I'm up to 1 set of 12 SLDLs @ 105 lbs. I split that set into 2 6-rep sets to protect my back

If your knees are buckling you may wish to do more knee-strengthening exercises. Do you squat? Leg extensions are also good - when I had knee pain after squatting last year a couple of people suggested doing light leg extensions as a warm up. It worked like a charm!
    Last edited by IronIc; 01-06-2008 at 02:56 PM.
    ~ Penney

-Ghandi

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Good luck on all your goals! Wishing you much success
    On the list for Bannukah

Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Good luck on all your goals! Wishing you much success
    Thanks BH *hug*

You are definitely being smart by making haste slowly on the deads. I get impatient and want to increase the weight quickly - but then I remind myself that I have a strong and non-injured back ... and want to keep it that way!

I'm up to 1 set of 12 SLDLs @ 105 lbs. I split that set into 2 6-rep sets to protect my back

If your knees are buckling you may wish to do more knee-strengthening exercises. Do you squat? Leg extensions are also good - when I had knee pain after squatting last year a couple of people suggested doing light leg extensions as a warm up. It worked like a charm!
    I do a ton of leg exercises. 1 day is devoted to that alone and then I jog and skip rope too which are also leg exercises. See my first post above, my whole routine is posted there.

Good job on the deads Penny

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I went to the gym and jogged 2 miles then alternated jogging and speed walking for another two miles.

Nutrition for today

coffee w/skim milk
    multivitamins
    Omega 3-6-9
    Vitamin C
    Fatty Acid complex

homemade muesli (raw oatmeal, almonds, raisins, dried bananas) w/skim milk

canned salmon mixed with fat free cottage cheese w/ 1 tbsp each of green onion and red bell pepper

baked sweet potatoe with fat free sour cream

fat free chocolate powder mixed with skim milk and 1 tsp honey

That's it, can't eat any more today. I am still not hungry and I barely ate.
    Last edited by NotTooLate; 01-07-2008 at 02:24 AM.

Sang H. Kim Ph. D.

I do a ton of leg exercises. 1 day is devoted to that alone and then I jog and skip rope too which are also leg exercises. See my first post above, my whole routine is posted there.
    I see my ADD has kicked in again! LOL!

You're doing everything possible to increase leg strength.

Today I went to the gym and jogged 2 miles then alternated jogging and speed walking for another two miles.

Nutrition for today

coffee w/skim milk
    multivitamins
    Omega 3-6-9
    Vitamin C
    Fatty Acid complex

homemade muesli (raw oatmeal, almonds, raisins, dried bananas) w/skim milk

canned salmon mixed with fat free cottage cheese w/ 1 tbsp each of green onion and red bell pepper

baked sweet potatoe with fat free sour cream

fat free chocolate powder mixed with skim milk and 1 tsp honey

That's it, can't eat any more today. I am still not hungry and I barely ate.
    How many cals are you shooting for Melanie? Your meals are very clean, but look very low in cals (and very low in fat)
    ~ Penney

-Ghandi

Chest
    Bench press 2X10@40 lbs, 1X10@50 lbs (prior 1X10@40 lbs, 1X10@50 lbs)
    Flat dumbbell presses 3X10@17.5 lbs ea. side (prior 1X10@15, 2X10@17.5 lbs ea. side)
    Incline dumbbell presses 3X10@17.5 lbs ea. side

Shoulders
    Barbell hang clean - military press combo 2X10@40 (prior1X10@40)
    Barbell hang clean 3X10@50 (prior 1X10@50)
    Upright barbell rows 3X10@40 lbs
    Seated dumbbell presses 3X8@15 lbs ea. side

Triceps
    Triceps dips 3X10
    Cable pull-downs 3X10@60 lbs
    Triceps kickbacks 3X10@17.5 lbs ea. side

Abs
    Incline board crunches 45 reps

Nutrition so far

coffee w/skim
    multivitamin
    Omega 3-6-9
    vitamin C
    fatty acid complex

souvlaki wrap (chicken breast baked, cucumber, tomatoes on ww wrap)

post workout whey protein in skim milk

skinless boneless chicken breast sauteed in fat free spray w freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1 tsp honey
    bunch of fresh string green beans w/lemon

small sandwich made with 1/2 ww wrap, few slices of corned beef, 2 tbsp sweet potatoe mashed

fat free lemon yogurt with 1 tbsp fresh whole almonds thrown in
    Last edited by NotTooLate; 01-08-2008 at 12:35 AM.

Sang H. Kim Ph. D.

I see my ADD has kicked in again! LOL!

You're doing everything possible to increase leg strength.

How many cals are you shooting for Melanie? Your meals are very clean, but look very low in cals (and very low in fat)
    There is a lot of good fat in the salmon and almonds plus I take omega 3-6-9 which is fat too. I have been eating around 12-1300 cals day but I'm never hungry and the food feels like it's just sitting in a lump in my stomach so sometimes I just can't eat that much. Yesterday was a low calorie day for sure. I know some of you on here are always hungry. Not me.

Sang H. Kim Ph. D.