Wildcat33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pics/info, new Yukon Power Rack

It showed up a day early this morning, in 2 long and very heavy boxes. Feels very sturdy, and didn't flex much when I put plates on a barbell and shoved the uprights to test for play. The bar holders will go in and out of the rack, front and back. I don't have the multi-bench to test with yet but there is a 15 1/2" drop in the depth of the rear base plate ... should be plenty of room for inclines off the rear uprights. This drop comes at the expense of the rack being 67" deep ... takes some real estate. But not necessarily bad because the larger footprint makes the rack feel very stable ... definitely no need to bolt this one to any type of base. The top side crossmembers are thicker than what I expected, they may have been upgraded in the new model. Highest point on it is 7', top of the chin bar. There's 27" working room inside, which is slightly larger than the "standard" 26". It's 49" wide from left to right. The pins are 1 1/4", noticeably thicker and heavier than what I've seen on some other racks. The stabilization plates are heavier than the uprights, I'd say about 10 gauge. The uprights are 2", 12 gauge tubing. The upright numbers are huge, looks kind of comical. Documentation was terrible, it was 1 folded piece of paper showing an assembly diagram for the old model that I don't have. (This is the new model and doesn't look like the ones shown on yukon-fitness.com or alphafitnessequipment.com) Holes are pre-drilled in the top and bottom rear supports for the lat machine. There's a post and pop pin on the rear right of the frame for the dip station attachment. There were no spare bolts, washers, or nuts at all so if you get this one don't lose any during installation!

A few things I didn't like: The documentation or lack thereof. The chin bar is hollow and doesn't feel very "heavy", although I tried some chins on it and it didn't flex or anything. 2 of the nuts that hold it on are in the way of hand placement for wide angle grip chins. The left pin retainer is bent a little and I'll have to tap it out with a hammer so it doesn't rub the upright. No reason I can think of to have a finger in the upright holes, but they are not deburred inside and could easily gash a finger.

Overall I'm happy so far, and very happy with the depth. Will wait to pass final judgement until I run it through my program for a week and test it with the new multi-bench that should be here in a few days. I'll probably order the lat attachment real soon. A few pics below ...

A couple pics of the entire rack ...
    http://www.goughsoft.com/epduvall/dsc00001.jpg
    http://www.goughsoft.com/epduvall/dsc00002.jpg
    15 1/2" extra depth behind the rear uprights ...
    http://www.goughsoft.com/epduvall/dsc00003.jpg
    pin retainer scraping upright, going to have to tap it out ...
    http://www.goughsoft.com/epduvall/dsc00004.jpg
    nut in the way of wide angle grip chins ...
    http://www.goughsoft.com/epduvall/dsc00005.jpg
    thick stabilization plates ...
    http://www.goughsoft.com/epduvall/dsc00007.jpg
    where the dip station attachment goes ...
    http://www.goughsoft.com/epduvall/dsc00008.jpg

agent8698 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for that report + pics. Nice piece of equipment! Max

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    looks pretty good
    working in some limited space aren't you
    let us know how it works doing inclines off the back upright, you'll be reaching 8-10" behind you to grab them, so I'm interested if they are comfortable
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Originally posted by ctgblue
    working in some limited space aren't you
    Sure am, but it's temporary. The rack is in the corner of my home office, and there's even more equipment you can't see in the picture. Also have a rowing machine in the garage that won't fit at all. But I have a large room on the lower floor of the house with ceiling fan, mirrors on the walls, etc. that is going to be used exclusively as a home gym. It has room for everything and little to grow on. Problem is right now it has furniture and stuff in it and will have until the 3rd floor is done, should be about 1 1/2" months or so until I can move everything into the "home gym".

let us know how it works doing inclines off the back upright, you'll be reaching 8-10" behind you to grab them, so I'm interested if they are comfortable
    Will do.

agent8698 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here is a photo that I found of someone's Northern Lights power rack, it looks like their chin-up bar extends up higher:
    Attached Images

Lotsosquats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cool! Glad to hear it worked out. I'm going to be ordering one next month myself (gotta finish the barn so I have space for it). Are you going to get any attachments? Also, anyone out there recommend a cross-over cable machine? Thanx.
    LotsOSquats

Its OK to get older...just don't get old doing it!

Lotsasquats,

Thanks for putting me on this one. I'd written it off until your post about the new model.

I'm definitely getting the plate load lat attachment, and probably going to get the low row footplate attachment. I'm going to get the New York Barbell dip station attachment for it ... it will fit on the Yukon and I like the design of it better than the one you can get from Yukon. The NYBB dip station hangs on the uprights of the rack and has a support rod underneath it. It's more sturdy than the Yukon dip station made for this rack, plus it can be put on the front or back of any of the uprights. The Yukon dip station has to be on the rear left facing backwards ... which means the rack can't be pushed up to a wall. (Since there was no documentation I incorrectly put the post on the rear right of the rack, so I'll have to swap it to the left tomorrow)

Good luck with your purchase!