Thread: Back In The Day

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up Back In The Day

What do y'all think of the female bodybuilders from the early 80's? I thought those were some of the best times, although I was young and don't remember much, I have a lot of old mags from the late 70's and early 80's that my old gym was tossing and I grabbed them.
    MsFit

Some pics of Lori Bowen
    Attached Images

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    another........
    Attached Images

~and another.........
    Attached Images

JEFF7322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEFF7322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEFF7322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEFF7322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEFF7322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEFF7322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

Ever see PUMPING IRON 2 THE WOMEN? It's from that era and covers the WORLD PRO WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP. Lori and Rachel McGlish and Bev Francis are in this. Done simillar filmed like the first PUMPING IRON movie.
    -JEFF

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Cory Everson fan
    Last edited by ctgblue; 09-28-2002 at 06:15 PM.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    And a Rachael McLish fan
    Last edited by ctgblue; 09-28-2002 at 06:16 PM.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

And, of course, and Anja Langer fan
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Great pics ctg.

Yes Jeff, I have Pumping Iron II, it rocks. I've made many copies for friends.
    MsFit

DarkFalcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DarkFalcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DarkFalcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DarkFalcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DarkFalcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DarkFalcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DarkFalcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DarkFalcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DarkFalcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DarkFalcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DarkFalcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by ctgblue
    Cory Everson fan
    Cory was the last of truly beatiful Ms.Olypians after her steriods took over and the women became men.
    PSN name is Dark__Falcon

Rap your one of a kind bro, you will be missed.

Sweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think bodybuilders in general looked better in the 70's and 80's. They made the human form look beatuiful and healthy.
    Attached Images
    "A weed holds up its head in arrogance while a mature grain bows its head in humility"

"A closed mouth can save a fish from the hook as well as stay secrets from the enemy"

and she won last year for the first time
    a little bigger than before
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fsufanatik is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    They were more feminine back then. I love the older pictures of Lenda Murray as she was just gorgeous. With the standards now of being a pro, the muscalarity overwhelms the need to remain feminine.
    life in the Blue house....

Dying to enter the 32nd degree, and on to the burning sands.....

2B1 ASK 1

And of course one of my new favorites with that "classic symmetry and beauty" look.
    You didn't actually think I'd Leave YOU out did you?
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

enigma_linear is a name known to all. (+5000) enigma_linear is a name known to all. (+5000) enigma_linear is a name known to all. (+5000) enigma_linear is a name known to all. (+5000) enigma_linear is a name known to all. (+5000) enigma_linear is a name known to all. (+5000) enigma_linear is a name known to all. (+5000) enigma_linear is a name known to all. (+5000) enigma_linear is a name known to all. (+5000) enigma_linear is a name known to all. (+5000) enigma_linear is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I like Lori Bowen's physique on the Muscle & Bodybuilder mag (2nd pic). That's where I'd like to be... somewhere down the line.
    Stacey L. K.

SQ; 245
    DL; 315
    B; 135
    Total; 695lbs

.Dedicated.

Matthew D is just really nice. (+1000) Matthew D is just really nice. (+1000) Matthew D is just really nice. (+1000) Matthew D is just really nice. (+1000) Matthew D is just really nice. (+1000) Matthew D is just really nice. (+1000) Matthew D is just really nice. (+1000) Matthew D is just really nice. (+1000) Matthew D is just really nice. (+1000) Matthew D is just really nice. (+1000) Matthew D is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by ctgblue
    And of course one of my new favorites with that "classic symmetry and beauty" look.
    You didn't actually think I'd Leave YOU out did you?
    I'm glad you posted that pictures of MsFit. ctg.. when I think of women bber's I think of someone with a physic like MsFit's not that last picture that got posted of last year's winner..

Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Candy Centzis (spelling??) was very good before passing away to some sort of cancer,i think. she was around at the time Rachel McLish was winning everything. also Kay Baxter was way ahead of her time. does anyone remember Leisa Campbell from Australia (Miss Universe & Miss World 1988)......awesome!!....also a close friend. Richie

Amanda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with everything everyone has said!

Somewhere along the line, it turned into 'men in drag', & now I follow Fitness!

GuitarDeb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

These women are the reason I wanted to be a BBer in the first place. Cory was my hero for years, and still is. I'm glad I'm not the only one who appreciates that period in women's BBing. Thanks for putting up the pics, MsFit.
    Do or do not,
    There is no try.

Genie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I didn't know Candy passed away! Shocking. The 80s were my favourite years of female bodybuilding!! I starting lifting weights along with my cardio in 1983 so Cory Everson, Rachel McLish, and let's not forget Glady's Portugese (Jean Claude VanDamme's 1st wife I believe?) were my first and still are my absolute favourites and represent exactly how I want to look. They look very feminine. I still have my women's bodybuilding books from that era. They definitely prove that lifting heavy does not make you huge - you'd need a little synthetic man-made help to look like that.

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Re: Back In The Day

Originally posted by MsFit
    What do y'all think of the female bodybuilders from the early 80's? I thought those were some of the best times, although I was young and don't remember much, I have a lot of old mags from the late 70's and early 80's that my old gym was tossing and I grabbed them.
    MsFit

Some pics of Lori Bowen
    Many of todays fitness athletes are bigger than yesterdays female bodybuilders.
    BrinkZone, Where Bro-Science Got Rabies and Died!

www.BrinkZone.com

Check out my BrinkZone mini site on BB.com at:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink.htm

=> President and Founder of Shaved head with goatee Crew
    => Science over bro science Crew

Evangelical Agnostic CerealKiller's Avatar
    CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by Genie
    I didn't know Candy passed away! Shocking. The 80s were my favourite years of female bodybuilding!! I starting lifting weights along with my cardio in 1983 so Cory Everson, Rachel McLish, and let's not forget Glady's Portugese (Jean Claude VanDamme's 1st wife I believe?) were my first and still are my absolute favourites and represent exactly how I want to look. They look very feminine. I still have my women's bodybuilding books from that era. They definitely prove that lifting heavy does not make you huge - you'd need a little synthetic man-made help to look like that.
    Don't forget Stacy Bentley.

RackThis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CerealKiller View Post
    Don't forget Stacy Bentley.
    Bentley retired after the Olympia when she realized that she was becoming obsessive in her pursuit of physical perfection. She switched from weight training to jogging and let her body reach her off season weight of 125 from contest ready of 108 pounds. She then became a personal trainer for people such as actor Jack Nicholson.

Bentley continued to be a role model to people to improve themselves physically and mentally through bodybuilding as a personal trainer. She also helped people through her work as a nurse at Northridge Hospital in California, where she focused on patients with eating disorders. She would later work with blind and deaf children at a Pennsylvania school.

During this time, while helping others deal with their health problems, Bentley was fighting health problems of her own. For several years after retiring she struggled with bulimia, alcohol abuse, and drugs, a problem she shared with fellow bodybuilding competitor Laura Combes who died of acute alcohol poisoning.

Stacey was able to overcome her health problems and continued her career as a nurse in her home state of Pennsylvania. In 1998 she was married. She still maintains contact with the bodybuilding world, and in 2005 she was inducted into the IFBB Hall of Fame.

Bentley's career as a competitive bodybuilder stands out, despite its brevity, for her placing in the top five in each of the six bodybuilding contests that she competed in. Her competitive career was also unique in that each of the bodybuilding contests that she competed in marked the inaugural staging of that event.

hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000)
    I love this pic of Lori Bowen.

Love others well, but love thyself the most

hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000)
    I like how they look really natural.

Love others well, but love thyself the most

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is the little lady that inspires me so much -

Negrita Jayde

Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

ABbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ABbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ABbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ABbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ABbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ABbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ABbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ABbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ABbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ABbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ABbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think one of the reasons these pics are so refreshing is the absence of giant fake tits.

pmbpro will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmbpro will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmbpro will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmbpro will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmbpro will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmbpro will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmbpro will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmbpro will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmbpro will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmbpro will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmbpro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I always loved Negrita (R.I.P. )

Originally Posted by ABbb View Post
    I think one of the reasons these pics are so refreshing is the absence of giant fake tits.
    Gotta agree with this too.
    -----------------------------------
    pmb

"If you never get scared - if you never lay it on the line - you never get a shot at all the credit or all the blame." - Kate Jackson, 1978

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pmbpro View Post
    I always loved Negrita (R.I.P. )
    Such a shame to lose such a beautiful lady.
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    And a Rachael McLish fan
    I'm a McLish fan as well. Love that chick!

Originally Posted by hieronymous View Post
    I like how they look really natural.
    Yeah, I love the natural look in fitness. I wish we had more of that today, for men as well.
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

those has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ABbb View Post
    DING DING DING we have a winnar!!