Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    whitedime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitedime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitedime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

something to take for anxiety ?

I seem to get paranoid alot of many different things, i'm not currently on insurance right now so I am not able to realistically see a doctor, but im wondering if there is someone any of you would reccomend that i could buy at a store or on the internet. preferably something i can take during the day. thanks guys
    I'd rather die on my feet then live on my knees.

Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Phenibut is great for anxiety.
    HALEO Lead Forum Representative

Echo in Eternity

Store Link - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html
    ******** Page - www.********.com/pages/HALEO-Worldwide-Inc/344612048892858

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ehhh..you really should see a doctor.

problem with repeated usage of most things that increase seratonin is that they lead to down regulation.

there are a few products from unique nutrition that you could check out.
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

whitedime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitedime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitedime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post

problem with repeated usage of most things that increase seratonin is that they lead to down regulation.

there are a few products from unique nutrition that you could check out.
    such as ? can you provide me a link please ? its not to the point where i can't function, and i don't know if its even " anxiety "
    I'd rather die on my feet then live on my knees.

GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by whitedime View Post
    such as ? can you provide me a link please ? its not to the point where i can't function, and i don't know if its even " anxiety "
    What are you feeling? Symptoms? Signs?
    My New Year's Resolution? To become a BIGGER person.

Recip's Fierce Crew!!!!

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by whitedime View Post
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

I would try to find a psychologist, and see what they have to say..I think they would be less likely to jump the gun and diagnose a disorder as opposed to a psychiatrist who may want to put you on meds from the get go.
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

Fuzzylumpkkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fuzzylumpkkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fuzzylumpkkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fuzzylumpkkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fuzzylumpkkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fuzzylumpkkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fuzzylumpkkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Theanine does the trick for me, but everyone is different. It's extremely safe and is extracted from green tea.

Getting there day by day fibercarbon's Avatar
    fibercarbon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fibercarbon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fibercarbon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fibercarbon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fibercarbon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fibercarbon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fibercarbon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fibercarbon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fibercarbon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fibercarbon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fibercarbon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Valerian root with Passion flower extract and 5-htp and melatonin before bed is the best anxiety reducing stack i have been able to get. ive tryed everything and this works!!! Gaba helps some people to...

GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I tried everything OTC nothing worked for me, had to see a doctor and he put me on meds, I haven't had an attack since(knock on wood) It sucks when you get them. Mine would last for about an hour or two and then I would crash and sleep for hours. Sucks just plain sucks...

Recip's Fierce Crew!!!!

BoingoBoingoBoingoBoingo TinyMan's Avatar
    TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GETTINITDONE View Post
    I tried everything OTC nothing worked for me, had to see a doctor and he put me on meds, I haven't had an attack since(knock on wood) It sucks when you get them. Mine would last for about an hour or two and then I would crash and sleep for hours. Sucks just plain sucks...
    That's one of the reasons for that for things where it really is of medical note, I really don't recommend going around trying to figure out what supplements may help - in an industry that the compounds aren't necessarily well understood (lets disregard all the fancy terminology...). You can quite easily spend a lot of time and waste money trying out different supplements - whereas you can pay for the medical visit to a qualified professional with that money.

Bouncing between OTC compounds/extracts/etc won't necessarily get you anywhere - especially with all the bull**** compounds and formulas in the industry. It's easy to end up with nothing but a light wallet, and be left still needing to pay a medical bill. Paying for a doctor/psychologist consultation may not be cheap, but if the OTC guesswork (and often, it really is that) didn't work, you're still on square one.
    I remember being relevant.

freeweight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeweight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeweight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeweight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeweight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeweight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeweight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeweight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeweight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeweight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeweight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    tryptophan just came back out finally ,its a proscurer to seritonin,and guess what zoloft ,paxil and al the other ssri's do etc etc etc?

increase the output of seritonin to the receptors

but usually there is nothing wrong with how much seritonin is released ,there just isnt enough to release to make a difference

take tryptophan and our brain will make more seritonin here is a good read from the company that helped me

"GABA (GAMMA AMINOBUTYRIC ACID) is the most frequently occurring of all the calming neurotransmitters in our brains. Tranquilizers like ******, Librium, ****** and ***** work by stimulating GABA receptors. Treating such drug addictions by reloading GABA has worked quite well, and many of these people continue to use GABA in place of their former drug to alleviate anxiety.

TRYPTOPHAN
    Tryptophan is the only substance in existence that makes serotonin, a powerful calming brain neurotransmitter. The many copycat anti-depressant drugs now on the market confirm the popularity of flooding our brains with "mellowing" serotonin. Tryptophan's benefits have been well documented in treating anxiety, panic, and compulsive obsessive disorders.

GLYCINE
    This amino acid strengthens our calming alpha brain waves and reduces excitatory waves. It also works throughout our spinal column to relax and ease rigidity and tension.

TAURINE
    This amino regulates the excitability of our nervous systems. It is found in abundance around the heart muscle. In our brains, it's another inhibitory (calming) neurotransmitter.

Now you can see how an inadequate supply of these calming body chemicals can create an anxious state. The following formula is heavy in these aminos and the B vitamins that restore a state of calm. B vitamins and Vitamin C are water soluble, so you can't overdose on them. The amino acids are also quite safe to take at these dosages." \

stay away from ssri's like paxil zoloft ,they will just make things worse

freeweight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeweight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeweight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeweight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeweight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeweight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeweight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeweight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeweight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeweight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeweight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    tryptophan makesw a huge difference in just a week

take my word for it i suffered from anxiety attacks for years and years

read this,disregaurd the alcoholism mentions,just pay attention the the anxiety stuff ,its amazing what simple vitamin deficiencies will cause

http://healthrecovery.com/HRC_2006/D..._In_Closet.htm

dont mix tryptophan with 5htp though ,hope it helps

i know exactly how you feel though

"St.-John's-Wort (Hypericum)

This extract is preferred by nearly 76 percent of German physician to treat depression and anxiety. A recent meta-analysis of its effectiveness was published in the British Medical Journal in 1996 Twenty-three double blind studies involving 1,757 patients were analyzed. St.John's Wort proved significantly superior to placebos an as effective as Prozac and other standard antidepressant drugs. The big advantage of using Hypericum instead of antidepressant drugs is its safety and lack of side effects. St.John's Wort works by inhibiting serotonin reuptake just like the many new antidepressant drugs, and without any loss of libido or any violent outbursts, nausea, anxiety or nervousness.

The standard dose is 300 milligrams three times daily between meals.

WARNING: Do not use St.-John's-Wort if you are currently taking an antidepressant drug prescription. First see your doctor about discontinuing your drug.

Do not combine the HRC Formula for Depression Due to Serotonin Depletion with St.John's Wort. Consider St.John's Wort as alternative after you have reloaded your serotonin neurotransmitters but are still depressed. In most alcoholics the serotonin firing mechanism is fine, but alcohol has so depleted the neurotransmitter's supply that there's nothing much to fire. Reloading via the Formula for Depression Due to Serotonin Depletion is usually enough.

If you are still depressed after three weeks on the formula, you can use St.John's Wort to block serotonin from leaving the brain so that it naturally recycles back through the neurotransmitter. This creates a lot of extra serotonin in your brain. If alter four weeks on St.John's Wort you still do not get relief, trust me, your depression is not caused by serotonin depletion."

like i said dont worry about the alcoholism mentioning ints not just for alcoholics ,st.johns wort acts just like ssri's without any of the bad side affects,use this after reloading your seritonin,reload your seritonin with 1000mg of tryptophan a night before bed

trust me on this

and sorry for the length but its good stuff,you dont want benzodiazepines,they can be very addictive and ssri's can cause alot more problems

Avant Research/Labs Rep Colin O'Malley's Avatar
    Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Seeing a doctor is really the best way to deal with these issues,I'd look into cognitive behavioral therapy in conjunction with a drug and/or supplements.

To start,benzo's like klonopin are good for acute usage at a low dosage (klonopin at 2mg puts me in rare form) but using them on a daily basis will leave gaping holes in your short and long term memory all too quickly.***** at even a low dose of .5mg,OTOH,puts me in bit of a stupor which obviously ins't conductive to social activities.

Tianeptine is just about as good as it gets for anxiety along with stress induced depression but it gets expensive pretty quickly at $80/thereabouts per month.

Bacopa,ashwaganda are always good for lowering anxiety,with ash proven to have SSRI-esque qualities as it re-grows brain cells.

Trazadone is also pretty effective and it helps quite a bit with insomnia,the hangover is pretty heavy handed though unless you supplement with st.john's wort in the morning(and only then).It's also worth mentioning that contrary to almost every other drug which has a beneficial impact on insomnia/poor sleep architecture,that trazadone *RAISES* REM sleep to a signifigant degree.

I would also use low dose theanine on a consistent basis for a short while.

In liue of getting drunk to deal with anxiety or just when going out to quell anxiety altogether and feel eff'd up,I really like 3 grams of phenibut with 800mg of theanine on an empty stomach.I'd only use this once a week,if that often.The negative implications of using GABA oriented supps long term aren't worth the benefits they convey.I used this stack for the first time last weekend (I've used phenibut by itself several times without such profound effect) and felt like I was drunk on alcohol but in a much more lively mood with relatively no thoughts of depression.I did find myself stumbling on a couple seperate occasions throughout the night though and almost toppled myself to the ground once.

I'd urge you to research these substances before starting with any of them,via Pubmed.It's the best next thing to having a doctor as it's a catalog of virtually every medical study ever published.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez
    Last edited by NiceGuyEddie; 11-24-2007 at 12:19 AM.
    Avant Research Representative
    www.AvantResearch.com
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/avant/avant.htm

Avant Research/Labs Rep Colin O'Malley's Avatar
    Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Avant Research Representative
    www.AvantResearch.com
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/avant/avant.htm

This is what I'm talking about, you don't want to get in to all these compounds without much knowledge.

I knew somebody would bring up 5-HTP, I believe repeated use will down regulate setatonin levels

This is what I'm talking about, you don't want to get in to all these compounds without much knowledge.

I knew somebody would bring up 5-HTP, I believe repeated use will down regulate setatonin levels
    I agree... I suffered from really bad panic attacks and anxiety and like I said before nothing help other then a doctor and that even took awhile to dial in on what was going on with me. It's been over 3 years now and maybe I've had 2 or 3 minor attacks but nothing like I use to get.

Get medical help and see what the deal is before you try to self medicate yourself. You may do more bad then good, just my 2 cents but I've been there and it's not fun.

Recip's Fierce Crew!!!!

TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I used to have crippling anxiety. Id get a shot of adrenaline for no good reason like 4 or 5 times a day. Total fight-or-flight response to things like standing in line, or ordering a pizza. I would have horrific insomnia due to it, and would only sleep a few hours a night. This would make me sketchy and in even worse condition the next day. Ive tried several different dosages of paxil, *****, and was even prescribed zoloft. Nothing seemed to make a drastic improvement.

Believe it or not, the thing that helped the most was getting serious about weight lifting. I had gone here or there, maybe a couple times a week to the gym for years, but once I got a serious routine and started lifting heavy, it made a huge impact in my life. I have more confidence, and my anxiety is all but completely gone. Every night I can burn off any stress, and work towards having a better body and self opinion.

I also have a caffeine cutoff after 12:00 noon. It was tough to get used to but this has really helped me fall asleep in a matter of minutes instead of tossing and turning and grappling with my own mind for hours on end every night. Getting a good night sleep really leveled me out in short order. No more sketchy, tweaked out days.

A solid workout routine and a caffeine cutoff have made a huge improvement in my life in a matter of just a couple of months. Its better than anything the doctors ever tried prescribing me, thats for sure. Try it yourself, and see if its a simple fix for you too, cause to be honest, it would have taken a lot more / stronger drugs to do it chemically.
    Last edited by TonySturch; 11-24-2007 at 07:54 AM.

fibercarbon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fibercarbon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fibercarbon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fibercarbon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fibercarbon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fibercarbon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fibercarbon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fibercarbon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fibercarbon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fibercarbon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fibercarbon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    isnt tryptophan whats in turkey thats supposed to make you drowsy?

i said not touse 5htp do yall even read stuff through!!!!!!

there are way better ways to deal with anxiety ,a doc will most likely go for ssri's,or benzodiazepines(******,*****..etc)

i could bearly go out of the house, healthrecovery.com!!!!!
    these people deal with anxiety issues ,as well as all sorts of issues EVERYDAY
    the difference on the anxiety formula they supplied and before i took it was night and day

ill say this again ,doctors prescribe ssri's (zoloft ,paxil) thinking that speeding up the transmitters will help,(when in most cases all that is wrong is there isnt enough seritonin to send/transmit to the receptors) and adding a ssri to this and you have problems ,if a transmiter happens to run out of seritonin because it was low in the first place then a "misfire" will happen ad this is very bad

not to mention ssri's cause other issues ,(lowered libido being a major one,it can actually make you more depressed and anxiety ridon,i would try TRYPTOPHAN first and formost ,90% of the time ths is all anyone needs to get there seritonin levels BACK to normal,then your brain has plenty to work with,and then ,only then if you still have anxiety ST.JOHNS WORT works exactly like an ssri without the side affects

please try this first it will be WAY easier on your body/mind
    its worked for HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of people that go the that foundation

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There are free clinics, or clinics with low co-pay. Something like cognitive behavioral therapy could help, or perhaps a low dosed tricyclic antidepressant ($4/month at many national grocery stores w/pharmacy.)

See a doctor, don't self medicate.
    My place in here at bb.com is as a fitness enthusiast and recommendations do not represent medical advice. Please consult your examining physician for all medical concerns.

I'm not a "rep," and most "reps":
    1) are no more credentialed than you. 2) have no input and no understanding of their product formulations. 3) are merely paid in free product from the company they represent.

http://www.drivensports.co.uk/
    http://www.getds.com/

VANCOUVER CANUCKS FUK YEA MAGnitude's Avatar
    MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000)
    best meds for anxiety are ****** and *****. consult ur doctor as u will need a script for these medications, although try and learn some breathing techniques and other natural things to curb ur anxiety as u dont want to be dependant on meds as such.

good luck
    RIP- LUC BOURDON

GO THE CANUCKS, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes it is but not much at all in turkey ,

her is the info
    "How Tryptophan Works

The essential amino acid tryptophan is the ONLY SUBSTANCE able to "manufacture" serotonin, the neurotransmitter which controls our moods, sleep, sex drive, appetite and pain threshold. Eating disorders and violent behavior have been traced to serotonin depletion. Replacing needed serotonin can quickly lift your depression and end your insomnia.

In one notable study, a Dutch medical researcher demonstrated that the combination of tryptophan (2 grams nightly) and vitamin B6 (125 mg three times daily) could restore patients with anxiety-type depression to normal in four weeks. Remember that the type of depression that is accompanied by anxiety and sleep disturbances is most likely to respond to tryptophan (serotonin's precursor.)

New research (1997) from McGill University in Montreal has found that men produce 52% MORE serotonin than do women. This information seems to explain why more women than men appear to experience a shortage of this critical chemical that modulates moods, and so are more likely to suffer from depression and/or eating disorders."

VANCOUVER CANUCKS FUK YEA MAGnitude's Avatar
    MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000)
    stay away from caffeine. take an aspirin aswell
    RIP- LUC BOURDON

GO THE CANUCKS, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tryptophan is part of 5-HTP

Originally Posted by freeweight View Post
    yes it is but not much at all in turkey ,

her is the info
    "How Tryptophan Works

The essential amino acid tryptophan is the ONLY SUBSTANCE able to "manufacture" serotonin, the neurotransmitter which controls our moods, sleep, sex drive, appetite and pain threshold. Eating disorders and violent behavior have been traced to serotonin depletion. Replacing needed serotonin can quickly lift your depression and end your insomnia.

In one notable study, a Dutch medical researcher demonstrated that the combination of tryptophan (2 grams nightly) and vitamin B6 (125 mg three times daily) could restore patients with anxiety-type depression to normal in four weeks. Remember that the type of depression that is accompanied by anxiety and sleep disturbances is most likely to respond to tryptophan (serotonin's precursor.)

New research (1997) from McGill University in Montreal has found that men produce 52% MORE serotonin than do women. This information seems to explain why more women than men appear to experience a shortage of this critical chemical that modulates moods, and so are more likely to suffer from depression and/or eating disorders."

why would you want him to take a benzodiazipine(****** *****) ...it is VERY addictive and tolerance builds OVER night

if taken everyday for more than 2 weeks then stopping he will most likely WITHDRAWL FROM IT AND HAVE EVEN WORSE ANXIETY

MAN OH MAN ,you dont want to be a slave to a prescription drug like that,will cause seizures very qquickly when stopped

yea but it can cause blood seritonin overload=NOT GOOD

"A Word of Caution About 5-Hydroxytryptophan or 5-HTP Taken from The Life Extension Foundation Newsletter

The reasons for the potential risks of 5-HT were brought to our attention by Steven B Harris, M.D. He explained that: 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HT) is one step closer to serotonin than tryptophan. The Sequence is as follows.

Tryptophan > 5-Hydroxytryptophan > Serotonin

Based on the above metabolic sequence it would appear desirable to use 5-HT instead of tryptophan since 5-HT more readily converts to serotonin. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that is often deficient in the brains of depressed people. Boosting serotonin can alleviate depression in some people and reduce carbohydrate cravings in others, thus inducing weight loss. Here's why 5-HT will not work for most Americans, and could be lethal to some people: The blood-brain barrier does not allow significant absorption of serotonin from the blood. The brain does have a large neutral amino acid pump that freely allows tryptophan and 5-HT into the bran for conversion into serotonin. The process by which 5-H is converted into serotonin is called decarboxylation. If decarboxylation occurs before 5-HT is absorbed by the brain, than blood levels of serotonin will elevate significantly, but very little serotonin will enter the brain. When Europeans take 5-HT, they are often prescribed the dopa decarboxylase inhibitor carbidopa that prevents 5-HT from being converted into serotonin until it reaches the brain. Americans do not take carbidopa with 5-HT and the result is possible serotonin overload in the blood, with virtually no serotonin reaching the brain. We will describe later the dangers of overloading the blood with serotonin. Americans taking 5-HT are more vulnerable to blood serotonin overload because, unlike most Europeans who are vitamin deficient, Americans who use 5-HT usually take large doses of vitamin B6 as well. Vitamin B6 rapidly converts 5-HT into serotonin before it can reach the brain. Even when combined with carbidopa, high levels of vitamin B6 will break through the carbidopa barrier and insure that 5-HT converts into serotonin in the blood before the it can reach the brain The multiple health benefits of vitamin B6 are too important, we believe, to recommend that people avoid taking vitamin B6 just to enable them to try using 5-HT to boost brain serotonin levels. This may be difficult anyway without also taking carbidopa, which is only available in the US. as a prescription drug. At the very best, those who take vitamin B6 with 5-HT are probably wasting their money. Unfortunately, high serotonin in the blood in not benign. Anyone suffering from heart disease should avoid 5-HT because the elevation in blood serotonin could cause coronary artery spasm an/or abnormal platelet aggregation, which are risk factors for sudden death heart attack. Here is the real frightening aspect of serotonin overload, as described by Dr. Harris: "Serotonin causes not only harmless flushing and diarrhea, but people with serotonin secreting tumors (hindgut carcinoids) also have problems with fibrosis of the endocardium and valves of their right hearts with can cause heart failure. The effect can also be seen with dietary intake of only modest amounts of serotonin, and there has actually been described in the medical literature, a tribe of South Sea islanders with right heart fibrosis as a result of eating green banana mush, which poisons them with its serotonin content" Dr. Harris goes on to state that people who ingest several hundred milligrams a day of 5-HT with B6 and without a decarboxylase inhibitor would expect to see urinary excretion of a serotonin metabolite in the same range as a person with a serotonin secreting tumor. Based upon Dr. Harris' report the Foundation had its analysts conduct an extensive review of the medical literature and have come to the following preliminary conclusions. 1) For 5-HT to boost serotonin levels in the brain it is necessary to: a)Take 50 mg of carbidopa before each 5-HT dose. Carbidopa is a prescription drug. b)Limit vitamin B6 supplementation to a small dose taken at least six hours before or after 5-HT carbidopa dosing. c) Have a urinary test to measure a metabolite of serotonin called 5-hydroxy indoleacetic acid (5-HIAA) on a regular basis. As long as 5-HIAA levels are normal, than 5-HT intake would be safe. 2) Those with existing cardiovascular disease, including atrial fibrillation, coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, cardiomyopathy, valvular disease or pulmonary hypertension may want to avoid 5-HT completely. One Foundation analyst felt that 81 mg a day of aspirin and 500 mg a day of magnesium would reduce the risk of 5-HT inducing a heart attack. 3)The effects of 5-HT by itself elevating blood serotonin levels are extremely individualistic. Some people may not experience any blood serotonin increase, while others could suffer from a lethal serotonin peripheral overload. 4) Despite the potential dangers of 5-HT, most FDA-approved drugs to treat depression and obesity appear to be more toxic. 5) At the time of this printing, we have not been able to verify whether 5-HT induced serotonin overload would cause fibrosis of the aortic valve and destruction of the heart muscle. Based on the potential health risks of ingesting 5-HIT, Bio Recovery has decided not to offer it tat this time. we encourage anyone seeking to use 5-HT to follow strictly the above protocol for safe 5-HT supplementation. We'll post further evidence regarding 5-HTP as soon as it becomes available. This warning applies only to 5-hydroxy tryptophan (5-HT), not tryptophan itself. Published studies show that tryptophan does not readily convert into serotonin in the blood, but that 5-HT does, since 5-HT can convert directly into serotonin while tryptophan has to go through one additional metabolic step which protects against blood serotonin overload,"
    Last edited by freeweight; 11-24-2007 at 08:58 AM.

im gonna pick up a bottle of L-Tryptophan to take along with my valerian root and passion flower extract.. see how it helps