Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Dirty bulks are best!!!!

INTRODUCTION:

''Oh ****, I ate one slice of cheese, I'm gonna get fat''

''Sorry Mum, I can't eat this pasta, the sauce has sugar and salt in and it will make me get fat''

''Sorry babe, we can't go out for a pizza becuase I'm bulking''????

These are quotes I have heard by people who are neurotic enough to follow a clean bulking diet to the strictest detail. Yes, clean bulking has it's place in the world of bodybuilding, but only if you want to seriously limit your gains and stay lean all year round.

Remember, to put on muscle you HAVE to gain some fat, unless you are on AAS. People with excellent genetics may be able to put on muscle while staying at the same bf, but, for most of us, this is virtually impossible.

If you ever seen pros off season, they look huge, but have relatively high body fat. Some pros eat bigger than others during the off season, and this shows come contest time. Lee Priest for example, is over 2'' shorter than Shawn Ray, yet he carries at least 15lbs more mass than Shawn. The difference is in what they eat. Lee looks 'fat' off season, whereas Shawn looks relatively lean all year round. Lee Priest eats 'dirty foods', in addition to his normal bulking diet!

WHAT ARE 'DIRTY FOODS'?

Ok, so what's the point of all this? Dirty foods are so important while bulking, especially if you are a newbie! Saturated fat (a component of many dirty foods) helps raise test levels, leading to increased muscle mass development! Dirty foods are also VERY HIGH in cals, and we all know how important calories are while bulking.

EXAMPLES OF DIRTY FOODS:

pizza (eat a few times a week, provides protein, calories, saturated fat)

ice-cream (protein, saturated fat, high in calories)

red meat (even meats like ham can be consumed while bulking, very useful source of nutrients / saturated fat)

chocolate (calories, consume IN MODERATION!)

normal high/medium fat cheese (protein, vitamins, minerals, saturated fat)

full-fat milk

eggs (include the yolk every time you eat an egg!)

Burgers (better than nothing, can be eaten once a week if dirty bulking!)

FINAL NOTE:

Dirty bulking is NOT an excuse to eat **** all day and there are some foods that are completely useless altogether (french fries, packets of crisps, pop, sweets, etc...)

You WILL gain some fat when you are bulking dirty, but the result will be that you have MORE MUSCLE MASS than if you had clean bulked.

END OF ARTICLE

ps I wrote this myself, an I'm fully open to any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. SO if you're going to say 'you talk ****', keep your comments to yourself.

k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well if u don't mind having a huge gut i guess thats cool. And cutting is goin to be alot harder. When u clean bulk there is no cutting u just do some cardio while bulking so you can stay at that low b/f.
    I reached my goal of 180... so where to now I don't know maybe 190 maybe 170. I think 190

tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up Couldn't agree more with you pop.

Nobody wants to get fat but it just the way things are,lol.As you said clean bulking is if you are trying to stay lean and not gain so fast.The way i see it is its a bus ride.You bulk till you want to get off.I don't intend to compete so getting lean or cutting even for summer never seems that appealing.So long as my chest sticks out more than my gut its all good:P
    Why does **** have HIT in it?
    FINALLY LIFTING AGAIN!!!PROPERLY!!!LETS ADD SOME BEEF!!

(no homo is implied) keepemseparated's Avatar
    keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good article! Points out you don't have to stay totally lean all year round. Bookmarked. I'd rather try to stay lean though. The dirtier you eat, the higher your maintenence calories goes, and the more you have to eat on a clean bulk. (The reson I say dirty bulking raises maintenence calories is because those foods generally have a high calorie total. ex. a whole pizza from like dominos is normally around 3000 cals. (guesstimate))

KES
    "Ignore the ramblings of the ignorant, and step on or over their crumpled bodies as you make your way to the top of the mountain. Eat upon their flesh for fuel and through your determination and will, banish them to obscurity anda life of complacency and self righteousness that is the hell in which they live."

-Richard Safreed

popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the replies guys!

One more thing:

I know a gym instructor who is a BBer but is obsessed with staying lean all year round. He stays at 7% bf all year round, but he has 15.5'' arms max (not growing much either). He said to me that you can only gain 7lbs of lean mass evry year. That is a crock of bull****. I gained 7lbs in a week once and my BB curl max went up by 15lbs!!!

Registered User NorwegianBadass's Avatar
    NorwegianBadass is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianBadass is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianBadass is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianBadass is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianBadass is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianBadass is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianBadass is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianBadass is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianBadass is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianBadass is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianBadass is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm not over hardcore when it comes to diets.. I eat alot of good food like tuna, wheat-bread, oatmeal, milk, eggs, chicken etc and I stay away from most sweets etc!

BUT.. a few times every week I eat maybe a cooki (small one) or a small pice of chocolat just to feel the taste of it.. and take a zip of cola light!
    I also drink once or twice each month...

Yeasterday I was helping one of my aunts changing appartment... And two of my other aunts where there to and they were like
    "do you want some appel pie"
    me "no thanks"...
    "some soda then?"
    me "no thanks"

then my other aunt said "yeah, hes trying to be so healty etc" they are all pretty big and one of my aunts smoke like hell si I just

Actually I was hungry as a mother****er, but I rather wanted to go home and get some real food! So I just drove home before the others to eat

justlooking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justlooking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justlooking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justlooking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justlooking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justlooking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justlooking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justlooking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ahum...If I have to choose between an awesome physique for two weeks in a whole year and a slight-less awesome physique the whole year round, quess what I'm gonna chose: Thats right, the second option.

And what's with that Lee Priest example? Why do we want to do what he does? You just said yourself he looks fat in offseason. I dont wanna look fat, ever!

Registered User NorwegianBadass's Avatar
    NorwegianBadass is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianBadass is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianBadass is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianBadass is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianBadass is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianBadass is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianBadass is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianBadass is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianBadass is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianBadass is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianBadass is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by justlooking
    Ahum...If I have to choose between an awesome physique for two weeks in a whole year and a slight-less awesome physique the whole year round, quess what I'm gonna chose: Thats right, the second option.

And what's with that Lee Priest example? Why do we want to do what he does? You just said yourself he looks fat in offseason. I dont wanna look fat, ever!
    Same here!!!

Originally Posted by justlooking

'fat' in inverted commas - fat for a BBer, but still lean when compared to average guys on the street. Sorry for the misunderstanding!!!!!

USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I agree that you shouldn't be trying to stay at 6% all the time, but putting on the most muscle mass possible at the fastest rate while keeping bodyfat at a reasonable level is definitely possible. There is no reason to gain lots of fat in teh off-season. With just a little knowledge and experience with nutrition you can keep bodyfat at minimum levels while putting on tons of mass. Cutting phases are useless, why do it unless you're just too fat in the first place? Be careful doing your 'getting bigger' phase and you won't have to worry about that useless cutting crap.

keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    USMuscle made a great point.
    "Ignore the ramblings of the ignorant, and step on or over their crumpled bodies as you make your way to the top of the mountain. Eat upon their flesh for fuel and through your determination and will, banish them to obscurity anda life of complacency and self righteousness that is the hell in which they live."

-Richard Safreed

justlooking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justlooking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justlooking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justlooking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justlooking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justlooking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justlooking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justlooking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

The point is, "Bulking" and "eating" are the magical words on this forum, but when I look at the pictures section I see way too many dirty bulks happening. But, thats just my opinion. I dont like the look of big muscles with 20% bodyfat. Especially on people with wide hips it doesnt look too good.
    But...everyone has his own preverence. Some will like that look and thats fine with me. Each person need to decide whats best for himself. If you want a really lean physique, I wouldnt do crazy bulking cycles followed by extreme cutting. If you want to be big with average bodyfat 12-15% you probably need to do different things. To each his own. :)

MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50)

heh

Wow i as i read this..i am eating Tysons popcorn chicken!...Go dirty bulk!

Originally Posted by MonsterBulk
    Wow i as i read this..i am eating Tysons popcorn chicken!...Go dirty bulk!
    Yeah man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's nice to hear that I'm not the only person on here who's not fanatical about eating clean!!!!!!!!!

Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I ate like 5 pieces of pizza yesterday, and at my grocery meeting last Monday, I had like 6 slices of a sheet pizza. mmmmmm. i believe in eating good foods like chicken, tuna, veggies, whole wheat bread, but also good foods too.
    Currently: 17 years old
    Weight: 160 pounds

Max-OT: Doing week 3

Max-OT stands for Maximum Overload Training. It's getting the maximum amount of muscle in the shortest amount of time.

MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am an ectomorph and ive gained 27lbs...over the past 7 - 8 months? i think, i used to weight 110 now i weight 137lbs. Being an ectomorph has its benefits guys...I JUST EAT WHATEVER. GO DIRTY BULK!

Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    thanks for bringing this up popeye, i have been lucky where i can eat anything i want and grow muscle and not gain much fat at all i have been wanting to bring this up, , people tend to use the "well pros always clean bulk" yes most do clean bulk, but they already have the size that is winning shows for them, 75 percent of the teen section doesnt top 150, and almost no one weighs in over 200 its because there all scared of getting fat so they eat oats tuna and chicken breast and think there going to get big it not happening, also getting fat does not happen overnight if you dont like what you see in the mirror cut you cals back a little and do cardio until it is resolved.

on a side note i dont like soda,candy
    Last edited by Swizzle Dizzle; 06-17-2005 at 07:17 AM.
    "You better push,cuz im not lifting it off of you." By: my brother-every single time i lift.

"i know youve got it down... fap fap. or choo choo

the choice?

yours."--WakingMalice

Would it be good to dirty bulk and do cardio? That way you keep fat levels down, but your calories are still way up there.

KES

-Richard Safreed

Originally Posted by Swizzle Dizzle
    thanks for bringing this up popeye, i have been lucky where i can eat anything i want and grow muscle and not gain much fat at all i have been wanting to bring this up, , people tend to use the "well pros always clean bulk" yes most do clean bulk, but they already have the size that is winning shows for them, 75 percent of the teen section doesnt top 150, and almost no one weighs in over 200 its because there all scared of getting fat so they eat oats tuna and chicken breast and think there going to get big it not happening, also getting fat does not happen overnight if you dont like what you see in the mirror cut you cals back a little and do cardio until it is resolved.

on a side note i dont like soda,candy
    Bang on. I weighed 203 bloated (NOT FAT!) about 2 weeks ago. Now I'm just under 200 and my abs are getting better and my strenght to bodweight ratio is going up!

Originally Posted by keepemseparated
    Would it be good to dirty bulk and do cardio? That way you keep fat levels down, but your calories are still way up there.

KES
    YES!!!. Do 15mins cardio (run, treadmill, rowing machine, stationary bike, heavy bag etc...) in the morning (NOT ON AN EMPTY STOMACH!) 3 times a week. Any more than that and you risk slowing down your bulking gains!

juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000)
    hey popeye, out of curiosity, when are you gonna post your pics?
    now, dont take that as a personal shot at you, as you know that you and I for the most part, see eye to eye on several things, id just like to see the physique behind the thoughts........

JC
    "Wow Strong Arms"

Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by popeye_99
    Bang on.
    Thanks its nice to hear some encourgement, my goal is 200 by summer next year i am bulking through the summer because i am not fat at all(Went to a water park monday of this week and i was proud to take of my shirt and show off my newly aquired size) 200 is only about 28 pounds away I will make it sooner than next summer because of how quickly i am able to gain but i will have time to fine tune everything!

200 here i come
    "You better push,cuz im not lifting it off of you." By: my brother-every single time i lift.

the choice?

yours."--WakingMalice

My hart Bleedz 4 my peeps Da Master Piece's Avatar
    Da Master Piece is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da Master Piece is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da Master Piece is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da Master Piece is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da Master Piece is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da Master Piece is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da Master Piece is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da Master Piece is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da Master Piece is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da Master Piece is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da Master Piece is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by juanca
    now, dont take that as a personal shot at you, as you know that you and I for the most part, see eye to eye on several things, id just like to see the physique behind the thoughts........

JC

Agreed by ur thoughts, I wud like to see his pics to. but i dnt know why Popeye has kind of inspired me to dirty bulk LOL. I feel like doing it now even though i'm making good gains by Clean bulk, u think i shud?
    The most outstanding work an individual can achieve has a name. Michelangelo chiseled granite with his bare hands to make it. Mozart labored in poverty to find it. Hemmingway took his own life when he could no longer write it. One man has gone beyond them all. One man has truly produced a work that humbles those who stand before it. His name is “Da Masterpiece.”

Originally Posted by juanca

JC
    Probably in a couple of months bro, I WILL post pics, I will also post pics of my lifts specially for people who think my stats are BS!!

Location: Squat Rack.. doing shrugs.. ........ ........ .... ...... ...... .............. ............ ............ on your leg day..
    Brigidane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brigidane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brigidane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brigidane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brigidane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brigidane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brigidane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brigidane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brigidane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brigidane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brigidane will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OK popeye, Did you know that eating more Saturated fat than your body can break down clogs up your arteries? I dont think you can break more than 30g a day may be even less, so when you are eating pizza and yolks your clogging your self up w/ that crap.

also didnt you say you consume 10,000 cal a day, well 3500 cal = a lb of fat, so you are gainnig 1-1.5 lbs a day?

Registered User beginnerbuilder's Avatar
    beginnerbuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) beginnerbuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) beginnerbuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) beginnerbuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) beginnerbuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) beginnerbuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) beginnerbuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) beginnerbuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) beginnerbuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) beginnerbuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) beginnerbuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ate a bowl of ice cream yesterday and im not luggin around excess bodyfat.
    Bad foods ok every once in a while.

Just my opinion.

Originally Posted by Brigidane
    OK popeye, Did you know that eating more Saturated fat than your body can break down clogs up your arteries? I dont think you can break more than 30g a day may be even less, so when you are eating pizza and yolks your clogging your self up w/ that crap.

also didnt you say you consume 10,000 cal a day, well 3500 cal = a lb of fat, so you are gainnig 1-1.5 lbs a day?
    I gained 14lbs in 14 days once, and my abs were just as visible AFTER those gains.

And yeah, I knew everything there^^^.... lol

I gained 14lbs in 14 days once, and my abs were just as visible AFTER those gains.

And yeah, I knew everything there^^^.... lol
    But popeye... your Testosterone enhanced

the choice?

yours."--WakingMalice

juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000)
    INTRODUCTION:

''Oh ****, I ate one slice of cheese, I'm gonna get fat''

''Sorry Mum, I can't eat this pasta, the sauce has sugar and salt in and it will make me get fat''

''Sorry babe, we can't go out for a pizza becuase I'm bulking''????
    OK, these cases are the SEVERELY obssesed buck20 kids who overanalyze things. once you reach a basic understanding of BB'ing nutrition, these things become more clearer to you. basically, let the kids have there moments and try to help them, chances are, some of us thought that way too.

Yes, clean bulking has it's place in the world of bodybuilding, but only if you want to seriously limit your gains and stay lean all year round.
    clean bulking will NOT "limit" your gains. dont make this out to be another one of those "cardio limits gains" myth please. several people(haha, chances are NO ONE at bb.com) maintain low bf% year round and make great gains. you just have to open your eyes to more than the cutting & bulking ideas.

If you ever seen pros off season, they look huge, but have relatively high body fat. Some pros eat bigger than others during the off season, and this shows come contest time.
    yes, many do, but also, MANY stay between 7-10% year round, and STILL make gains.

FINAL NOTE:

Dirty bulking is NOT an excuse to eat **** all day and there are some foods that are completely useless altogether (french fries, packets of crisps, pop, sweets, etc...)

You WILL gain some fat when you are bulking dirty, but the result will be that you have MORE MUSCLE MASS than if you had clean bulked.
    AT WHAT COST?
    putting on 50/50 fat/muscle??
    at least you put a clause there to let people know not to eat crap, but still, people associate "dirty bulking" with eating crap and gaining 50lbs of fat as "good gains", when they are not.

IMO( popeye, you should use this term more often, itll save you alot of headaches) BB'ing shouldnt be a race, you shouldnt be obssesed with gaining a large amount of size, mostly fat, just to say you made gains and are now 180lbs.......that shows major flaws in your self-esteem and character.

remember, what happens after you dirty bulk? lets say you put on 60lbs in 3months.

then what? now you have to cut? how much do you have to cut? about, atleast id say 50rite?? how long do you think itll take you to lose to 50lbs? sure, you could take ECY, whatever else u wanna take, BUT, all that weight gained just to lose it in 2months? whats the purpose?? i just dont see it.....sorry

id rather do, and am doing, eating the right amount of food of high quality foods, HIGH protein, 2g per LB, training hard, doing low intensity cardio and STILL making gains while lowering/maintaining bf the same.

the end result? well see in the next few months, but so far ive lost some bf and managed to gain a few lbs, hopefully itll continue like that. and guess what? i wont have to waste 6months later on, reducing calories and doing cardio 5times a week and taking all these fat burners to lose 50lbs that i wouldve gained had i dirty bulked.

i hope you understand the point here, this is solely my opinion.

JC
    "Wow Strong Arms"

lukehutton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lukehutton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lukehutton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lukehutton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lukehutton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lukehutton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lukehutton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lukehutton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lukehutton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lukehutton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lukehutton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    clean bulk is a far better option, u can gain more muscle mass, as cutting time is minimal allowing u to gain for longer, whilst dirty bulkers will lose alot of teh advantages of extra muscle wile dirty bulking thru the cut + no1 lyks cutting so taht can be avoided and u always look far better, finally wen clean bulking and eating enough u wont have a craving for any dirty foods, thats wot i find if i bulk properly anyway