jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Coan/Phillipi Dead/squat routine w/ Coan bench cycle?

Well...I have been doing Westside for a long time now. I felt just for the sake of gaining knowledge and trying something different, that I want to use these programs for the next 10-11 weeks. Wanted to get some input from everyone on what they thought about combining these programs, as again, I've never done anything different than Westside. I know to train accordingly, back off of assistance if I'm feeling overtrained, etc...I appreciate the input.

http://tsampa.org/training/scripts/c...bmit=Calculate - Deads

http://www.joeskopec.com/edcoanbench.html - Bench

http://www.joeskopec.com/coancalc.html - Squats (Thanks to StronginChrist for this one)

For squats, I planed on using the percentages, then still do my regular assistance of lats/lowerback/hams..I will go easier though.
    Last edited by jmil; 08-30-2007 at 12:29 PM.
    DIABLO BARBELL
    1003, 540, 800 Multiply

Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certified

StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000)
    I use coans peaking program with the C/P. It only has 2 sets for squats and no assistance. I hammer it with cp on friday and hit the peaking program on monday. The 2 sets have been hard though and my legs have been good and sore the last 4 weeks

http://www.joeskopec.com/coancalc.html

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    you can most definitely work that bench cycle in with the squat and dead routines. What I'd do is line up the end dates so they all end the same week, then count back from there to see when you should start each lift's cycle.

jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    you can most definitely work that bench cycle in with the squat and dead routines. What I'd do is line up the end dates so they all end the same week, then count back from there to see when you should start each lift's cycle.
    Good call danimal, will set everything up today. Thanks for the response, I appreciate it!
    DIABLO BARBELL
    1003, 540, 800 Multiply

Also, for squats...I will be using 14" box squats.
    DIABLO BARBELL
    1003, 540, 800 Multiply

http://tsampa.org/training/scripts/c...bmit=Calculate - going off of a 540 max on the deadlift routine now...
    DIABLO BARBELL
    1003, 540, 800 Multiply

StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just a word of caution** The desired max is what is used for all of your percentages. For this reason I was actually maxing out in 4 weeks because I put 40 pounds as my increase weight. I had to drop it halfway through. Prior to starting there were people telling me this and I was like, nah I gots this homie, but I was wrong

I would say just go for it though. If you notice the sets getting insanely hard early and you start missing reps, then just recalculate the program and continue from the week you were on.

Originally Posted by StrongInChrist View Post
    Just a word of caution** The desired max is what is used for all of your percentages. For this reason I was actually maxing out in 4 weeks because I put 40 pounds as my increase weight. I had to drop it halfway through. Prior to starting there were people telling me this and I was like, nah I gots this homie, but I was wrong

I would say just go for it though. If you notice the sets getting insanely hard early and you start missing reps, then just recalculate the program and continue from the week you were on.
    Yea, I was noticing that...thank you for the advice, I appreciate it. If I'm slowing down, or missing lifts...I will definitely go down a bit, and start the workout from there.

One thing I meant to mention about the benching part, was that I found my weakness!!...it was supposed to be....Bench 260 @ 2 x 10...CGBP 230 @ 2 x 10...Incline 215 @ 2 x 10...I got the bench, missed 2 reps on CG just do to tiring out, definitely not used to the rep range...but had to drop all the way to 170 on incline, and still didn't hit 10...went 9 and 8 I believe. I have found my weakpoint, and am hoping that bringing up my incline, will help the bench...we shall see!

Thanks again StronginChrist!
    DIABLO BARBELL
    1003, 540, 800 Multiply

Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jmil View Post
    Yea, I was noticing that...thank you for the advice, I appreciate it. If I'm slowing down, or missing lifts...I will definitely go down a bit, and start the workout from there.

One thing I meant to mention about the benching part, was that I found my weakness!!...it was supposed to be....Bench 260 @ 2 x 10...CGBP 230 @ 2 x 10...Incline 215 @ 2 x 10...I got the bench, missed 2 reps on CG just do to tiring out, definitely not used to the rep range...but had to drop all the way to 170 on incline, and still didn't hit 10...went 9 and 8 I believe. I have found my weakpoint, and am hoping that bringing up my incline, will help the bench...we shall see!

Thanks again StronginChrist!
    I am the same way...my incline is extremely weak compared to my bench. How do you plan to bring up the incline? I have a plan to:

paused incline bench speed work
    more incline DB press without locking out all the way (or Incline BB press)
    more incline lol