Brotherhood of Iron butchershop666's Avatar
    butchershop666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butchershop666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butchershop666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butchershop666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Body Fat Testing Post Pregnancy

I am currently studying for my ACSM cPT certification. Today someone in the gym asked me, just as a quiz, where to measure the body fat on a woman who had just had a baby. Normally bodyfat analysis is done on the abdomen, the thigh, or the tricep, but measuring there would most likely be an inaccurate way to see their composition because that is where most women store their fat during pregnancy, while other areas remain unaffected. Does anyone know where to measure? Serious answers only please. Thanks a bunch.
    Find that spark inside you, and make it into the biggest F***ing bonfire anyone has ever seen!

Location: "You wanna play games? Well when it's game time, it's pain time!"
    Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by butchershop666
    I am currently studying for my ACSM cPT certification. Today someone in the gym asked me, just as a quiz, where to measure the body fat on a woman who had just had a baby. Normally bodyfat analysis is done on the abdomen, the thigh, or the tricep, but measuring there would most likely be an inaccurate way to see their composition because that is where most women store their fat during pregnancy, while other areas remain unaffected. Does anyone know where to measure? Serious answers only please. Thanks a bunch.
    Wrong place for this question...

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    serious reply here--- but why bother... its the last thing on their mind...

BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My guess would be the same place you would test before pregnancy. Why would it be any different? If you add body fat, it goes to the same places whether you are pregant or not. Each person only has a certain number of fat cells.
    Last edited by BORN2LOSE; 03-10-2005 at 06:17 PM.
    Putting fools to sleep since 2005
    Prime BJJ

Brotherhood of Iron butchershop666's Avatar
    butchershop666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butchershop666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butchershop666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butchershop666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, I know this isn't the best place for the thread, but there's no Trainer's section that I could find.
    Find that spark inside you, and make it into the biggest F***ing bonfire anyone has ever seen!