showwtime09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

journal: showwtime's summer cut

backround: was on keto from 170ish to 155 low.... then clean bulked recently.... now i am back up to a high of 168

Now its time to get back on a cut and get down to the next level. at 155, i was at my lowest body fat ever, and now back up to 168 i dont feel like i have gained more than a couple pounds fat (not including water weight, ect), so hopefully after this cut ill be down to new lower levels of bodyfat ive never been to before :-)

Training:
    Lifting at night on mon, tues, thurs, fri, sat(light)
    cardio after i wake up mon, wed, fri, sat or sun(light)

The workouts wont be as scheduled as my bulk was but for the most part will be a rotation of full upper or lower body workouts as well as my regular chest/tri, back/bi some days

The cardio will be usually around 12 noon, as i wake up around 11 am usually :-) . This too will be random, as i have alot of forms of cardio. it will be a random rotation of basketball, ellitical (HIIT), swimming, MMA training/workouts

Diet:

It will start off looking like this, then I will tweak it a little bit as i go, probably reducing the food a little more. this would be a normal cardio and lifting day, with the food around 2,000 cals in this example:

11am: ECA stack... then protein shake

11 30: ~ cardio ~

1 pm: meat + veggies (all high protein, lower carb)

3 pm: meat + veggies

5 pm: meat + veggies

7pm: eca stack

715 : protein shake

7 30: ~ weightlifting ~

9 30: protein shake

11-12: tuna

1-2: nonfat cottage cheese

(meats: tuna, chicken, steak)

supplements:
    whey protein
    bcaa powder
    eca stack
    sesamin/fish oil

______
    2nd yr uni: loong cleeaan bulk

"No point in losing permanent progress over temporary taste. You can have a good taste in your mouth for 5 minutes, or look good for 40 years...your choice."

did my first MMA workout today... good cardio

"No point in losing permanent progress over temporary taste. You can have a good taste in your mouth for 5 minutes, or look good for 40 years...your choice."

woke up today... and i was sore head to toe.... so today is my off day... tomarrow should be a hard day in the gym, sunday a light workout, then my cutting phase officially starts monday

last night I hit up my all upper body workout with an amazing intensity, but then I feel asleep too early and skipped my pre-bed nutrition... :-/

this is the first time as far as i can remember where ive been upset a lil becuz of under eating.... usually its because of over-eating.... and i have to say, it feels alot better skipping an important meal rather than way over eating on a meal :-)

week 1, monday

weighed in at 165 today

today the plan is for MMA training/cardio earlier, then shoulders tonight
    Last edited by showwtime09; 08-20-2007 at 11:18 AM.

week 1, thursday

planned double day
    at noon i went and did 25 min on the elliptical, and afterwards played about 30 minutes of full court basketball for my cardio

tonight hopefuly i can still do my leg workout :-)

... and tomarrow looks like it might be my off day; depends how im feeling

week 1, friday

... i hit my legs so hard last night i really couldnt walk around much today ... and all of my upperbody has that 2nd day soreness feeling... so its been a well deserved rest day, jus kickin it wit friends :-)

week 1, saturday

weighed in at 163 this morning on an empty stomach... down 5 lbs from my peak of 168

everything is flowin smooth so far...

the plan for today is the upper body lifting workout
    Last edited by showwtime09; 08-25-2007 at 12:16 PM.

week 2, tuesday

legs were dead from squatting yesturday, then today i did chest/tri

this week has been relatively clean... a bite of cheat food here and there only =)

week 2, thurs

random weigh in today at 161... and my body is feelin veerryy sore from yesturdays intense rock climbing session... =)

week 2, sunday

in the past, anytime there was a day like yesturday (saturday, bday party), it would end up becoming a major cheat day, but yesturday i was able to resist myself from eating anything too bad.... and im feelin pretty good about that =) ....

week 3, monday

WHEW. got through another crazy night without putting on weight. sunday night I ended up at a big house party with lots of: food, dessert, alcohol, and ganje. as far as i remember, i started the night with some bomb chicken they made, 15 min later started with the shots, drinks, ect... no beer tho. topped it off with a couple hits.... later hit the pool where we played some basketball .... and then later finished it off with some light dessert but nothing over the top =)

anyways, back to my diet.... its time to step up the diet to the next level... im starting to taper off carbs more and more.... pretty much only going to eat it when i wake, and post workout. other than that, im going to try to eat mainly fat and protein meals....

week 3, tuesday

one more thing to add to my diet variation: in addition to lower/spaced out carbs, i will be having days where theres higher carb/lower carb.... no exact schedule to it.... mostly going off what my body feels. it will probably come to 4-5 days of reg/low carb, then the other 2-3 days will be higher/lower carb days

anyways... today was cardio at noon, lifting legs tonight.... hopefully i can do chest tomarrow so thurs can be my off day. MAGIC MOUNTAIN, again. =)

week 3, saturday

turns out magic mountain endin up happenin on friday(crazy day), so now today is my "day after"....

week 4, monday

weighed in this morning at 161... but this is while not feeling as empty in the morning as last time, as well as my muslces feeling pretty full at the moment.... so think im still making some progress, BUT

my summer cut is almost over, and now i gottta start cracking down. i only have this week and maybe next before im going to be moving back to college and im going to be transitioning again....

time for a elliptical/basketball cardio session =)

week 4, wednesday

ive been extra strict this week with everything ive been doing and im noticing an immead. difference.... ill prolly post 1 days food log one here later

hittin the legs tonight folowed by a light swim.... and tomarrow hopefully one of my all upper body workouts (realized i havent been utilizing it as much on my cut)

sample days food: medium carb day
    nutrient types case sensitive

meal 0: P+c : protein shake w/ milk
    meal 1: P+C+f : chicken + mixed veggies(peas, carrots, corn, ect)
    meal 2: P+F : steak + normandy veggies(brocolli, cauli., carrots ,ect)
    meal 3: P+F : steak/chicken + normandy veggies

pre workout : drink: BCAA's powder + gatorade + water
    workout :water
    meal 5: P + c : protein shake immead after + end of preworkout drink

meal 6: P + C : chicken + mixed veggies
    meal 7: P + F : steak + normandy veggies
    meal 8: P + f : ff cottage cheese + some almonds

~~~~~~~~~~~

this would be one day of perfection.... usually i would get close
    Last edited by showwtime09; 09-13-2007 at 06:07 PM.

week 4, saturday

been moving in recently... so its throwing off my gym/eating.... then a trip across country for a couple days next week.... so right now ill just be maintaining and having a nice couple days of rest/light gym to recover from hittin it hard the whole summer :-)

the 6 pack is startin to show alot more hopefully this keeps goin and goin =)

week 5, wednesday

im baaack. whew. that was a NICE couple days off from the gym, while only continuing to eat healthy. wow. i feel great. went to washington dc for a day, with alot of rest before that from the gym too... all my meals were pretty healthy on the trip - chicken salads...steak w/ veggies...fruit smoothie... som subway - which gave me a good idea on how to maintain weight away from home :-)

anyway... back to hittin the weights hard tonite... either my upper body workout, or some legs

week 5, thursday

weighed in this morning at 158... the abs are comin in nicely =)....

and been off the creatine for a week now... going to go another week or so before i come back on

ONE PROBLEM though... and thats my love and HaTE relationship with basketball... its messing up my progress in the gym at times. on days where i plan to hit the weights only, and hard, i end up playing basketball beforehand, and its gets me a little too tired for my workouts.... ugh. not only that but it kills any pumpp i have going, most noticeable my chest.... anyways, i gottta work on not gettin sucked into playin when I didnt plan on it beforehand lol

week 5, friday

my cut has come to an end. now ill be in maintenance until i start my next clean bulk once im nicely situated at my apartment... which will be like a week or two from now