Camtrogger is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Looking for personal trainer

I have a 15 year old nephew who is a baseball player. Now that he’s started high school they’ve started weightlifting, and he’s very interested in building up his upper body.

I was thinking of trying to set him up w/ a personal trainer who could set him up with an ongoing workout plan that he can follow on the team workout days. The coaches are around, but there isn’t anyone really directing the boys on what they should be doing & how to do it properly. From what he tells me, it sounds like a lot falls into ego lifting and talking about maxing this or that, etc, when they’ve only been doing workouts for a couple of weeks & probably should be more focused on a consistent strength building plan at this point.

Does that sound like something a personal trainer would be willing to do? We can’t afford ongoing personal training (I was thinking a couple of weeks to get a good plan set up).

If anyone has any recommendations for someone around Decatur, GA that would be fantastic and much appreciated.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Camtrogger View Post
    I have a 15 year old nephew who is a baseball player. Now that he’s started high school they’ve started weightlifting, and he’s very interested in building up his upper body.

I was thinking of trying to set him up w/ a personal trainer who could set him up with an ongoing workout plan that he can follow on the team workout days. The coaches are around, but there isn’t anyone really directing the boys on what they should be doing & how to do it properly. From what he tells me, it sounds like a lot falls into ego lifting and talking about maxing this or that, etc, when they’ve only been doing workouts for a couple of weeks & probably should be more focused on a consistent strength building plan at this point.

Does that sound like something a personal trainer would be willing to do? We can’t afford ongoing personal training (I was thinking a couple of weeks to get a good plan set up).

If anyone has any recommendations for someone around Decatur, GA that would be fantastic and much appreciated.
    I recommend you stop by your local gyms or do a google search for trainers in your area. The odds of finding someone on this forum who is local to you is slim.

Also, if he's a baseball player he needs to focus on his lower body as well, since thats where all your power starts from.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    I recommend you stop by your local gyms or do a google search for trainers in your area. The odds of finding someone on this forum who is local to you is slim.

Also, if he's a baseball player he needs to focus on his lower body as well, since thats where all your power starts from.

I worked in a gym for many years,some trainers are good,some couldn't train a dog.Best bet is to seek out a local Y and discuss the wants & needs.It'll cost a little but you can cancel any time.

TomPTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey, I'm a PT who's currently at home injured so offering free advice to teens online. Happy to help.