ifeelsoy is not very well liked. (-100) ifeelsoy is not very well liked. (-100) ifeelsoy is not very well liked. (-100) ifeelsoy is not very well liked. (-100) ifeelsoy is not very well liked. (-100) ifeelsoy is not very well liked. (-100) ifeelsoy is not very well liked. (-100) ifeelsoy is not very well liked. (-100) ifeelsoy is not very well liked. (-100) ifeelsoy is not very well liked. (-100) ifeelsoy is not very well liked. (-100)

İ cant do a single chin up

İm doing stronglifts 5x5 and i want to add chin ups for assistance excersise .chin ups my favorite excersise that i cant do a single one. İ want to add assistance excersise as chin up but i cant do a single. İ dont have resistance band so only option is negative chin ups. But i dont know how much sets and reps should i do it ? And can i do it everyday ?
    Last edited by ifeelsoy; 03-12-2018 at 12:42 PM.

MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ifeelsoy View Post
    İm doing stronglifts 5x5 and i want to add chin ups for assistance excersise .chin ups my favorite excersise that i cant do a single one. İ want to add assistance excersise as chin up but i cant do a single. İ dont have resistance band so only option is negative chin ups. But i dont know how much sets and reps should i do it ? And can i do it everyday ?
    A lot of this has to deal with bodyweight. The more you weigh the harder it becomes. For example I got discouraged in high School. Freshman year wrestling could do 13 pull-ups at 112 lbs. Senior year in the offseason before wrestling season I still could only do 13 pull-ups. I told my gym coach and asked what am I doing wrong. He asked well how much do you weight now, I said 158 lbs. He said you have put on over 40 lbs and have not grown an inch since freshman year and still can do the same amount of pull-ups, you have gotten a lot stronger ! I was pulling an extra 40 lbs of weight.

I would advise if you can't do pull-ups do a lot of barbell rows, lat pulldowns, and negative chins/pullups to build up your back strength. If your overweight, losing fat will definitely help with the pull-ups and chin-ups.
    So keep in mind that bodyweight makes a big difference.

tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Put a chair under you and use legs to assist. Use them just enough to get the rep, not to support all of your weight

kwong486 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kwong486 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kwong486 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kwong486 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kwong486 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kwong486 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kwong486 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kwong486 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kwong486 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kwong486 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kwong486 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tazithman View Post
    Put a chair under you and use legs to assist. Use them just enough to get the rep, not to support all of your weight
    Pretty much this. A chair, any kind of rope that you can wrap around the pull-up bar, or a pull-up assistance machine.
    BP-305x1, 295x3
    DL-495x1,455x3
    S-365x1, 335x3

ifeelsoy is not very well liked. (-100) ifeelsoy is not very well liked. (-100) ifeelsoy is not very well liked. (-100) ifeelsoy is not very well liked. (-100) ifeelsoy is not very well liked. (-100) ifeelsoy is not very well liked. (-100) ifeelsoy is not very well liked. (-100) ifeelsoy is not very well liked. (-100) ifeelsoy is not very well liked. (-100) ifeelsoy is not very well liked. (-100) ifeelsoy is not very well liked. (-100)
    İ think negative chin ups may help me more. First time i did it i was only able to keep my self 3 second next time 4 and now 5 second.
    But in not sure how much rep and set should i do it does it matter ?

Now i able to do 11 second negative chinups.
    But i still cannot perform 1.

Registered User michaelbrianinc's Avatar
    michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ifeelsoy View Post
    Now i able to do 11 second negative chinups.
    But i still cannot perform 1.
    Three suggestions because you keep jumping between calisthenics and weight lifting.

1. If the pull ups are too difficult, look for a similar movement to replace it.

2. At 163 lbs, if you have more flub on you, maybe lose some fat and weight. This will help as you just may be too heavy for your current strength.

3. If you want to stick with pull-ups, then either do it assisted with a band or machine or just aim to do one solid pull up each day until you start getting stronger. Clearly the negatives are not working much in your favor.

For me, chin ups are my stronger point versus pull ups. I also like to do a close grip with them.

It could be possible that you're just not strong enough yet or maybe your grip is very weak. As my grip has grown stronger, chin ups and pull ups have became a bit easier and I can get more reps in.

When I first started, I could only do 3 per set as I would fatigue too easily. I can now do 5 reps over multiple sets which gives me not only more volume, but more practice. Last week I was able to do 10 sets of 5 reps on pull ups roughly 2-3 min rest between those sets. I still have a lot of work to do with improving them though.

It's not an easy movement so don't get down about it. Maybe for now if you continue the 5x5 choose lat pull downs or inverted rows.

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here you go, courtesy of the United States Marine Corps.

http://www.marines.mil/Portals/59/Do...iningGuide.pdf