coop2thehoop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ultra Lite Lifting System?

So my neighborhood gym has a bench press and the bar seems to be really light. Now I looked and the bench press is a hoist fitness personal training system. now I don't really like lifting with this set because the bar is much lighter. Trying to find the bars actual weight I looked on their website and I noticed it said "Coupled with the Ultra-Lite Lifting System™ that reduces the bar weight to a mere 30 lbs."
    So do you guys think that it means the bar is 30 pounds or that with the lite system it makes it feel 30 pounds but is actually 45 pounds?

Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you talking about a smith machine? That's what it sounds like.
    Why not just use free weights?
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

I guess it pretty much works the same way as a smith machine. Do those make weight feel lighter than it it?

inside the box thinker CliveWarren's Avatar
    CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Most gym quality Smith machines are counter-weighted. The reason for this, is that a plain olympic bar weighs 45lbs. Then the linear bearings and carriers can nearly double this. This is too heavy for beginner trainees, women and certain movements. So the counter-weights subtract a bunch of weight, and 30lbs is a general average. just keep this number in your head when doing the mental math.
    Clive, you're a good guy. - AttyGuy

()---() York Barbell Club #62 (DD) ()---()
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #67 ▪█─────█▪

I honest dislike smith machines cause they feel like it's not as real and now I know why they feel that way. Thank you for your help!

CanadaBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    They're "not real" because they lock you into a fixed plane of movement, unlike free weights that allow you to go anywhere. Barbells are "real". Plus they're cheaper, for $250 you can get a brand new power bar of excellent quality; less if you find them in used markets.