ultrax3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What are you're thoughts on me cutting right now?

Sick and tired of the love handles and gut. Currently at 180 at 6ft tall....Honestly I do want to put on muscle mass (and know that I need to) but at this point am kind of tired of the fat I'm carrying. Would rather start another slow lean bulk in the summer after I have gotten rid of the love handles and gut. Thoughts before I start this cut? Sorry for the bit of crack in the back screenshot.

Questions:
    - Will I look like a skinny S*** after this cut? I'm assuming by the time I'm satisfied with the fat loss I'll be down to 160-165. Currently shooting for 500 calories below maintenance and expect to be cutting for 10-12 weeks (hopefully).
    - Current body fat estimate? Goal body fat is 10-12% (the bottom left corner picture is relaxed)

P.S. Just got dumped and am on N.C, staying strong and another reason I want to cut is to regain some confidence (especially right now while the fire is burning strong) as that did wonders for me the first time I got out of an LTR and bulked from 140lb.
    Attached Images

bump

codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If that fat bothers you, cut. Usually best to get down to 12-13% before bulking.
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."

Arizona Cardinals | Toronto Blue Jays | Winnipeg Jets

Originally Posted by codsterlaing95 View Post
    If that fat bothers you, cut. Usually best to get down to 12-13% before bulking.
    Do I have enough base to cut to 12% without looking like a stick? Body fat estimate if possible bro?

lanco123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lanco123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lanco123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lanco123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lanco123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lanco123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lanco123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lanco123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lanco123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lanco123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lanco123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ultrax3 View Post
    Do I have enough base to cut to 12% without looking like a stick? Body fat estimate if possible bro?
    Cut cut cut. BF isn't really important right now..you don't have much muscle mass anyways; just keep cutting down to 12sh and then lean slow bulk from there! You aren't too far away bud.
    God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. John 3:17

Bodybuilding is one gripping hobby.

Current lifts:
    -Max bench 295 lbs. 1/15 (previous best 275)
    -Max Squat 310 lbs. 1/15 (previous best 300)
    -Max Deadlift 335 lbs. 4/15 (previous best 325)

Carlifter1245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carlifter1245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carlifter1245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carlifter1245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carlifter1245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carlifter1245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carlifter1245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carlifter1245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carlifter1245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carlifter1245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carlifter1245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Man you have a good foundation. Too bad on the breakup. Life like bodybuilding has ups and downs. Good to focus on getting more in shape. I'd say you're not fat by any stretch. Definitely some nice shape. Especially in side bicep pose. If you've gone from 140 to this weight you've done good. I'd cut a bit to where you look leaner and then bulk again. You will definitely look great with some more muscle. Working out is good for the soul as well. Good luck to you.
    Will Richards

Originally Posted by Carlifter1245 View Post
    Man you have a good foundation. Too bad on the breakup. Life like bodybuilding has ups and downs. Good to focus on getting more in shape. I'd say you're not fat by any stretch. Definitely some nice shape. Especially in side bicep pose. If you've gone from 140 to this weight you've done good. I'd cut a bit to where you look leaner and then bulk again. You will definitely look great with some more muscle. Working out is good for the soul as well. Good luck to you.
    Thanks a lot for the words of support bro. I will give cutting a good go for about 2 months and am really excited to see in the long run what it will look like the next time I'm back up to 180 lb.

AlexGhaznawi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I honestly wouldn't cut. My approach would be to slowly lean out while gaining lean mass. This will be a slower process but in the long run your physique will look better.

The reason I wouldn't advise a strict cut is because your body doesn't have much muscle mass so therefore the lean tissue you have will be gone due to calorie restrictions. You'll end up in a loop trying to bulk to add mass the cut and losing it.

Depending on your calorie requirements I would eat right above maintaince. Prioritize carbs then protein then fat for your macro set up. Add in cardio 2-3 times a week at 25 minutes to help boost metabolism and keep fat gain off.

You will slowly add lean muscle tissue while keeping fat gain very low or if any at all. This way you will start to look bigger (added muscle mass) and leaner. Remember this is a longer process and you will have to be very diligent with your diet week in and week out but in the long run your overall physique will look much better.

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Cutting isn't a bad idea, but you will look very skinny.
    160ish sounds about right.
    Current bf%, not willing to estimate.

Originally Posted by comps View Post
    Cutting isn't a bad idea, but you will look very skinny.
    160ish sounds about right.
    Current bf%, not willing to estimate.
    Really bro, very skinny ? Like does whatever mass I have still not count towards making me not look like a twig???

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Really bro, very skinny ? Like does whatever mass I have still not count towards making me not look like a twig???
    It's a perspective based question.
    I feel skinny when I'm lean 170s.
    So you at 10lbs lighter and 1" taller would be skinny for me.

Originally Posted by AlexGhaznawi View Post
    I honestly wouldn't cut. My approach would be to slowly lean out while gaining lean mass. This will be a slower process but in the long run your physique will look better.

The reason I wouldn't advise a strict cut is because your body doesn't have much muscle mass so therefore the lean tissue you have will be gone due to calorie restrictions. You'll end up in a loop trying to bulk to add mass the cut and losing it.

Depending on your calorie requirements I would eat right above maintaince. Prioritize carbs then protein then fat for your macro set up. Add in cardio 2-3 times a week at 25 minutes to help boost metabolism and keep fat gain off.

You will slowly add lean muscle tissue while keeping fat gain very low or if any at all. This way you will start to look bigger (added muscle mass) and leaner. Remember this is a longer process and you will have to be very diligent with your diet week in and week out but in the long run your overall physique will look much better.
    Hey bro, Very good advice! While I do agree that I could add more lean mass and NEED TO. Its simply the fact that while I can be diligent with my diet calorie wise, bulking and eating about 3300 cals a day (400 cals over maintanence) is honestly something I can't consistently do while in school, part time work, volunteering etc. Cutting however is less work simply because I spend less time eating and just have to control impulse eating is all.

Add to that the fact that I started off at about 145ish 8 months ago with 13 inch arms and now my arms are 15.5 Inches (flexed no pump), similar rises in other parts (except calves lol) do you really think I could lose the lean mass I've got already? Dropping down to 160ish at 10% or so would be huge progress given that I started at 140ish with not an ounce of muscle? Still don't think its worth a shot??

unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by comps View Post
    It's a perspective based question.
    I feel skinny when I'm lean 170s.
    So you at 10lbs lighter and 1" taller would be skinny for me.
    I know the feels. I'm 5'9.5 and 187 and feel small....
    The Deadlift is the ultimate fight of you VS the bar.

you can't half rep a deadlift.
    you can't bounce a deadlift.
    you can't arch to get an easier deadlift.
    you won't have a spotter to help the hard part of a deadlift.

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.

unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey bro, Very good advice! While I do agree that I could add more lean mass and NEED TO. Its simply the fact that while I can be diligent with my diet calorie wise, bulking and eating about 3300 cals a day (400 cals over maintanence) is honestly something I can't consistently do while in school, part time work, volunteering etc. Cutting however is less work simply because I spend less time eating and just have to control impulse eating is all.

Add to that the fact that I started off at about 145ish 8 months ago with 13 inch arms and now my arms are 15.5 Inches (flexed no pump), similar rises in other parts (except calves lol) do you really think I could lose the lean mass I've got already? Dropping down to 160ish at 10% or so would be huge progress given that I started at 140ish with not an ounce of muscle? Still don't think its worth a shot??
    It is def worth a shot and I think if you cut slow enough then you will retain whatever mass you have built. I recommend going with Alex's advice or eating very slightly below maintenance, but I'd say a very slight surplus while focusing on training hard will benefit you more and agree with Alex
    The Deadlift is the ultimate fight of you VS the bar.

you can't half rep a deadlift.
    you can't bounce a deadlift.
    you can't arch to get an easier deadlift.
    you won't have a spotter to help the hard part of a deadlift.

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.

cory2731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cory2731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cory2731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cory2731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cory2731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cory2731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cory2731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cory2731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cory2731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cory2731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cory2731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    your pics show a good amount of LBM under the fat....go ahead and cut, IMO