chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Is eating 1800 calories a day for someone who weights 215lb too little?

I calculated around that number from the useful sticky on here. I'm 6ft tall, although that doesn't make much difference.

I'm eating 200g of protein, 70g of fat, and 60g of carbs a day.

However I've just seen another thread on here about 20% bf, and some folk were advocating a 3k calories diet for him. Now given I weigh more am I consuming enough calories?

I got my BF from a photo I posted on here and someone said 20%, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

I am looking to shred body fat, but I'm also looking to gain some muscle.

So have I got this wrong?

DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm 6'3 215 and my maintenance is around 3200 calories, when I cut I go with about 2400-2600 calories a day which is still relatively low for my weight and activity level. I think 1800 is way too low, I'd start at about 2400-2600 range then if fat loss is slow, that's when you drop lower. If your goal is to lose fat while gaining muscle, or at least limiting the loss of muscle you want to still be in a range where you can work effectively. For me when I drop my calories too low my performance, recover they both suffer, although you might be losing weight some of that is weight you don't want to lose. A slower steadier approach to a cut where your eating 200-500 below maintenance will allow for adequate fat loss while limiting the muscle loss to some extent whereas a deficit of 1000-1500 calories will likely cause more harm then good in the long run.
    Maxes-
    Deadlift- 565
    Squat- 395
    Bench- 300
    TOTAL- 1260

Road to 600 deadlift- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162508021&p=1257902661&posted=1#post1257902661

wolfenstauzen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wolfenstauzen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wolfenstauzen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wolfenstauzen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wolfenstauzen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wolfenstauzen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wolfenstauzen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wolfenstauzen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wolfenstauzen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wolfenstauzen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wolfenstauzen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    You could probably continue to lose weight slowly at 2500 or at least stay the same

chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Looks like I have been eating too little then. The good thing I have lost weight. And some of that has been fat - my jeans are a lot better fitting, and the definition in my face is coming back. People have commented that I look better, so I'd rather do good things with my body.

If it's possible that anyone with a bit of experience could have a look at my photo's on my other thread and tell me what they really think my BF is, it will help me work it out.

Also Deathbysquats - I don't think I'm in your league looking at your lifting numbers. Maybe in 2/3 years lol.

DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It still comes down to when you drop weight too quickly, you sacrifice some muscle so when in turn you eventually get to a bodyfat that is desirable you don't have as much muscle as if you were to take a little slower approach to cutting while still making some gains in the process. Same goes with bulking try to bulk to quickly and you'll gain fat causing a longer cut, people always want results now which is understandable but in the long run the slower process is better. Most of the times I cut too low too I eventually cracked binged a bit, and probably got right back to where I would be if I took a slower approach still fitting in some foods I liked.

I'm also not too good at judging BF% in pictures but I'll go give it a look.
    Maxes-
    Deadlift- 565
    Squat- 395
    Bench- 300
    TOTAL- 1260

Road to 600 deadlift- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162508021&p=1257902661&posted=1#post1257902661

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What is your TDEE?

Start at a 300-400 calorie deficit from your TDEE.

Give yourself some wiggle room down the road to further decrease calories if you stall/plateau.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

Originally Posted by PBateman2 View Post
    What is your TDEE?

Start at a 300-400 calorie deficit from your TDEE.

Give yourself some wiggle room down the road to further decrease calories if you stall/plateau.
    2400 - so that means I should be hitting around 2000. So I've not been a million miles off.

However that is assuming I am 20% BF again. I'm not 100% sure that is right.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by chubbysam View Post
    2400 - so that means I should be hitting around 2000. So I've not been a million miles off.

However that is assuming I am 20% BF again. I'm not 100% sure that is right.
    Calculations just a starting point. Are you highly active or have labor job? Could be a little higher cals needed I think OP.

Any which way you estimate and make adjustments after a few weeks, and so on.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    Calculations just a starting point. Are you highly active or have labor job? Could be a little higher cals needed I think OP.

This. Calculations are based on predictive equations. Use them as a starting point and make the necessary changes based on real world results. This is where empirical data trumps all, because at the end of the day it's highly individual and thus you must do some field testing if you will.

AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Jeff Seid eats at 1800 calories. But he eats clen and tren hard.
    My Powerlifting "Road To Manlet" Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172129323

Instagram: a.camstra

Gym PR(KG): 195/130/220 @61KG Raw

Meet PR(KG): 185/117.5/200 @58.6KG

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post

No job is not active sadly. I work in sales, so I'm either behind a desk or driving to a meeting.

I've just had a killer workout - so now I'm chomping on an apple, and then I'm going to eat some nuts.

I used to weigh 300lbs. Former300lber's Avatar
    Former300lber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Former300lber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Former300lber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Former300lber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Former300lber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Former300lber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Former300lber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Former300lber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Former300lber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Former300lber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Former300lber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1,800 seems relatively safe, I remember back when I was sedentary (Student) my TDEE was about 2600 calories give or take, I ate 1800 to lose 1.5lbs a week on average, I was about the same stats as you at the time, Eat 1,800 if you can for 2 weeks and monitor your weight loss, if you lose too much weight, up the cals. It's all trial & error.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AFC96 View Post
    Jeff Seid eats at 1800 calories. But he eats clen and tren hard.
    How incredibly irrelevant. I see red in your future.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Vibos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vibos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vibos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vibos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vibos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vibos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vibos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vibos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vibos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vibos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vibos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm 6'7", 225, and I eat 1500 calories.

My TDEE is 3200. I should probably eat more. I usually feel hungry after lunch, but I don't know what to eat..

My lunch is: a cup of greek yogurt (simply 100), 2 string cheese, RAP protein gummies (I feel like I should stop eating these). In the morning I have ~ 30-40 grams of oatmeal. Dinner time I have chicken breast.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by chubbysam View Post
    No job is not active sadly. I work in sales, so I'm either behind a desk or driving to a meeting.

I've just had a killer workout - so now I'm chomping on an apple, and then I'm going to eat some nuts.
    What fmr300 said then. Pick a macro target that is reasonable, and run it a while, see how you feel, how training goes and what kind of progress you make.

1800 is probably aggressive numbers, if you wind up eating a little more, so what the pounds still come off. You will sort it out.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl