larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Unhappy Sleep Apnea stealing my energy

Seems like getting up for my workouts in the AM is getting harder and harder. I've noticed that I'm waking myself up gasping for air because I stop breathing. I have a feeling I'll be sleeping with one of those machines. Are they helpful?
    Side Effect Sports Sponsored PRE-WORKOUT log --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147433803

My Transformation Thread --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=525831263#post525831263
    That New trhead ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162767731

Instagram = jonerd

southerndoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) southerndoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) southerndoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) southerndoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) southerndoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) southerndoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) southerndoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) southerndoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) southerndoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) southerndoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) southerndoc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by larrysmojo View Post
    Seems like getting up for my workouts in the AM is getting harder and harder. I've noticed that I'm waking myself up gasping for air because I stop breathing. I have a feeling I'll be sleeping with one of those machines. Are they helpful?
    Yes. My dad uses one and feels a great deal of improvement.

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lifesavers

larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That's what I'm hearing. :/
    Guess I'll be making an appointment soon.
    Side Effect Sports Sponsored PRE-WORKOUT log --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147433803

My Transformation Thread --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=525831263#post525831263

Instagram = jonerd

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can tell you from vast experience with these machines. Big part of my line of work. It will change your life!

My pops let me borrow his old machine the other day. I put it on, felt like I was fighting against it. But I need to get one calibrated for me.

Instagram = jonerd

TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When I 1st started using a c-pap I felt like I was fighting it too. You will get used to it.
    2012 was a year of on and off training due to miss-hap's. I had broken ribs,pulled something under my shoulder blade. Then had a total hip replacement. Got soft around the edges. Now time for a comeback. 1st year in. So far things are going great!!
    April 11th 2014 double bypass surgery. So another set back grrrrrr.

If The Bar Ain't Bending... You're Just Pretending.

There is no pill or shake. That can replace hard work.

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My pops let me borrow his old machine the other day. I put it on, felt like I was fighting against it. But I need to get one calibrated for me.
    There are tuns of options for different masks, full face, nasal pillows, nasal masks. As well, once you perform a sleep study they will find the optimal pressure that is specific to you. All of these factors will aid in your comfort.

Once you are used to it, you will think its the best thing since sliced bread!

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    get a sleep study done so you 100% understand the problem...

If Apnea, get the CPAP.....life changer x 1000.
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by raynerd View Post
    There are tuns of options for different masks, full face, nasal pillows, nasal masks. As well, once you perform a sleep study they will find the optimal pressure that is specific to you. All of these factors will aid in your comfort.

Once you are used to it, you will think its the best thing since sliced bread!
    Almost any doctor will write you an Rx for a sleep study, but you are better off with an ENT or pulmonologist as this is more their specialty. My current ENT has his own sleep lab. If you can get referred to a hospital where they do the study, they handle everything from A to Z so that's a good way to go too.

Your first sleep study will be without a CPAP. If they can get in enough of what they need to see, they may go to a split-study where they slap a mask on you at some point.

They always put a full-face mask on me, which was frightening with all the wires hooked up. If you have to take a whiz before going nite-nite DO NOT look in the mirror. I was fortunate that I breathe well through my nose, so I had the less obstructive nasal mask and eventually the nasal pillows which is almost like having nothing on. The big masks tend to leave marks on my face that take hours to fade, so everyone knows you're a hose-head.

It took me a week of hell to get used to it. My body had to accept that I will be breathing through my nose when I sleep forever.

Rob
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

Thanks for all the input. I have a deviated septum also so breathing out my nose is a problem.
    Hose head!! LOL

Instagram = jonerd

was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) was strong will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for all the input. I have a deviated septum also so breathing out my nose is a problem.
    Hose head!! LOL
    make sure you ask the tech for a res med mirage quatro full face when you try the treatment portion of the testing (cpap). its a great one for most people.

the respironics wisp mask in size large is an awesome one if you get that septum fixed. the size large fits everyone and doesnt pinch the nose like the smaller sizes.

good luck!!
    "Life is like a cup of tea, it's all in how you make it". (Irish proverb)

Refugeeee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hose head!! LOL
    I also had a deviated septum and got surgery to fix it after I had been on CPAP for a few months. Going from a full face mask to nasal pillows was like night and day.

Seriously get a sleep study. There are a ton of really bad effects on your health if you have untreated sleep apnea. I waited years to finally get one done and I regret waiting. My brother in law had to get a pacemaker at 26 years old because his untreated sleep apnea screwed up his heart.

SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Get the study done. Otherwise u are just killing yourself slowly.

Depending on your current health status u may qualify for the 1st study to be done at home. It's a simple 3 function hook up process. All u have to do is pick up the equipment & let the tech show u how to put it on and then return it after the nights use.

Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have been on CPAP for years. It takes time to get used to it and the first time is quite a ride.

There is a great forum that will help you with any problems, and you will have problems.

PM me and I will try to help.

Losing weight is sometimes a way out so think about that.

I haven't posted in a year or so but I sense you need help.
    HuH?

Thanks for all the great replies. I'll be making an appointment sooner than later now because of everyone's input.

Instagram = jonerd

JaySopM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just noticed your thread for CPAP. Did you get the sleep study done? How is everything going? Last summer I went in and got tested as the wife said I would quit breathing during the night. I woke up at least once a night to have to take a piss and had no energy in the afternoons. Got a machine and it definitely helps with energy in the afternoon. No longer wake up most nights to have to urinate (I was told by my doc that people who have untreated sleep apnea produce more urine because the body isn't shutting down to sleep). Also had the UPPP surgery and sinuplasty (SP?). Amazing how much better I can breathe through my nose. Any particular questions feel free to ask!! One tip, if you are a mouth breather you will either need a full face mask to cover your mouth or a chin strap to keep your mouth shut while sleeping.
    If not now, when?

sonabear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can tell you from using a nose pillow for about 6 years now that once you get the deviated septum fixed, thats the way to go. I dont snore anymore and i sleep through the night with no headaches the next morning. Hope all is well and great transformation,man.
    Sonabear

buildyourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buildyourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buildyourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buildyourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buildyourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buildyourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buildyourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buildyourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

apnea?

Yeah my friend shannon uses one and she says it rejuvenates her....
    Did yu get your heart and bloodpressure checked..tht is associated with apnea...
    ...shredding it

bigperm0107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigperm0107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigperm0107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigperm0107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigperm0107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigperm0107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigperm0107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigperm0107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigperm0107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigperm0107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigperm0107 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have been using one for about 5 years now and I love it. I actually like it so much that one night a couple of years back my wife and I went away to stay in a hotel that was about a little over an hour from home. Once i started unpacking my stuff I realized I was missing a part so I drove all the way home just to get it. For me it didn't all of the sudden give me mad energy like I was on a pwo or something like that but it did keep me from just randomly falling asleep during the day or in the car while driving. I did notice a difference though and its awesome!

Originally Posted by bigperm0107 View Post
    I have been using one for about 5 years now and I love it. I actually like it so much that one night a couple of years back my wife and I went away to stay in a hotel that was about a little over an hour from home. Once i started unpacking my stuff I realized I was missing a part so I drove all the way home just to get it. For me it didn't all of the sudden give me mad energy like I was on a pwo or something like that but it did keep me from just randomly falling asleep during the day or in the car while driving. I did notice a difference though and its awesome!
    Ugh I really need to go see that specialist

Instagram = jonerd

Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have been on one for years. In spite of the initial war to get used to it, I am sleeping much better but not well. I average 5.5 hours per night. I could conquer the world if I was eeking out 7.

I too have a deviated septum. I combat it with Breathe Right strips. It is the duct tape and baling wire approach, but we only have catastrophic insurance.

I am actually due to do another study and get a new machine. I shudder to think of the cost since it's 100% out of pocket.

mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My question is.. Why all of a sudden are people using these machines? Its like they came out of nowhere. Now everyone needs them.

vizioso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vizioso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vizioso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vizioso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vizioso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vizioso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vizioso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vizioso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vizioso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vizioso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vizioso has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by mikieson View Post
    My question is.. Why all of a sudden are people using these machines? Its like they came out of nowhere. Now everyone needs them.
    I don't think it's a matter of "NOW everyone needs them" as much as NOW we finally know of an effective solution to a problem people have always had.

Personally, I fixed most of my sleep problems just by getting a thick wedge pillow. My wife, who had more serious apnea issues, had her tonsils removed and, according to her post-surgery sleep study, had cured her apnea.

mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by vizioso View Post
    I don't think it's a matter of "NOW everyone needs them" as much as NOW we finally know of an effective solution to a problem people have always had.

Personally, I fixed most of my sleep problems just by getting a thick wedge pillow. My wife, who had more serious apnea issues, had her tonsils removed and, according to her post-surgery sleep study, had cured her apnea.
    You could be right..seems the older I get and the more stress I'm under the less I sleep.also feel like I wake up holding my breath sometimes.. Plus I sweat horribly at night.

Originally Posted by mikieson View Post
    You could be right..seems the older I get and the more stress I'm under the less I sleep.also feel like I wake up holding my breath sometimes.. Plus I sweat horribly at night.
    I never feel fully rested.. and my gf tells me that i hold my breath in the middle of the night and it scares her. Might be why i'm becoming more forgetful. No blood in my brain. :/

Instagram = jonerd

CaraG73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes CPAP machines are extremely helpful but in my opinion I think that BiPAP machines are way better. Check out this site that talks about both CPAP and BiPAP machines: http://www.snoringabc.com/best-bipap-machines. They have tons of information on masks as well! I hope this helped