notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Does Basketball on off days fuark up strength gains?

Just curious, I tend to play basketball for around 2 hours, mainly shooting, laying up and shiz on my off days. I do JasonDB's routine where the volume is quite high so I was wondering if this might have an impact on the amount of gainz I could be getting.
    Cheers brahs, will rep people who reply

DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This will be dependent on your recovering capacity. Your best bet is to replace the burned calories, try for a while and find out if your body is adapting and accepting your additional exercise or is it interrupting your recovery process and thus your progress.

chicheto93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chicheto93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chicheto93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chicheto93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chicheto93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chicheto93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chicheto93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chicheto93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chicheto93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chicheto93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chicheto93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DivaJana View Post
    This will be dependent on your recovering capacity. Your best bet is to replace the burned calories, try for a while and find out if your body is adapting and accepting your additional exercise or is it interrupting your recovery process and thus your progress.
    This, make sure you get adequate amounts of sleep as well. If your lifts start suffering then maybe basketball is not a good idea.

notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Does recovery capacity increase as I do it more and more, if I have my nutrition and sleep in check?

proofy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It shouldn't because it counts as cardio. But like all cardio, you can't be doing it all day, maybe an hour or so will actually be good for you. Don't play like 5-6 hours straight though

Originally Posted by proofy View Post
    It shouldn't because it counts as cardio. But like all cardio, you can't be doing it all day, maybe an hour or so will actually be good for you. Don't play like 5-6 hours straight though
    I couldn't If I wanted to haha, I usually play for a couple hours with multiple breaks/alot of walking and shooting. My conditioning is pretty poop in that regard.

DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by notpuayet View Post
    Does recovery capacity increase as I do it more and more, if I have my nutrition and sleep in check?
    Recovery is dependent on many factors, such as proper eat, sleep, volume and intensity of your exercises, and other factors that vary individually. That being said, your recovering capacity may or may not increase but your body will adapt to the increment of workload to a certain extend which will make it easier for you to recover.

Recovery is dependent on many factors, such as proper eat, sleep, volume and intensity of your exercises, and other factors that vary individually. That being said, your recovering capacity may or may not increase but your body will adapt to the increment of workload to a certain extend which will make it easier for you to recover.
    Cheers, repped

JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoshuaB93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I been wonderin the same... But I guess so long as eating to replace that difference of calories that b ball burns, and get enough rest I guess like 6-8 hrs

Originally Posted by JoshuaB93 View Post
    I been wonderin the same... But I guess so long as eating to replace that difference of calories that b ball burns, and get enough rest I guess like 6-8 hrs
    Yh I'm thinking the same :P

sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000)
    No it won't mess up anything, your fine OP. Over training is worried about too much these days. Whats the purpose of weight training if you can't do anything fun on off days?
    yolo- you only lift once

Sumo Deadlift: 480 x1
    Back Squat: 450 x1
    Bench: 240 x1

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Unless you're eating like a 12 year old girl on those days, then no you're "gainz" will not be effected.... and "shiz"

browningar96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    short to medium length activities like running or basketball burn muscle, when you go for longer periods of time escpecially when recovering you wont make as much gains maybe even lose some.
    Max bench: 245 3x
    Max squat: 305
    Max deadlift: 385

Phenomx45 is not very well liked. (-100) Phenomx45 is not very well liked. (-100) Phenomx45 is not very well liked. (-100) Phenomx45 is not very well liked. (-100) Phenomx45 is not very well liked. (-100) Phenomx45 is not very well liked. (-100) Phenomx45 is not very well liked. (-100) Phenomx45 is not very well liked. (-100) Phenomx45 is not very well liked. (-100) Phenomx45 is not very well liked. (-100) Phenomx45 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I also play basketball, except I play everyday, from 1-2 hours a day. This hasn't stopped me from putting on 37 pounds in the past 8 months, just make sure your diet and sleep are in check.
    If i'm taking time out of my day to go to the gym, you better be sure as hell I am going to get some gains.